April 2021 Car Rental Thread

Thinking they are holding out rolling out lower rates a week or two later than in the past at MCO. Instead of a month, more like 2 - 3 weeks.

The mr surprised me with a quickie anniversary/valentines’ trip :). Was able to grab “weekly” rental starting 3/3, mid size $168 with avis. Will keep check alamo, as our preferred vendor

Well they sure aren't coming down. I locked in a long time ago from April 2- April 9th and I have Alamo Intermediate $357.

Well they sure aren't coming down. I locked in a long time ago from April 2- April 9th and I have Alamo Intermediate $357.
I keep looking and the rates are holding firm or slightly higher for the 3rd week.
Still hoping they come down, but not convinced they will this time.

I've looked over the past few days and it's still about $200 higher than my price. Agree and doubting I find anything lower than what I currently have.

I keep looking and the rates are holding firm or slightly higher for the 3rd week.
Still hoping they come down, but not convinced they will this time.

I've got an Enterprise Intermediate booked for 4/10-4/17 for $281 through Costco. The price has dropped twice for that time period over the last week or so. I'm seeing Budget for the same price through Costco as well.

Don’t give up. No movement on my April trip either.

Thru auto slash did get a quote thru dollar for a compact suv for $210 all in with AAA starting 3/3.

we’ve used before without issue, do have the express to head to garage

I've got an Enterprise Intermediate booked for 4/10-4/17 for $281 through Costco. The price has dropped twice for that time period over the last week or so. I'm seeing Budget for the same price through Costco as well.

That's the week we'll be there and I can get that price if I take a later flight. I'd rather get in earlier and be able to have the kids in the pool in the afternoon.

A little hope, just rebooked our car for third week in April through Alamo and $25 less for the week. Still $340, but better than $365.
Still hoping it goes down a lot more.

Anybody rent from Fox before? We are going for 10 days in April. Most places are around $400 but fox keeps coming up around $300. I usually stick with the big car rental companies but the price difference hasn’t been that big before.

Anybody rent from Fox before? We are going for 10 days in April. Most places are around $400 but fox keeps coming up around $300. I usually stick with the big car rental companies but the price difference hasn’t been that big before.
Nope, not after reading many negative reviews here & elsewhere re offsite rentals near the airport.

A few airports we’ve flown into only offer shuttles to the rental cars. we allow a solid half hour extra to arrive at our usual return time to the terminal.

Jumping on here now. We have a trip for the last week of April. I feel like a newbie veteran as it’s been over a year since we rented. I will have to dig out my codes. Lost 2 free National days over the shut down as National extended them only to December 2020. Since we’re not Easter week, I’m hoping for under $300. Wow, my threshold has changed. So National or Alamo are my choices. Will be looking for codes and coupons now.

Mentioning in hopes i’m seeing a last minute timing trend vs excess supply...

I always booked early in the past. other than a few $ dip as the date got closer, it usually was the best rate. At times, posters here would state they did chance upon a good one for their initial bookings but they were generally still higher than what I saw booking far out (11 months often).

I have a placeholder booked for our end of april into may trip. Curious to see if new norm for a best rate will start to roll out 14 - 10 days prior. As it did has this go-round for us. The compact suv rental I mentioned in post #46 starting 3/3 dropped to $176 last Saturday, approx 11 days out.

Fox is awful!! Don't do it.

I am surprised that my April 18-25 trip is hanging in at around $400+ on Costco. UGH. Not happy. Hoping for a drop.

Does Alamo charge you if you return the car a couple of hours later than planned? I can't edit my current Costco reservation and a new reservation would cost $40 more, but we're leaving later than originally planned on our last day. Basically, I want to drop it off around 3:00 rather than 1:00.

Does Alamo charge you if you return the car a couple of hours later than planned? I can't edit my current Costco reservation and a new reservation would cost $40 more, but we're leaving later than originally planned on our last day. Basically, I want to drop it off around 3:00 rather than 1:00.

In my experience, if you cross the 24-hour threshold (what time will you pick up the car?) then they charge you some hourly rate until you reach the daily rate and then you are just charged that. But its the same daily rate you have been paying.

Does anyone know if Budget shares a pickup location at MCO with Alamo? We usually rent Alamo but Budget has a slightly lower price for our dates.

In my experience, if you cross the 24-hour threshold (what time will you pick up the car?) then they charge you some hourly rate until you reach the daily rate and then you are just charged that. But its the same daily rate you have been paying.

We pick it up at 11 am on our arrival day and are supposed to drop it off at 1pm on departure day.

We pick it up at 11 am on our arrival day and are supposed to drop it off at 1pm on departure day.

So because you are not dropping if off before 11am on departure day, you are either paying hourly for last 2 hours or your price already includes the additional day. You may be able to tell by looking at your detailed quote. Either way, I doubt turning it in at 3pm instead will increase the price very much. They only way that would happen is if you were crossing the 24-hour line into a new day, but that already happens at 11am.

So because you are not dropping if off before 11am on departure day, you are either paying hourly for last 2 hours or your price already includes the additional day. You may be able to tell by looking at your detailed quote. Either way, I doubt turning it in at 3pm instead will increase the price very much. They only way that would happen is if you were crossing the 24-hour line into a new day, but that already happens at 11am.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter