April Fools' Pranks and Jokes

I'm a lifeguard at a YMCA and have my regulars that come in every Friday to lap swim between 5:30 and 6 am. Let them get in the pool, then let them know that something was wrong with the chemicals and they were going to have to get out. Did get some pretty horrified looks and one lady did a mad scramble to get up the wall!:hug:

These are quite good!!!! :rotfl:

My son laughed and at the 4th "misplaced" DVD he said, "When does it end?!"

Next year here is how he wants to get his dad. Our bedroom is above the living room and the surround sound speakers. At 5:30am he wants to turn on Pearl Harbor and crank the sound so it sounds like the planes, guns, and torpedos are in our room! The hardest part will be him getting out of bed to do it!

:lmao:That is HILARIOUS!!! You absolutely have to do that!!! And post the results here. Perhaps even videotape it and send it in to America's Funniest Home Videos - sounds like a winner!:thumbsup2

Got my DS17 this morning, I pretended that I took up smoking (I've never smoked a day in my life) with a fake but realistic looking cigarette that puffs smoke out when you blow on it, lol. He looked at me confused and said, "oookkkkaaaayyy......" Plan to get Dh with it tonight too.

DS5 thought all morning about what he could do to get his classmates. He finally came up with calling everyone by the wrong name and calling his teacher "Bob" (he's in Kindergarten, lol)

DS5 thought all morning about what he could do to get his classmates. He finally came up with calling everyone by the wrong name and calling his teacher "Bob" (he's in Kindergarten, lol)

Too funny. My Kindergartner wanted in on the AF action, too. HIS idea was to tell everyone they had a building on their head :rolleyes: DD and I talked him into going with something on their shirt or a mouse on their shoe. He "got" the PE coach with the mouse and "got" my mom, a teacher at the school, with "there's a spider on your shirt!" Thankfully, they played it up big and he thought he was a real prankster LOL

I did try to get DH by telling him the ceiling in our hallway had fallen in and water was flooding (we do think we might have a pipe leaking somewhere near there) and never heard back from him. I started to worry that might be one house problem too many and, maybe, he'd taken drastic measures so I called him. He said "I haven't gotten a text." So I told him what it was, that it was for AF, and I was worried it had upset him. Then he said "April Fools." So he pranked me into revealing my own prank *sigh*

I called my boss and told her that the new person had quit because our other co-worker was really nasty to her, and she couldn't take it anymore. She bought it hook line and sinker! She was about to get off the phone with me and call the co-worker when I said to her "ooh, and another thing, you know today is April Fools Day....?" It took like about 10 seconds to realize that it was all a joke!

ETA - When I was younger I used to put clear saran wrap on the toilet seat and wait for my mom to go to the bathroom. She fell for it every single year and always screamed bloody murder at me for doing it. I would be on the floor rolling with laughter!!

I just taught my DS11 this trick since he was the first kid home today. Still waiting for a victim to use the hallway toilet...

My DH came back from a business trip 2 weeks ago talking about how much he loved Idaho and would love to move there. My kids of course said no way...we live in San Diego and there is no better place to live. and at the time we told them no worries we are no moving anywhere.

so today I sent them a text stating that " Dad and I have had a long talk and we decided that we are going to sell the house and move to Idaho next month and we are very excited about it and couldnt wait to tell them so I am sending you this text...we hope you are as excited as we are :)"

They are still in class so am waiting for a responce.....they will not be able to use there phones for about another 30 minutes. Theyare 14 and 17 and in Highschool...

It was pretty lame, but I changed my birthday on FB to today. It seemed hysterical at midnight last night while I was on my Ambien. :lmao: I got a ton of people, although a few did question it.

My daughter came home from the school and said, "Mom, dad. I have to tell you I did something bad walking home from the bus. I smoked my first cigarette." I fell for it! She IS the type of kid who would tell us the minute she did something bad like that. :laughing: I said, "WHO did you get the cigarette from???" and she burst out laughing.

Hubby tried convincing her that we were moving to Oklahoma after a business trip there this week, but it feel kind of flat after her performance.

I put honey nut cheerios in a baggie and wrote "donut seeds" on it and packed it in DS8's lunch. When he got home I asked him if he planted his donut seeds at school. He said they were just cheerios and he ate them. To which I made a big deal about the fact the they were donut seeds and if he had drank anything they would start growing inside his stomach and he could get really sick. He is always worried about having a fever (weird phase :confused3) so I acted like he had a fever. He said "donuts come from the bakery." But I responded by telling him that first the donuts have to be planted then the baker picks them and puts frosting or sprinkles on them. They come out of the ground plain. He said they tasted like cheerios, not donuts so I compared it to peanuts and peanut butter not tasting alike. OF course, the seeds taste different than the frosted donut. He kept saying "please tell me you're tricking me." I went on for a good 10 minutes telling him I was serious and asking DH if we should call a doctor. I started feeling bad when he was on the verge of tears, so I told him "April Fools." Then he laughed and told me he knew the whole time.... YEAH RIGHT!!!

This is the first year I have really got him and it was kind of impulsive, but it worked pretty well.

This was the best year yet for my April Fools joke on everyone in the house.I got two universal remote controls,one for the living room and the other for my room(man cave room).While everyone was gone,I took the remote out of the cave and set it too the living room TV,DVD player and the surround system.

Well when they came home I had dinner made,we ate and I told them I'm going to watch sport channel and news in my cave.Well they put a DVD in to watch The A-Team movie.The trap was set!!!

After about 30min of the movie playing,I tip-toed down the hallway and hid the best I could in the shadow with the newly set remote.I started muting the sound and everyone was screaming"who touched the remote".I waited for another 5min and turned the whole system off.Everyone was MAD.They got it back on and I stood there trying not too laugh.Then I turned the volume up on the surround system to max.My son yelled IT"S A GHOST,I fell on the floor laughing so hard and yelled APRIL FOOLS...:rotfl2:

Needless to say,they told me paybacks are a @#$%^!!!!!!!!!

Got my boss. Gave her a message that Mr. Lyons called....she called him back in front of me...of course, it was the number to the local zoo. It was too funny, she loved it.:rotfl:

... instead spent the day in and out of the ER.

My sister got a call about 10 minutes after my 6 year old nephew was dropped off at school, by grandma, that he had a seizure on the playground and hit his head.

He got released, I pick them up just before noon and drop them at the school so my sister can get her car to go home and he had another on on the way inside from the car.

called the doctor "If he has another bring him back in!"

His mom leaves to fill Rx, pick up older son from school, and take someone to the airport while nephew is sleeping.

My sister gets back so I leave to come back home. After I left sis gave nephew his Rx then goes to talk to the neighbor because she was outside and saw the seizure when they got home.

Then aound 5pm he has another one so it is back to the ER and just as they were going to release him he had another one. Scratch that he will not be released. By midnight nephew was getting transported to Loma Linda University Hospital.

I am waiting for the "April Fools!" but um I guess not.

Let back up a bit to say that he has had a CT and MRI but so far no Dx. He was dx'ed with febrile seizures when he the 1st one at a year old. The recent ones aren't fever related so hopefully something will get figured out.

Oh, dezimber, that is an awful April Fools Day. Hope he gets dx'd and can be treated soon. The not knowing is horrible.
Hang in there.

Got my boss. Gave her a message that Mr. Lyons called....she called him back in front of me...of course, it was the number to the local zoo. It was too funny, she loved it.:rotfl:

I bet the zoos' phones were ringing off the hook yesterday! A friend of mine had the same prank pulled on him by his coworkers.

I wrote very official looking letters to my kids from the directors of the camps they normally attend and love, telling them camp would not be the normal weeks this year for some wacky reasons, so instead they've been enrolled in an alternate camp for that time.

Then I made up glossy brochures for the new camps. The activities include three hours of church attendance daily, eating lunch in contemplative silence, picking up litter, learning organic farming (shoveling manure), cleaning the facilities, etc. The camp motto is "Pray, Play and Obey."

The kids fell for it completely and were not looking forward to the experience, to put it mildly. :lmao:

My boss loves April Fools day and we all walk lightly at work on that day. I work in a grocery store and on Friday morning (April fools day) I do the sale tag change over. I went to pick up the basket and the under side of the handle is coated in black marker and Vaseline. He is just standing there laughing, so I laugh and say well thanks for getting me out of the gate this morning thinking I was done for the day and he would move on to his next victim. How wrong was I. When my shift was done and I went to go home I went to put the car in reverse and it wouldn't move. I put it back into park and thought maybe I put it in neutral, so back into reverse I put it, nothing. I get out and notice the front end of my car is a bit high up and there he is standing at the corner of the store just laughing, he comes over and taps his foot on my front tire and it spins and he say you can't drive with your wheels off the ground. I look under the car and he has it up on cinder blocks.

This is what I have to work with, but you know what I wouldn't want it any other way. :rotfl2:

i called my supervisor and said something was wrong with my computer....told him my screen was upside down. He comes over to fix it and knows how to fix it but my co worker and I were laughing our behinds off the whole time. So i guess the joke was on me! LOL!

And to turn your computer sceen upside down :

Ctrl Alt Down arrow

To turn it back it is the same thing only with the Up arrow!

I accidently found this out with my laptop when I accidently did it and thought it was a virus. Dh had to google upside down screen and realized I did it myself! I was going to go to my parents and do it to their computer but I was tired by the time I left work so I did not do it but I will someday in the future...its too funny! LOL!

Oh, dezimber, that is an awful April Fools Day. Hope he gets dx'd and can be treated soon. The not knowing is horrible.
Hang in there.

Thank you! I hope they figure it out too. They put him on a differant medication but are going to keep him until tomorrow at the earliest. My mom was with him this afternoon and said his balance is a little off and couldn't concentrate on any one activity in the playroom but didn't have any seizures today so that is good.

I bet the zoos' phones were ringing off the hook yesterday! A friend of mine had the same prank pulled on him by his coworkers.

Luckily our local zoo is automated (like most places here) so at least no one had to actually answer the phone. When my Mom got the pranked pulled on her years ago, she actually reached a live person who said "honey - someone is playing a joke on you" :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter