***April 2019***

Still don't see any reference to possible park hours being extended. Maybe they won't be?
They already were extended for my dates so I doubt they will be again.

ETA - It was just one date that changed (for my trip) Maybe there will be more?

Last edited:
I had a solo trip planned for September 19-22, but with the announcement of Galaxy’s Edge opening in late August, decided to change those plans and will now be heading to Disney with my 14 year old daughter, April 17-20. Still a quick little visit and I’m sure it will be super crowded, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to visit during Flower & Garden and this works out with her spring break and my job, so we’ll just make the best of it!

We’re staying off-site, driving since it’s about a 6 hour drive, and spending our limited days cramming in as much food and fun as possible! Really so excited and can’t wait! *I’m planning out as much as I can ahead of time, but in the end we’re just happy that we’re able to make this trip!*

Mine too! It's a surprise trip for my daughter, so I've got to stalk the mail and hide them as soon as they come. It may be difficult since she's the one who usually checks the mail.

Oh no— that would stress me out! The surprise is so close. Good luck !!!!

I read that hours should be updated sometime today!

I just relayed this to my husband and said “well it will either mess up our PPO breakfasts or it won’t” lol. I’m hoping they are extended at night but I may cancel my 8:00 BOG if the park opens at 8.

After months of meticulous planning while carefully considering factors such as fast pass availability for off-site guests, extra magic hours, day of week, travelling party age and composition, preferred schedule density, probability of success rate for arriving in time for rope drop on multiple days in-a-row, and a myriad of other variables I have devised a schedule that I feel is just about perfect given the parameters. I believe it's success is in that it won't feel all that scheduled as we cover all the bases while also leaving plenty of downtime. We're 16 days out from departure and I'm in packing mode. I find myself looking at my schedule in Google Sheets and MDE less and less (though that will obviously change once we get within a few days of departure).

Part of the plan included about 4.5 hours in Hollywood Studios in the evening with Fast Passes laid out where we could do RnR, Tower, Star Tours, the three Toy Story rides, maybe a show and then call it an evening. Yesterday, my wife casually mentions that she really would like to just go to Hollywood Studios in the morning instead. She has even tried to recruit the older kids in her mission to subvert my plans.

Question for the board: who gets the fast passes in the divorce??!

Sigh. I'm sure there's some out there who can relate. Happy planning and putting those finishing touches on your plans! Cheers all!

After months of meticulous planning while carefully considering factors such as fast pass availability for off-site guests, extra magic hours, day of week, travelling party age and composition, preferred schedule density, probability of success rate for arriving in time for rope drop on multiple days in-a-row, and a myriad of other variables I have devised a schedule that I feel is just about perfect given the parameters. I believe it's success is in that it won't feel all that scheduled as we cover all the bases while also leaving plenty of downtime. We're 16 days out from departure and I'm in packing mode. I find myself looking at my schedule in Google Sheets and MDE less and less (though that will obviously change once we get within a few days of departure).

Part of the plan included about 4.5 hours in Hollywood Studios in the evening with Fast Passes laid out where we could do RnR, Tower, Star Tours, the three Toy Story rides, maybe a show and then call it an evening. Yesterday, my wife casually mentions that she really would like to just go to Hollywood Studios in the morning instead. She has even tried to recruit the older kids in her mission to subvert my plans.

Question for the board: who gets the fast passes in the divorce??!

Sigh. I'm sure there's some out there who can relate. Happy planning and putting those finishing touches on your plans! Cheers all!

Toy story is so beautiful after dark... try to convince them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter