• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 17-21? AM I crazy?

Look_Its_Nikki

Mouseketeer
( Long time lurker ) :)

We have a trip planned for April 24-28 but bc of DH work we need to change it April 17-21 or mid may or later.

I know Easter is on the 16 so how many spring breaks will be that week?

it will be me DH our girls 13&2 and my mom.

Should we wait? 3 days 4 nights.

Would love to hear insight. It's been 4 years since I have been!!

As long as you go expecting crowds, I think it's possible to have a lot of fun in Disneyland. Based on the blockout calendar and 1-day park pricing, it looks like DLR is expecting the bulk of the Spring Break crowds to arrive before Easter. Friday the 21st is back to peak season pricing and there are AP blockouts (it's the start of Spring Dapper Day weekend), so that will probably be pretty busy. The Monday through Thursday are considered "regular" priced (for a 1-day ticket), so those might not be as busy as the weekend. We don't know if they're going to have any promotions (e.g., AP Days) after Easter, but I wouldn't be surprised if they offer something. So all in all, I don't think you're crazy for going that week, but go expecting that there will still be crowds.

We'll be there that week, also.

Most Arizona public schools have already done spring breaks, but, of course, the parochial schools do them around Easter, which is why we're going to be there then.

Add me to the list of crazies that will be there that week. Our whole school district, both elementary & high schools will have their break that week (Berryessa Unified & East Side Union High School district in San Jose).

We're there the same dates as well! I'm heading into it expecting crazy but will be happy for only mildly insane. :D

Those are our dates...Spring Break on the east coast. We are expecting crowds. Based on hours, Disney is too, albeit slightly lighter than say this week. Hours are extended, fireworks nightly, but WoC with only a single show.

Our exact dates as well; it's our spring break (CA central coast). im expecting big crowds, but it appears they'll have extended hours; so I think it will be maneagable.

We'll be there that week too (17-23). I'm looking at it as having great hours (especially with teens) and hopefully fewer people than the 2 or 3 weeks before. Even if it's packed - just slow your pace and do what you can. Go early and head back to the hotel for a break when it gets to be too much. With a 2 yo it may be tough for you to take advantage of the later hours... unless your mom is willing to hang at the hotel with the younger DD while you and your DH stay at the parks after dinner.

Our exact dates as well; it's our spring break (CA central coast). im expecting big crowds, but it appears they'll have extended hours; so I think it will be maneagable.

I'm on the central coast of CA, too! I wonder if we know each other? Ha!

I was at DCA today. It was really crowded. We still had fun but the crowds are just a bit much after a while. Maybe because I am pushing a stroller and it was hot but it's just so many people. If I had a choice I personally would choose mid May over spring break.

I was in DCA today too. My friends had F&W AP tabs to use and today was the last day before the lower level APs are blocked. They're blocked because it's spring break and will be crowded, but it's possible that tomorrow won't be as bad as today before it really starts to pick up next week. Security lines at M&F were awful too. They had 4 open when I got there and only 5 when I left and it's not any faster than it used to be if they're going to build a bunch of checkpoints and then not staff them. I walked to DTD, and those lines weren't anywhere near as long, but they were still a good 10-12 people deep. And I was surprised at how crowded DTD was an hour after the parks opened. Starbucks had their mobile ordering down, both locations but the west location did eventually turn it back on. And Marceline's was handing out numbers to make a purchase. I had a Soarin FP for 1pm and the line was back to the door of Smokejumper's. By the time I got to the entrance, the FP returns were at 9:50-10:50. Also, the line to get TSMM FP was huge and of course they didn't have it extend beyond the small area where the machines are, so that made it really hard to walk around there. There were some areas that weren't too bad, like from the Fun Wheel around the swings to Goofy's wasn't crowded, but there's not a lot there. And the BatB preview over towards Monster's Inc was pretty open, but again, not much back there. I hopped to DL at one point and it felt like I was breezing through TL compared to some of the traffic jams in DCA. They were really enforcing the one way traffic on each side of the Peoplemover tracks with lots of CMs and people were actually listening and it was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter