April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

Yes, you have to be lucky to get the good rates. I have a full sized car for 11 days Apr 19-29 for $207, Alamo with visa and insiders discounts, when I just checked again today, it's up to $283. I got the $207 on the 29th

Had a full size with Alamo for $158.16, just switched to Budget and a Standard size (just 3 of us) for $119.49 at the counter. Alamo wasn't any price difference when I booked for standard to fullsize.

4/13-4/20
Southwest BCD- U072700
USAA Coupon- MUGZ165 ($35 off weekly rental)

Still hoping for something from Avis (Avis First) or National (Emerald Exec) for the upgrade, but best I can do at Avis right now is $154.87 for a Intermediate (would get upgrade) (USAA A177232 and $30/Week MUWA005) and best w/ National is $204.05 (w/ KLM 8572130 and $30 Coupon ND9334SND)

The Wendie's special is back on Budget. I just snagged an intermediate SUV through budget for 4/6-4/14 for $197.60 using the Wendie code and USAA $35.00 coupon.

Had a full size with Alamo for $158.16, just switched to Budget and a Standard size (just 3 of us) for $119.49 at the counter. Alamo wasn't any price difference when I booked for standard to fullsize.

4/13-4/20
Southwest BCD- U072700

Still hoping for something from Avis (Avis First) or National (Emerald Exec) for the upgrade, but best I can do at Avis right now is $154.87 for a Intermediate (would get upgrade) (USAA A177232 and $30/Week MUWA005) and best w/ National is $204.05 (w/ KLM 8572130 and $30 Coupon ND9334SND)

Thank you for such detailed info!!! :worship:
I just booked with Budget for 4/13 - 4/22 using your codes. Rate came to $147.xx for a compact car (just me and DS12 traveling).

I also have a car booked with Alamo for $160.86 for the same dates. The prices are close enough that I'm happy with either. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which is better to rent from?

Thank you for such detailed info!!! :worship:
I just booked with Budget for 4/13 - 4/22 using your codes. Rate came to $147.xx for a compact car (just me and DS12 traveling).

I also have a car booked with Alamo for $160.86 for the same dates. The prices are close enough that I'm happy with either. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which is better to rent from?

We really prefer anything where you can skip the counter- Alamo or National. It can save a LOT of time sometimes (and upsell of things you dont want or need!)

I have a question about Alamo. I am an Alamo Insider so my husband can also drive for free. However, how do I give his license info so we can use a kiosk and not have to go to the counter ?
Thanks

You can enter the info from his license online ahead of time, but you will also need his physical license at the kiosk at MCO.

4/13-4/20
Southwest BCD- U072700

Got it for an Intermediate

Costco A108393
Costco MUGA103

Total with tax $120.23 and should get my First Upgrade at a minimum :hyper:

Wish I could find the prices you are finding. Some great bargains have been found.

We are looking to get a minivan from April 25th - May 11th. I am currently trying the different codes posted...anyone have any ideas if priceline would be better? Any ideas what my best prices with all costs included would be.

Thanking you in advance for any feedback.

I don't know if this will help anyone. I am renting out of MCO but returning to Tampa. Dates are 04/13 - 14/19.
I used Costco code W852863 and a $30 off Budget code MUGZ022 that I found through Rental Car Momma. If you have an AARP membership, you can get $40 off instead with code MUPZ044 (I didn't want to risk being asked for membership so I stuck with the $30 off). My reservation said it's a paperless coupon.

Regular rates were $20 more but I opted for the pay now rates and was able to get a minivan for $98 weekly plus tax which came to $149ai.
I believe with this code and prepay, you could get a compact for under $100ai.
Also, I am a CDN, so I did select that as my country - I don't know if that made a difference or not.

I don't know if this will help anyone. I am renting out of MCO but returning to Tampa. Dates are 04/13 - 14/19.
I used Costco code W852863 and a $30 off Budget code MUGZ022 that I found through Rental Car Momma. If you have an AARP membership, you can get $40 off instead with code MUPZ044 (I didn't want to risk being asked for membership so I stuck with the $30 off). My reservation said it's a paperless coupon.

Regular rates were $20 more but I opted for the pay now rates and was able to get a minivan for $98 weekly plus tax which came to $149ai.
I believe with this code and prepay, you could get a compact for under $100ai.
Also, I am a CDN, so I did select that as my country - I don't know if that made a difference or not.

that's pretty good. Any experience with budget? I currently have alamo for $115 all week. I can get $100 all in for budget.. should i stick with alamo for the extra $115 for the kiosk?
What is the wait like for budget, and can you pick your car?

I'm from Canada and booked through Costco / Alamo for 1 night from Orlando April 7-8 $183.00 dropping off at Miami airport and free shuttle to Port of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

that's pretty good. Any experience with budget? I currently have alamo for $115 all week. I can get $100 all in for budget.. should i stick with alamo for the extra $115 for the kiosk?
What is the wait like for budget, and can you pick your car?

You cannot pick your car at Budget, and I don't know about the regular line. I have Fastbreak on my Budget account so I go to a shorter line and everything is there waiting for me - I basically show them my ID and take the keys and go.

That totally made a difference in price. If I say I am from US, a minivan from 04/22-04/30 is almost $500..if I say I am from CDN, its only $191. CRAZY!!!! Too bad I dont have an id for Canada to get that rate!!!!!

If Anyone goes with Budget and uses the e-code MUPZ044, could they let me know how it works? Is it really an AARP coupon? Do you need to show some type of membership?

Wish I could find the prices you are finding. Some great bargains have been found.

We are looking to get a minivan from April 25th - May 11th. I am currently trying the different codes posted...anyone have any ideas if priceline would be better? Any ideas what my best prices with all costs included would be.

Thanking you in advance for any feedback.

Try pricelines name your own price deal. You have to pay at booking if the deal is accepted but I just paid 125 for an 8 day car rental which was 60% off the actual price from the rental company. Saved 100 bucks.

Just used it for a minivan at a local Budget in NJ. Even though the customer service person said "you got a good rate" at least three times (and even asked me what it was, to which I answered Travelocity), I didn't have an issue with it. Total for three days, including tax, was $178. He said that normally, a minivan runs $119/day there. :goodvibes

The Wendie's special is back on Budget. I just snagged an intermediate SUV through budget for 4/6-4/14 for $197.60 using the Wendie code and USAA $35.00 coupon.

THANK YOU for posting this!! We are going to Florida for two weeks (April 21-May 4th. and were driving down till I got this SUV deal at $341. I quickly checked SWA prices and they were still reasonable $195. round trip. Tickets for my DH and I less than $ 400. plus the $341. = CHEAPER to fly than drive :thumbsup2 Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter