April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

A note about the MSEP Blue Bayou dining package... our server told us to go to the stairs of the train station to check in. This was wrong! We had to enter that center section in the middle of Town Square by the popcorn cart to check in. We had been told to go between 8:15-8:30 for the 8:30 parade. I knew this was a bad idea, so we headed over right after we left the BB a little after 7 pm. Once we got to the correct place to enter, we were told to come back at 8:15. I said ok, but what time are you really going to open? He gave me this confused look and repeated 8:15. I said that I had read that the area would be pretty full by that time and asked if there was a specific spot for scooters/wheelchairs in the reserved area. He then told me that most people would be at church for Good Friday, so not to worry the area won't fill up and there was no way he was opening up before 8:15. I then asked where to line up to wait and he directed us to the railing. I knew. Enter than to leave. My husband thought I was crazy. I told him to just wait and watch what happens. 7:32 pm another woman comes up as another CM approaches and he tells her to go right on in. The first CM then told him he had to let us, and the other family that had been waiting, into the area first. My husband just looked at me incredulously. I laughed and said that it pays to read the Dis! At 8:15 the area was about three quarters or so full. My husband then thanked me for not leaving when we were told to come back later. :love2:

I know that ;) but she has been freaking out at pretty much everything indoors and dark. Forbidden Journey walk through the castle to get to the child swap room had her in tears (and then some kid whacked her on the head real hard with a toy wand) and even the Shrek 4D.

Sounds like my daughter. She won't do any rides that are indoors!

Wait times seem pretty reasonable right now. Can someone there today confirm crowds? Looks like there are fp available for everything other than RSR as of 4:45 pm.

Hi All!!! Woo-hoo, we made it. We Arrived at security on the Harbor side at 8:00 am (4/17) on the dot (slightly behind scheduled for us) for an 8:00 am opending at DLR. for those worried about security, it was very quick- 6 min (including the metal detector and another 8-9 at the gates. We got FP's for HSM, went on ST with a 7 min wait, walked on Buzz, and the kids are going on Autopia while I'm getting FP for IJ for later (its a 10 min standby wait).

We were here thanksgiving weeK and the first week week in January (both super busy) today seems LIGHT.

I know it's still early, but hopefully this is encouraging for those worried about big crowds

Last edited:
Hi All!!! Woo-boo, we made it. We Arrived at security on Harbor side at 8:00 am (4/17) on the dot (slightly behind scheduled for us) for an 8:00 am opending at DLR. for those worried about security, it was very quick- 6 min (including the metal detector and another 8-9 at the gates. We got FP's for HSM, went on ST with a 7 min wait, walked on Buzz, and the kids are going on Autopia while I'm getting FP for IJ for later (its a 10 min standby wait).

We were here thanksgiving weeK and the first week week in January (both super busy) today seems LIGHT.

I know it's still early, but hopefully this is encouraging for those worried about big crowds

I am SOOOOOO hoping this is what happens for us next week! It sounds lovely!

Hi All!!! Woo-hoo, we made it. We Arrived at security on the Harbor side at 8:00 am (4/17) on the dot (slightly behind scheduled for us) for an 8:00 am opending at DLR. for those worried about security, it was very quick- 6 min (including the metal detector and another 8-9 at the gates. We got FP's for HSM, went on ST with a 7 min wait, walked on Buzz, and the kids are going on Autopia while I'm getting FP for IJ for later (its a 10 min standby wait).

Am I crazy, or is it very busy today? Granted this morning was good but by noon, I thought it was busy. I am not a regular visitor, but today, Easter Monday seemed packed??

We're here! Arrived at the Disneyland Hotel and had a little bit of magic. We got to our room and there was no day bed. I called down to the front desk (and actually got the cm who had just checked us in) and I asked if there was a room with a day bed available. She put me on hold for a while and when she came back she had moved us to another room. Not only did we get a room with 2 queens and a day bed but instead of a view of the parking lot, we now have a pool view!

Posting this from Trader Sams and then it will be off to DCA!

Am I crazy, or is it very busy today? Granted this morning was good but by noon, I thought it was busy. I am not a regular visitor, but today, Easter Monday seemed packed??

There are so many variables. As a teacher I can only come during peak times, so it's likely my perception, ha!but we didn't wait for anything for more than 20 min today....

We were here the sun-tues before Thanksgiving and then January 2-6 (which was PACKED).

We park hop and try our best to be here for rope drop (little later today), have ADR to avoid long lunch lines and to have a more relaxing lunch, take long breaks midday and come back in the afternoon. We also use FP's and my kiddos are 11 and 14 so I don't have little ones (don't have to accommodate for wee little legs or naps)

We were in DLA from 8:15-11:30 and did: ST, autopia, HSP, Buzz, Nemo, IJ, a stop to buy some ears at mad hatter, and then a stop for a dole whip and then pirates) hopped to DCA at 11:30-11:45 to do mater, Ariel, screamin, and picked up FP for an evening ride at RSP. We hopped back over to DLR for 1:20 ADR a the carnation cafe (fried pickles, YUM!!). Enjoyed lunch and then picked up a SM fast pass on our way out, did some quick shopping and headed back to our hotel for swimming/naps/showers. We're headed back to the parks now.

Last edited:
We're here! Arrived at the Disneyland Hotel and had a little bit of magic. We got to our room and there was no day bed. I called down to the front desk (and actually got the cm who had just checked us in) and I asked if there was a room with a day bed available. She put me on hold for a while and when she came back she had moved us to another room. Not only did we get a room with 2 queens and a day bed but instead of a view of the parking lot, we now have a pool view!

Posting this from Trader Sams and then it will be off to DCA!

That's FANTASTIC!!! The DLH is on our bucket list. We're at the CCI, my small perk was arriving at 7:30 this morning (normally we just get a temporary pass to park and check in the afternoon while we take a break), but they had a room ready, so we were able to check in WAAAY early (even grabbed a cup of coffee) before heading to the park.

ENjoy your stay!

Last edited:
We were in the parks from Thursday through today (at the airport now to head home :(). Today seemed a lot busier than the other four. It was definitely busier than yesterday.

We had a leisurely dunch (dinner/lunch) at Trader Sams then we headed to DCA around 5ish. Stopped at the Chamber of Commerce to renew our son's DAS pass then it was off to have fun! We hit Little Mermaid (with a quick run to grab Goofy fp) then the swings, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, use our Goofy fp and finally Soarin' before a late snack at the Alfresco Tasting Terrace. Back to the hotel for a fairly early night because tomorrow is a 7am early entry for DL!

Three more sleeps for us!!! can't wait!!!
We leave in 3 more sleeps as well. But it'll be 5 more til we're in the land. Gah! GO FASTER TIME!

The good news for us is our rental car place called today to confirm our car and then said "Can you just come get it today? Our lot is SUPER full and we need the room..you don't have to pay extra..PLEASE" So I'm off to get our nice rental car at noon today with my husband (who is taking his lunch to do so.)

Hope for a sweet minivan for us LOL

Arriving Friday night (just me) and Saturday morning (Sister, BIL and Niece!) for a 4 day birthday trip for the little one and me! Staying at DLH in a 1bdrm suite. making ressies for character greet meals and some shows. It's her first trip and we are beyond excited :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter