• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 17th - 24th WooHoo!

Judy40......you live in our neck of the woods. How long do you go for? How long is your drive?[/QUOTE]

We just changed our ressie to arrive 4/20-5/1. We always feel like we never have enough time there to do everything! It usually takes us 2 days to get down there. We try to drive most of the day and find a Walmart to stay in around midnight and sleep in till about 7am then drive again. I hope its good weather. Last year on the drive down, it rained from PA to SC. it was not fun!

I hope you have a safe trip down! Do you drive straight through?

I just checked park hours.
MK hours have been increased. A 2nd spectromagic has been added.
Also 2nd Fantasmic show has been added on several nights at HS

Judy 40,

No, we do not drive straight through.

In the past we leave around noon, drive until the Maryland welcome center on 301 (I think it's closed now), sleep for ~5 hrs and arrive at the Fort around 10pm on Saturday.

This year we will leave after school on 4/16. We figure we can get to the last rest area on the NJ turnpike around midnight. Drive all day Sat, stay at the welcome center rest area in northern Florida (arriving around 10pm) and finish the drive on Sunday morning.

We like to keep moving. When we stop for gas everyone takes a pit stop. We snack in the truck and stop once a day for a meal (~30 minutes). So, there isn't a lot of dodling when we do stop. What helps is that we both drive (3-4 hour shifts) so that the other person gets some down time. Thankfully our daughter has always been a good rider.

Have a safe trip. Look for us when you are there. We will be arriving on 4/18 and leaving around 8pm on Thursday, April 29th. We have a Toyota Tundra and an Airstream travel trailer.

Sounds kinda what we do. We go down to Albany then take rt 88(I think) to Binghamaton NY, then we continue on that route to Rt 81 to Winchester then we pick up Rt 17 to Fredricksburg/Falmouth, then its 95 the rest of the way. We hate the traffic around DC. We are leaving the 16th also, but we go to Clearwater, FL to visit family first. We check in on the 20th. I can't wait
Maybe we will see you there. I will look for an Airstream trailer. We hope to be in the 800 loop.
Happy Trails!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter