April 2021

davper

DIS Veteran
Sitting at the airport awaiting our flight home.

We stayed 8 nights at the Saratoga Springs resort. The renovated rooms are awesome and very comfortable. It really does feel like home.

Good thing, because we spent most of our time at the resort. We ventured to the parks each day but did very few rides. Without a fast pass, the waits in the hot sun were just too long for this senior couple.
Social distancing out of the queues was non existent. In the queues, it was enforced. Because many shows were closed that absorbed lots of visitors, it made the park seem crowded in the popular places of the park. Shoulder to shoulder in some cases.
We tried 4 times to get in the rotr virtual queues. But they filled up in seconds. I would set my alarm to get up before 7 am and start checking 2 minutes before 7. Before 7, it would tell me I am too early. As soon as the clock strikes 7, the message was queue was full and to try again after 1 pm.
We did less dining this trip because of covid, but did a couple restaurants.
As always, the food was excellent at the boat house. But there was no 6 feet between tables.
We were very disappointed in the new bbq place in the Americas pavilion. The ribs were dry and tough and the pulled pork was very salty. The Cole slaw was good.
I was anxious to try the spring rolls in adventureland after hearing so many good things. They were very greasy. I had one of each but next time I will just get the cheeseburger roll.

Without all the parades and shows, it really doesn't seem worth it to go. Even shopping required getting into long lines just to get into the shops.

Been 10 times over the years. Finally joined DVC in 2018. We've got reservations at SSR from 11/28/21 - 12/07/21. Hope things are better by then. Glad to her the renovations at SSR at great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter