• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Approved Fire Pits

Kidatheart2010

Mouseketeer
We just purchased one of the approved fire pits. Oh yes "some assembly required " is an understatement. Does anyone take one with them? I will be taking firewood with me. Is there any place to buy some if we run out? I don't think the fort would take kindly to foraging. Pinecones will be in abundance as always. The DW said someone purchased the same one we have and they had an issue with the tires melting. That would have to be one heck of a fire. I have attached the link to the one we purchased. If anyone has had an issue with the tires melting please let me know.
Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016GMQ5E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

60 Days 2 Hours 54 Minutes till we leave for the Fort..............

Watch about bringing fire wood from home.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...tions-and-Certifications/Firewood-Regulations

Moving firewood from state to state is many times illegal. Sometimes moving it from County to County within a state is illegal too.

I know some people will use scrap lumber as their firewood. It's not quite the same. Also be careful if the lumber is treated.

There have been other posts that indicate that some of the local Hardware and even Grocery stores in the Kissimmee area do sell bundles of firewood. I think "Foraging" for wood in the area is okay as long as you are only taking fallen wood and only from areas where guests are allowed. Unfortunately, however, I suspect all of those areas are well picked over.

Have you ever burned "Pine Cones"? They work okay as a fire starter but will certainly leave "Residue" that maybe you don't want.

Watch about bringing fire wood from home.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...tions-and-Certifications/Firewood-Regulations

Moving firewood from state to state is many times illegal. Sometimes moving it from County to County within a state is illegal too.

I know some people will use scrap lumber as their firewood. It's not quite the same. Also be careful if the lumber is treated.

There have been other posts that indicate that some of the local Hardware and even Grocery stores in the Kissimmee area do sell bundles of firewood. I think "Foraging" for wood in the area is okay as long as you are only taking fallen wood and only from areas where guests are allowed. Unfortunately, however, I suspect all of those areas are well picked over.

Have you ever burned "Pine Cones"? They work okay as a fire starter but will certainly leave "Residue" that maybe you don't want.

I have used a fireplace in our home for many years. Many fires in the woods with the Military.. Im a professional fire starter / bug..... Yes pine cones are are wonderful fire starters. If they are really dry they don't contain to much pitch / tar. I live in Florida so I won't be taking wood across state lines. I will be using seasoned Pecan wood. I have never been stopped and checked "knock on wood" sorry for the pun.. I know that some areas sell it. I didn't know if you could purchase it at the Fort. I know that Walmart sells it in small boxes. Not wanting a raging fire. Just something to sit by while watching and chilling at the campsite.
Thanks for the info.

Many fires in the woods with the Military.. Im a professional fire starter / bug.
Right there with ya!:thumbsup2

"knock on wood"
:lmao:

I like have a nice fire to sit by, but I hate all the regulations, (not just at the fort but everywhere). I get it though. It's all about safety (well mostly about safety). At the fort they also have a "Campfire" over by the outdoor theater that you can go to free of charge. They also sell s'mores kits or you can bring your own to roast.

Me, I like to camp and relax. The DW, she likes the campground for different reasons (and it's not the fire as she has asthma). When at the Fort, we spend more time at the parks or other attractions (Pools, shows, shops, etc..) We do have a fire pit, but the one we have isn't approved for the Fort but we wouldn't bring it anyway for reasons previously stated. I also "Cringe" at the thought of having to buy those tiny bundles of wood for a fire. In my youth, we used to go camping every year at a local campground (primitive sites too. No electric, water, sewer, etc... ), but it was definitely in the woods. I loved it and we would "forage" for our firewood. There was lots to be had too. Ah... Those were the days. :)

This is ours. If we don't have any from home or DH hunting property, we buy our fire wood at Walmart in the garden center. Back in March it was only $2.00 a bundle, I saw it yesterday and it was up to $4.50. Publix also carries it, but only during the colder months, which here in Fl is usually Nov - Feb.
fw4.2015.8.jpg

Both LOWES and HOMEDEPOT carry firewood and in a pinch they carry chunk wood for BBQ that works well for a smaller ambiance fire

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter