• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April DHS opening time...do you think it will change from 9 am to earlier?

Belle5

DIS Veteran
We are planning to be in DHS Friday, April 24th and Saturday, April 25th. Right now the schedule is showing a 9 a.m. opening. It's hard to imagine with the crowds I've been hearing about that that opening time won't move back. Thoughts?

We arrive 2 days later, and I think you are right. Even with lower crowds the week we are there, I think HS will still be crowded. They will have to move the opening to 8.

I am still waiting for Disney to update the operating hours for the 2nd half of March. 3/15 through 3/31 still have 9am openings for all the parks, including HS. Our trip is 3/14--3/21.
Same. We are 3/28-4/2. On one hand I don't want them to update because 9 is much easier to make...however, because it is much easier to make, I think we will be dealing with more crowds, so for that reason, I want them to make a change.

Waiting on late April hours...our FP+ booking date is this Sunday...this trip has been the hardest of all to plan. Continued changes in hours, FP+ selection, and our group of nine...Just trying to go with the flow...

Waiting on late April hours...our FP+ booking date is this Sunday...this trip has been the hardest of all to plan. Continued changes in hours, FP+ selection, and our group of nine...Just trying to go with the flow...
The usual pattern is for Disney to update hours the second Friday of the month before your trip. Of course, this hasn't been as consistent since RotR opened.

I would figure there is a good chance of it as they keep making changes to the schedule because HS is so busy. I would not count on the crowds being low or moderate though as they have been heavy at HS all year and even in times that were usually lighter. Weekends are a time to avoid HS if possible. Just as an FYI, later in the day, usually after 5 or 6 GE starts to thin out and it is a good time to do MFSM. Especially so when we were there in January in the last hour or so.

We must arrive a day before you.
Agree, we are still figuring out the FPs.
And I'm sure the hours for HS will change at least once. I think there will be a big crowd no matter when it opens, but hopefully before 9.

later in the day, usually after 5 or 6 GE starts to thin out and it is a good time to do MFSM. Especially so when we were there in January in the last hour or so.
So, you don't think rope drop is the best strategy for MFSR? Waiting until late is better or a good time for a second ride on MFSR? Would you not use a FP for this ride? I make my FP this week and am toying with using FP on MFSR one day and the new Mickey Train the next. Thoughts?

We must arrive a day before you.
Agree, we are still figuring out the FPs.
And I'm sure the hours for HS will change at least once. I think there will be a big crowd no matter when it opens, but hopefully before 9.

We are there the 21st (arrival, no parks) thru the 28th(1/2 day). We chose the 24th and 25th for DHS because of family who will only fly in for a long weekend and we didn't want them to miss SWGE or Pandora (the 26th). I would love to not go to DHS on a Saturday but feel we must to include some people.

The crowds were huge heading to GE and all reports have shown them to still be that way so a RD of MFSM will be huge crowd to navigate. We found in January that after 5 or 6 pm the crowds got thinner in GE and could ride MFSM several times with much less waits. If that still holds true its better to do later if you can wait. I would RD Toy Story or what we did was ToT and RnRc.

I would guess they will update them some time this week. But I think it’ll be a little more under the radar bc of the FP debacle that happened when they switched the early March hours. Just a hunch...

So, you don't think rope drop is the best strategy for MFSR? Waiting until late is better or a good time for a second ride on MFSR? Would you not use a FP for this ride? I make my FP this week and am toying with using FP on MFSR one day and the new Mickey Train the next. Thoughts?

I haven't been since GE opened, but what worked for MFSR in January might not work moving forward. I believe tomorrow is the first day that FP+ is available for that ride, so once that happens, the standby lines are going to move a LOT slower. Later in the day may well still be better than rope drop, but it's not going to be as "easy" as it has been up until now.

Oh, no! I didn't hear about that! What happened?

There was an IT glitch — when the early March hours switched, lots of people moved FP to earlier times. But somehow the system started moving those FP around and replacing some with different rides altogether. IT ended up fixing the problem and made it right with those who were impacted, but it was a mess for several days.

There was an IT glitch — when the early March hours switched, lots of people moved FP to earlier times. But somehow the system started moving those FP around and replacing some with different rides altogether. IT ended up fixing the problem and made it right with those who were impacted, but it was a mess for several days.
I’m doing screenshots on what I have. They just updated for the end of March and the only thing I want to move up is MMRW. I definitely do not want that messed up if I switch times! That is if I can even manage to catch them when they do come out.

I’m doing screenshots on what I have. They just updated for the end of March and the only thing I want to move up is MMRW. I definitely do not want that messed up if I switch times! That is if I can even manage to catch them when they do come out.

Just did the same over here! Watching like a hawk for the new ones to load. 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter