April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

Just got back - intense crowds but a wonderful trip! We stayed at GCH this Mon-Weds and we all had a blast!
Random thoughts - chilly in the early morning and evenings, hot in the afternoon- dress in layers! Other than at Carsland, and right in front of the castle, Photopass photographers were in short supply - a bit of a bummer! If you're excited about the food festival, read up about it in advance- the booths are spread out and I didn't get to try out as much stuff as I had wanted to!

Mon - we checked in early, got in line at the main entrance for DCA, rode RSR, TSMM, Screamin', Fun Wheel (this was our first time on this ride - would not ride again, it stalled and it was not good), Very yummy lunch at Lucky Fortune - I think we were all pleasantly surprised! DD's favorite ride was Soarin - she got to ride 3 times bc of FPs and rider swap. We also got to ride RSR 3 times - we were only able to ride it in the early evening by of rider swap, the FPs ran out by mid morning!

Tues - most intense crowds of our trip, the MM was packed. We did PP, Dumbo, Tea cups, before going to BLAB - and the line was already at 20 min! The line for POC was the longest I've ever seen...We had a our only TS lunch of the trip at Cafe Orleans - the Monte Cristo! Everyone also loved the bowl of gumbo/rice my DD had - too stuffed for dessert though...After riding HM w/o FP, we decided no more rides without FP - the lines were just too long.

Weds - we decided to do DL for our last day be we didn't get to ride IJ on Tues since it was down. We beelined there first while DH ran to get ST FPs and was able to meet us there, then Jungle Cruise, then back to Tomorrowland. Lots of crisscrossing the park for DH to get FPs but it was well worth it! Made the day so much better to only ride with FPs (except for IASW - a family favorite and a fast line anyway). Ended the day with ice cream as per our family tradition to make leaving a little less painful....All in all, a wonderful trip!

Sounds like a busy but fun filled trip!

We are booked into that RI and it looks good, still have Desert Palms Inn and Suites on hold though but the price difference is $150 cheaper for RI. Family want Desert Palms as we stayed there last time.

We plan on doing a combo of rider swap and FP this time. Last trip we had a large group and surplus grandparents so didn't really bother. If we have 3 tallies and one under 40", is it right that I can get, for example 2 FP for Star tours and 2 for Hyperspace and just syow them my shortie at the entrance? The other parent won't need a FP for that attraction too? Do the rider swap passes have return times or can I come back later?

The rider swaps don't have return times - and they are good for 3 people! So if you go to Hyperspace, show your baby - you ride with your older kids while DH stays out with baby, then whenever you feel like riding again your DH shows the rider swap like a FP and he rides with the older kids - so your older kids get to ride twice. It's awesome

Mini Rant ahead:

I booked our flights using reward miles through Expedia for TD (we gets points on our business Visa card and then we can use those to pay for flights). When I booked our flights they were booked on Delta but the itinerary notes that our outbound flights (YYJ-YVR, YVR-SNA) are operated by WestJet. No big deal, right? Well, it's becoming an issue when I am trying to select seats.

The Expedia itinerary says to confirm or change seats with the airline so I tried to log on and do this on the Delta website. No go, since the flights are technically on WestJet.

So, I get hold of WestJet and log on to their site to pick seats. Nope, the message on the WestJet site says that since I booked the flights on a 3rd party site (Expedia) I need to contact them to select seats.

But the Expedia itinerary says that I need to contact the airline.

It's like a horrible endless loop. Expedia says contact Delta, Delta says contact WestJet, WestJet says contact Expedia.

So, I've been on hold with Expedia now for over 15 minutes while they try and do something.

:headache::badpc:

Mini Rant ahead:

I booked our flights using reward miles through Expedia for TD (we gets points on our business Visa card and then we can use those to pay for flights). When I booked our flights they were booked on Delta but the itinerary notes that our outbound flights (YYJ-YVR, YVR-SNA) are operated by WestJet. No big deal, right? Well, it's becoming an issue when I am trying to select seats.

The Expedia itinerary says to confirm or change seats with the airline so I tried to log on and do this on the Delta website. No go, since the flights are technically on WestJet.

So, I get hold of WestJet and log on to their site to pick seats. Nope, the message on the WestJet site says that since I booked the flights on a 3rd party site (Expedia) I need to contact them to select seats.

It's like a horrible endless loop. Expedia says contact Delta, Delta says contact WestJet, WestJet says contact Expedia.

So, I've been on hold with Expedia now for over 15 minutes while they try and do something.

Do you have the actual 13 digit ticket number? If so, call WestJet and try to get seats that way. They may charge you for doing it by phone, some US legacy carriers do that. Either way, some form of seat selection will be available when you check in for the flight. Set an alarm and check in the minute your window opens.

Do you have the actual 13 digit ticket number? If so, call WestJet and try to get seats that way. They may charge you for doing it by phone, some US legacy carriers do that. Either way, some form of seat selection will be available when you check in for the flight. Set an alarm and check in the minute your window opens.

I have both the ticket number as well as the WJ confirmation code so I could call and get them to do it over the phone but it's such a pain in the read to get them on the phone! The only flight that we do not have assigned seats is the first one, a short 28 minute flight from Victoria to Vancouver, but it would be helpful to make sure someone is sitting with our son. Not crucial since he is 11 but his is autistic so it would be nice.

I gave up after waiting on hold for more than half an hour...they took my call back number in case we got disconnected so let's see if/when they call me back!

Mini Rant ahead:

You definitely need the airline not Expedia. I had a similar issue when I booked the some tickets using my Chase reward points. Could not select seats when booking then couldn't get anyone at airline (Jet Blue) to help me. After much chasing around, I was able to add the trip to my Jet Blue FF account and from there I was able to choose seats. Maybe if you create an account on West Jet and associate your WJ ff number with the flight, you can get access to book it.

You definitely need the airline not Expedia. I had a similar issue when I booked the some tickets using my Chase reward points. Could not select seats when booking then couldn't get anyone at airline (Jet Blue) to help me. After much chasing around, I was able to add the trip to my Jet Blue FF account and from there I was able to choose seats. Maybe if you create an account on West Jet and associate your WJ ff number with the flight, you can get access to book it.

I have a WestJet account and I finally managed to get the WJ confirmation number and when I logged in I was able to see the flights. Still could not select seats of course but it was a step forward!

I gave up and will try calling WJ again.

The rider swaps don't have return times - and they are good for 3 people! So if you go to Hyperspace, show your baby - you ride with your older kids while DH stays out with baby, then whenever you feel like riding again your DH shows the rider swap like a FP and he rides with the older kids - so your older kids get to ride twice. It's awesome

So what if there are teo adults, two kids over 40" and one kid under 40"

Can one adult and the two over 40" kids ride while one adult stays behind with the small one and then the other adult and BOTH over 40" kids ride while the other adult stays behind with the small one?
I've never used rider swap before but I'm trying to get my bearings on the logistics of it before a July trip....

Can one adult and the two over 40" kids ride while one adult stays behind with the small one and then the other adult and BOTH over 40" kids ride while the other adult stays behind with the small one?
I've never used rider swap before but I'm trying to get my bearings on the logistics of it before a July trip....

I haven't experienced this but I highly doubt it. Maybe ask this one on the main board.

Yes - the rider swap is good for any 3 people - they absolutely don't care who rides. The only thing is to show the baby to get the pass. Our family is 2 adults, 2 big kids, 1 baby. Our big kids rode everything twice

Yes - the rider swap is good for any 3 people - they absolutely don't care who rides. The only thing is to show the baby to get the pass. Our family is 2 adults, 2 big kids, 1 baby. Our big kids rode everything twice

Simply amazing!!! Thank you! When the second group goes on (adult and the two kids) how long of a wait is it? In your experience? Because you're not having to start from the very beginning of a line are you?

Simply amazing!!! Thank you! When the second group goes on (adult and the two kids) how long of a wait is it? In your experience? Because you're not having to start from the very beginning of a line are you?

It's used as a FP - just show it to the CM at the FP entrance

So, I've been keeping an eye on wait times and today seemed quieter than last week.

Anyone there right now care to weigh in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter