April 18 evening Disneyland closure?

goofy1954

Mouseketeer
There was some scuttle on an old forum about an event that night. But I've heard nothing more about it, and the 60-day window for reservations is nigh.
Does anyone know anything?

There was some scuttle on an old forum about an event that night. But I've heard nothing more about it, and the 60-day window for reservations is nigh.
Does anyone know anything?
I guess silence means no event, at this point?

I have to say, it really irritates me the short window notice of hours Disney offers. They expect you to book reservations in advance and in order to get a halfway decent hotel rate or let alone book at hotel at all, it needs to be done months in advance. In order to get certain dining, you better get up and be ready to book by 6am PST if you want a chance at what you and your family would like to enjoy 60 days out! Yet they give a pathetic 6 week notice of hours and schedules?! A trip to Disneyland costs a pretty penny and to not be willing to give this information out sooner is wrong. Trips to Disneyland typically take more than 6 weeks notice to plan. At least for us it does in order to afford it! We have tried calling to get information, and CMs say sorry the calendar doesn't go out that far.... so frustrating!

It’s totally frustrating! I don’t like to complain about Disney, I know there’s a lot of moving parts and outside forces that affect business but this is annoying.
I had seen on here where someone said Disneyland was closing at 8pm that day so it prompted me to upgrade to park hoppers for our trip.
This is the only second time for my kids and we don’t know if we can fly back for several more years. But last trip same thing happened and it was a bummer to have bought tickets and made plans for a day that the park closed early for an event and not know until plans were already set.

OK, so there is definitely an event that night. It won't let me make Blue Bayou reservations past 5 p.m., or Cafe Orleans after 6:50 p.m. And the hours section of Blue Bayou cites "Today's Special Ticketed Event."
Glad we got Park Hoppers, because it looks like the World of Color Desert Party is back on the table for April 18!
Oh, and after numerous test runs where the ADRs dropped precisely at 0600 Pacific, they were available early today. Good figure!

OK, so there is definitely an event that night. It won't let me make Blue Bayou reservations past 5 p.m., or Cafe Orleans after 6:50 p.m. And the hours section of Blue Bayou cites "Today's Special Ticketed Event."
I was just going to come say this! Also, I was up at 5 am and tried the browser instead of the app and it let me make early reservations for lamplight and oga’s that day (instead of at 6am). So tomorrow I’m getting up at 3am and trying the browser to reserve for blue bayou for April’s 19th. Sounds crazy, but I’m willing to try! I can’t seem to snag a blue bayou…

I am curious as to what the event is now after seeing that message on Blue Bayou.

Same issue here....tried reserving blue bayou at 4.30am, hadn't dropped. Next time i woke up it was 7.30am LA time,all reservations gone, but noticed reservation time only went to 6.30pm.

It looks like I'll have to get up at 3 on Wednesday to make sure I get BB in the 19th.

I was the only who had commented that it would be closed early on April 18th. It is frustrating they don't release things like this sooner. I only knew because of a friend who is planning and event that week, and the Disney team they are working with let them know it would be closing early. But they don't release that to the public until way later.

They just released info on Thowback Night and Star Wars Night. One of the Thowback Nights is April 18.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...hemed-nites-to-disneyland-resort-this-spring/
Great. I had planned BOTH the 18th and 20th as our only full Disneyland days.
I haven't had to schedule around this issue before. Outside of an inability to get ADRs and lighting lanes after a certain hours, what happens to regularly ticketed guests on party nights?
Does the park close for them at 9, or before? What about other events that usually run after 6 p.m., like the 6:30 parade? Are they affected in some way?

Great. I had planned BOTH the 18th and 20th as our only full Disneyland days.
I haven't had to schedule around this issue before. Outside of an inability to get ADRs and lighting lanes after a certain hours, what happens to regularly ticketed guests on party nights?
Does the park close for them at 9, or before? What about other events that usually run after 6 p.m., like the 6:30 parade? Are they affected in some way?

The park closes to regular guests at 8 PM. You will no longer be able to get in line for rides once 8 PM hits. Since Disney hasn't even posted parade times for after March 18, hard to say what they will do about an evening parade on April 18th or 20th. I think they ran the projections show for day guests on the nights of the recent sweetheart events, but since sunset is later by mid-April that's probably no longer feasible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter