• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

They got rid of the (admittedly pathetic) discount for Disneyland APs altogether
I know it’s a pain but to have to do it in person but I did confirm at the ticket booth today that there is indeed still the 20 bucks off a magic key for dvc. You can couple this with the hack that it’s pretty much never full to book a reservation for the parks for on site guests even same day and that can let you gamble and get it during your visit if you like to live life on the wild side. I’m debating on doing that and waiting until August.

Super interesting. I had never heard of this. I wonder how far it could stretch..? IOW would both contracts need to have the same point discount AND welcome offer, i.e. pairing 150 Riviera with 150 VDH. They have slightly different welcome offers so I wonder what offer would trump and whether that would work. When I first read this yesterday I thought it was even better--that you could combine any resales for the welcome offers ... sigh, that would be nice. I had dreams of a small VGC contract paired with VDH or RIV to get to the welcome bonus bump. Oh well. Still would be nice to know if they are still doing it and with what resorts.

If the welcome home aspect is different, then I doubt they would allow. I just looked at the ppp discount that was the same.

Now, if someone gave that up? Then maybe but the one reason they allowed it in 2020 is because the discounts were exactly the same.

I know it’s a pain but to have to do it in person but I did confirm at the ticket booth today that there is indeed still the 20 bucks off a magic key for dvc. You can couple this with the hack that it’s pretty much never full to book a reservation for the parks for on site guests even same day and that can let you gamble and get it during your visit if you like to live life on the wild side. I’m debating on doing that and waiting until August.
News to me. That’s good though. $20! That’s 2 specialty churros! Almost 3!

If the welcome home aspect is different, then I doubt they would allow. I just looked at the ppp discount that was the same.

Now, if someone gave that up? Then maybe but the one reason they allowed it in 2020 is because the discounts were exactly the same.
Thanks for chiming in. I suspect you are right. I may ask our sales guide about it if I decide to go forward on anything. I've been spending the past few days since these incentives came out playing with different scenarios. We need more points to use at Disneyland (320 existing VGC and 200 BLT) and possibly some SAP+s for WDW and Aulani depending on how many races I do next year.

I really like the VDH property (we stayed there one night recently on a last minute trip), but I don't like the already too high MFs and then the additional burden of the occupancy tax. Fortunately all my existing points are direct or grandfathered resales so I can book VDH at 7 months with those points, giving me the possibility of adding more VGC and BLT resale that wouldn't be able to book VDH and just using those contracts first on our home bookings. I suspect I can get by with 100 more points, but I'd prefer 200 (LOL) and the question is what makes the most sense in the long run. Direct? Resale? Some combo ... rabbit hole deep dive.

This board is so helpful though. I've been reading through many of the DVC threads and taking notes :)

Thanks for chiming in. I suspect you are right. I may ask our sales guide about it if I decide to go forward on anything. I've been spending the past few days since these incentives came out playing with different scenarios. We need more points to use at Disneyland (320 existing VGC and 200 BLT) and possibly some SAP+s for WDW and Aulani depending on how many races I do next year.

I really like the VDH property (we stayed there one night recently on a last minute trip), but I don't like the already too high MFs and then the additional burden of the occupancy tax. Fortunately all my existing points are direct or grandfathered resales so I can book VDH at 7 months with those points, giving me the possibility of adding more VGC and BLT resale that wouldn't be able to book VDH and just using those contracts first on our home bookings. I suspect I can get by with 100 more points, but I'd prefer 200 (LOL) and the question is what makes the most sense in the long run. Direct? Resale? Some combo ... rabbit hole deep dive.

This board is so helpful though. I've been reading through many of the DVC threads and taking notes :)
Fixed week direct?

New to the boards here, and new to DVC!

Just wanted to say I took the plunge this week and purchased two 150 point contracts at Riviera with the current incentives. I was going to pull the trigger on April 1, but glad I waited another day!

Ended up being $187/pt, plus got three Chase rewards points per dollar by putting the purchase on my sapphire reserve card. As it turned out I had a free My Chase Plan available too, so for one of the contracts I’ve got it in a 24 month repayment plan!

I had been strongly considering a VGF resale, but with these incentives direct was hard to pass up for a first time buyer.

Cheers!

Just wanted to say I took the plunge this week and purchased two 150 point contracts at Riviera with the current incentives. I was going to pull the trigger on April 1, but glad I waited another day!

Ended up being $187/pt, plus got three Chase rewards points per dollar by putting the purchase on my sapphire reserve card. As it turned out I had a free My Chase Plan available too, so for one of the contracts I’ve got it in a 24 month repayment plan!

I had been strongly considering a VGF resale, but with these incentives direct was hard to pass up for a first time buyer.

Cheers!
Welcome Home!

Cheers!
Can’t beat 2 years same as cash.

Cheers!
Welcome Home!

I have never really followed direct purchase info. I saw a thing where Disney will buy back the current year points. So if someone has a June UY...and they purchased direct right now, would Disney be buying back the 2023 point allotment or the 2024 points?

I have never really followed direct purchase info. I saw a thing where Disney will buy back the current year points. So if someone has a June UY...and they purchased direct right now, would Disney be buying back the 2023 point allotment or the 2024 points?
2023, and then I would get my 2024 points in June. And honestly since I have my plans for this/next summer in place already, I’d probably rent out my 2024 too - so it would ‘feel’ like I got a much bigger deal. #disneymath

That makes sense. Maybe I shouldn't have just purchased 150 BRV resale when I could have gotten OKW at such a drastic discount. Ha!

While they don't usually pull offers early, something like OKW is going to have a finite number of points they have to sell and if it is very popular, they could "sell out" well before June 24th.

If it is one of the other resorts, then you should not have any problem with it being available until the end of the incentive period.
With the VGF fire sale they were flexible with the UY for magical beginnings at the start of the incentive cycle. Then, towards the end they got cranky about it and would only sell the 2023 dates. I’m a December UY and I wanted Dec 2022 and they told me no way, so I started to gather my stuff up to leave, and they magically found me a 150 point Dec contract with the 2022 points loaded so I could do MB 🤷🏼‍♀️

With the VGF fire sale they were flexible with the UY for magical beginnings at the start of the incentive cycle. Then, towards the end they got cranky about it and would only sell the 2023 dates. I’m a December UY and I wanted Dec 2022 and they told me no way, so I started to gather my stuff up to leave, and they magically found me a 150 point Dec contract with the 2022 points loaded so I could do MB 🤷🏼‍♀️

VGF is different because it was not a sold out resort. OKW is.

And, they have the ability to decide what to sell and when. In most cases, if people walk away from the sale because they can’t get their UY, they will get it for you if they can.

In the case of MB, it does t surprise me and TBH, can understand the strategy. But glad you ended up with what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter