April 2024 Refurbs List

joseph821

DIS Veteran
April 2024 Refurbs List:

Haunted Mansion: January 22 to ???.

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: March 4 to ???.

Incredicoaster: April 8th to April 18th. Reopens April 19th.

Matterhorn: April 15th to April 18th. Reopens April 19th.
April 22nd to April 25th. Reopens April 26th.
April 29th to ???.

The Disney Gallery and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln: April 16th to ???.

When additional information becomes available, this list will be updated accordingly.

Last edited:

How can you have, Splash, Incredicoaster, Matterhorn, and Haunted Mansion all down?
I agree, it's crazy! The decision to close HM while Splash was down this year is perplexing. I understand the work needs to get done, but probably would have been best to do it next year once Tiana's is back online. Those two rides being down puts the park under tremendous stress to not have any other closures (which there are anyway).

I'm assuming more rides are showing up now in mid-April because it's after peak spring break season. They are probably trying to rush some refurbs in before Memorial Day, then there might be more refurbs in August before Halloweentime starts.

I agree, it's crazy! The decision to close HM while Splash was down this year is perplexing. I understand the work needs to get done, but probably would have been best to do it next year once Tiana's is back online. Those two rides being down puts the park under tremendous stress to not have any other closures (which there are anyway).

I'm assuming more rides are showing up now in mid-April because it's after peak spring break season. They are probably trying to rush some refurbs in before Memorial Day, then there might be more refurbs in August before Halloweentime starts.

I would put a lot of money on the fact that Disney was told they had to close HM NOW and get it done NOW. Otherwise I just cannot see them having that much overlap with them both being down. Some decisions are perplexing for sure, but this one seems like they were pushed into the timeframe.

I would put a lot of money on the fact that Disney was told they had to close HM NOW and get it done NOW. Otherwise I just cannot see them having that much overlap with them both being down. Some decisions are perplexing for sure, but this one seems like they were pushed into the timeframe.
Pushed by whom?

There needs to be a better balance. I think we may remove a day of Disneyland now and head to Universal for Super Mario. Having 4 headliners down is a real problem.

I'll be visiting Disneyland for the very first time April 26-May 3. I hope that Matterhorn and Incredicoaster are back by then. I'd be absolutely gutted to see them both down.
Oh no! We are in the same boat...park days 4/28, 4/29 and 4/30. Second visit for us but first time I was pregnant and couldn't ride the thrill rides. Really hope Matterhorn and Incredicoaster are short refurbs! You'd think at least Incredicoaster should be open by Pixar fest...

lol

Spring break is going to be insane....so many E tickets down. Also while the creek and Lincoln don't soak too many people....it doesn't hurt to have them open as well

Also rumors have been a retheming of the trails to Avatar but Igers comments recently make most people think it's not the case and the area is just going down for refurbs

We're going 4/28 and 4/29, hopefully Incredicoaster and Matterhorn are back up by then. I can't imagine they would be down very long due to Spring Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter