April 29 Roll Call Disney Wonder

inbliss2

Earning My Ears
:Pinkbounc :bounce: Who's going? Where are you from? How many kids and what are there ages?
We are a Chicago couple here with 2 girls 2 and 4. Along with Grandma, grandpa and my brothers daughter who is 8. See you there!

Hi,

Finally, someone else going on 4/29! We'll be there - me, DH and DD age 7. Can't wait - 1st cruise for all of us.

Plan to be at WDW for first time then follow with DCL. Me, DH, DS6 and DS19. Have either of you received docs? Know it's early so just curious!:bounce:

Hi goldenskies,

I just received my documents yesterday via Fed-X. I booked through Travelocity. We are only going on the cruise and did not book airline or transfers, so our documents were pretty simple, which could be why we've already received them. If you booked through Disney, I've read on these boards that they typically don't send the docs until about 2 weeks prior. Hope this helps.

Hi,
Documents arrived about a week ago via UPS. We are getting close now, can't wait!

:wave:
myself (21) and my mom will be sailing with you guys in just 31 days! will be a nice change from this NY weather!

haven't received our docs yet, but I booked through a travel agent, so hopefully they'll be there soon!!

see you there!:smooth:

We will be sailing for our 1st time on the April 29th Disney 3 day cruise. It will be my DH and DS6. We are very excited and looking forward to the trip.

We are from Texas and will be flying in the day before the ship sails and plan to stay close to the Port the night before, we also are planning to visit WDW after the cruise.

Hope to meet alot of fun and friendly cruisers!

:Pinkbounc

We will be at WDW for a few days prior then arrive the day before to stay at Ron Jons. Everyone on the boards seems to recommend it highly. We've done other cruises but not Disney! :bounce:

Hi Goldenskies! and fellow cruisers:

On the other cruises did you have your children? If so how did they do, did you give you youngest son anything for motion sickness?

I was thinking about getting the seabands, and or taking the non-drowsy dramamine. I just want to be prepared and not want to have a bad trip due to motion sickness.

We are staying at the Radisson the night before, not sure what time we will get there, we are renting a Budget rental at the airport and driving to the Radisson, and returning the car the next morning to Budget, I understand they have a shuttle that takes you to the Port. We plan to do the same when we get back into Port, have Budget pick us up and rent a car and drive to WDW. I am getting excited and a little nervous at the same time.

This will be our second trip to Disney World we went back in 2001.
Hope to see everyone on board!:wave:

The last two cruises we did not take the kids. Hoping the choice of DCL will make it fun for kids too.
On the other two cruises, since just DH and I, we took the sickness pills that were in the cabin just so we wouldn't get sick. Took them each morning or whatever the instructions said (can't remember) so don't know if vulnerable to that or not. Does DCL have the pills in the cabin? Wonder if we should bring them? I've read on these boards that you can give school age kids the pills, just split them in half. Don't know what seabands are:bounce: :bounce:

Hi fellow cruisers!

We're getting really excited as well. It's the first time cruising for all of us (me, husband and daughter 7). We're flying down on the 26th but staying with my in-laws for a few days prior to the cruise. We also rented with Budget at MCO but will be keeping the car for a full week to accomodate our trip to my in-laws, the cruise, and an extra day in Orlando before we fly home on 5/3. I also bought bonine and a set of Sea-Bands for each of us, just in case. None of us are really prone to motion sickness, but I figured I'd be safe. Sea-Bands are little wrist bands (they look like sweat bands) that you wear tight on each wrist. The inside of the band has a little hard plastic ball that, when positioned correctly, presses on an acupuncture point that relieves nausea. I wore them the first 1/3 of my pregnancy and they do work well.

Because my in-laws live so close to WDW, we go there at least twice a year. We were just there in October, so we're only doing the cruise this time. We expect to spend some time in Downtown Disney during our day after the cruise however.

I hope to meet some of you during the cruise!

Hi, just back from a long Easter weekend, I have not gotted the sea bands, but I think I will get these and the pills just in case.

What is Bonine? I have not heard of this.

Maybe we can decide on a place to meet on the boat once we all get settled in. It would be nice to meet everyone!

It looks like some of us have children around the same ages, also!

Counting down, I am really starting to get excited!

:hyper:

I am replying again to see if this works. I noticed that the envelope on this thread has a black dot, or seal on it, not sure what this means.

I was wondering if everyone is busy getting ready and not having time to reply?

15 days and counting!

I sort of took a break from the boards and now I need to start getting things ready - and still need to get things such as Bonine and sunscreen. I have been buying shorts and shirts and sandals and such for the family over the past several months and tossing them in a closet, still in the bags. Well now they all need to be cleaned, pressed and de-tagged! I'm paler than pale and probably should get a bottle-o-tan or my temptation will be to get sunburned at WDW on the first day. You know, there are only a few of us responding, but many more views - are others going and just lurking? Not that there's anything wrong with that! :bounce: :bounce:

Hi,

I'm alive - just haven't checked this board in a while. We've been buying shorts, sunscreen, bug spray, etc and I have a closet full right now! Bonine is just like Dramamine - I found mine at Walmart, right next to the Dramamine. I also got the last pair of Sea Bands last weekend at WalMart for my daughter. I never did find the kids size, so I just bought her the regular ones. I'm pretty sure I've bought everything we'll need except water shoes. I have an old pair for me, but my daughter and husband need some. I'll probably do a Lands End order tonight. Packing is another story! I like the idea us DIS'ers meeting somewhere on the boat at a certain time. I have no idea where - anyone have any suggestions? Getting excited!

Hello all,

The family and I are getting very excited as well. My wife and I took the cruise 5 years ago and had a blast. Ryan was not all with us at the time (my wife was pregnant at the time). Now Ryan is 4 1/2 and Rebekah just turned 3 and we have planned our second trip. And the grand parents are coming as well. We will be at DW for the start of the 7 day land/sea package. Everyone have a Disney day.

I am glad to see other's posting, thought I was going to be the only one still going!!! I have been trying to do the same last minute shopping to get ready! What type of clothing are you dressing you and your family in for the Formal night?

Also what excursions are you taking, I have booked the Atlantis excursion for Nassau and the Glass bottom boat for CC.
Does anyone have any info on either of these, or done them?

If someone can figure out a place to meet on the ship, please let me know.

Hope everyone is as excited as we are!

We booked excursions and then cancelled them because the trip is short and didn't want to feel rushed. We tried to switch to the four day a couple of months ago and it was booked for the "four in a cabin" allocation. Just as well, but from reading the boards, this trip will go fast. Started planning this trip in November, can't believe we are supposed to leave this Saturday for POR.
This trip is costing enough, so didn't want to go crazy on formal night. Ordered a long skirt with a floral print. It should arrive today. If it is good, will wear that. If not, I have a nice basic black skirt, white zip textured blouse (the one everyone has these days) and heels. Afraid it will look like a business dinner though, so hope that floral skirt looks good.

Hi,

We also didn't book any formal excursions. I pre-rented the snorkel equipment/floats/bikes via Disney's web-site for Castaway Cay, but that's it. We plan to disembark in Nassau, but will probably make our own way over to Atlantis just to tour the Dig and aquariums. I agree that the cruise is kind of short and we didn't want to have to be certain places at certain times for excursions. We're more the play it by "ear" types ;) I'm still struggling for something to wear on formal night (I assume you mean dinner at Tritons). We're also planning to go to Palo one evening, so most likely I'll bring a dress for Palo and a matching pant set for Tritons. My husband is bringing a jacket. I'm hoping to make our Palo reservation for Parrot Cay night, but need to find out our dining rotation upon check-in before I know what night that will be. We also have late seating, but are wait listed for early seating. I don't think my daughter will do well during late seating - if we end up with late, we'll probably either have her eat with the club, or get her something prior to our seating.

Not sure where to meet on the ship since this is our first cruise. Anyone else have any ideas?

Getting really excited now! We leave Monday, 4/26!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter