• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Approved fire pit?

garneska

DIS Veteran
Hello fort campers.

We are getting ready to go back to the fort with my Mallory. Yes that means another trip report with dog pictures. Since we are going in dec and again in jean for the marathon we were thinking about a fire pit.

My question, hubby found a gas fire pit but it is not enclosed, is it allowed at the fort? Yes I have seen the literature but I did not focus on it since I did not think we would have one. Hoping someone can help. If necessary will have hubby post a link to it.

Will be at the fort in two weeks for a quick Christmas trio and then two weeks for the marathon.

Thanks

I would think that it would be ok since you aren't burning anything that would create embers that would float around then catch the Fort on fire. But, I'm sure Rusty would be better to answer the question than I. That's just my take on it.

Hello fort campers.

We are getting ready to go back to the fort with my Mallory. Yes that means another trip report with dog pictures. Since we are going in dec and again in jean for the marathon we were thinking about a fire pit.

My question, hubby found a gas fire pit but it is not enclosed, is it allowed at the fort? Yes I have seen the literature but I did not focus on it since I did not think we would have one. Hoping someone can help. If necessary will have hubby post a link to it.

Will be at the fort in two weeks for a quick Christmas trio and then two weeks for the marathon.

Thanks

If it is not enclosed it doesn't look like it. This is from AllEars;

http://allears.net/acc/fw/campfire-pits.jpg

I would think that it would be ok since you aren't burning anything that would create embers that would float around then catch the Fort on fire. But, I'm sure Rusty would be better to answer the question than I. That's just my take on it.

1) NO OPEN FLAMES.
2) Basically;
. . . the unit MUST have a solid metal top and a solid metal bottom
. . . the unit MUST have mesh sides to prevent embers from escaping
. . . the unit must remain totally sealed/closed when burning
. . . the unit MUST have legs, so it does not sit on tables or porches

and the unit must be able to accommodate wooden high chairs and tables as it's primary source of fuel. This fuel can be found on the porch of the Trail's End restaurant...

...just say'n

and the unit must be able to accommodate wooden high chairs and tables as it's primary source of fuel. This fuel can be found on the porch of the Trail's End restaurant......just say'n

1) I think you have now simply gone too far.
2) I think you have made a ridiculous demand.
3) There is no need for the fire pit to accommodate such.
4) Let us not place a terrible requirement upon the campers.

NOTE1:
. . . The porch items listed CAN be broken down into more manageable sizes.
. . . As long as campers bring an axe or hatchet to chop the items, this is fine.

NOTE2:
. . . They can bring BOTH an axe and hatchet.
. . . And, a few steak knives with nicely honed edges.
. . . I am certain there will be others willing to assist in re-sizing the porch furniture.
. . . This will reduce the need for an oversized fire pit.
. . . Plus, aid in making comrades among fellow campers through a pleasantly united task.

:cool1:

Dang I hate I didn't get to meet you Scupper!

Sounds like we would have had a blast:thumbsup2

NOTE1:The porch items listed CAN be broken down into more manageable sizes
. . . .

NOTE2:
. . . They can bring BOTH an axe and hatchet.
. . . And, a few steak knives with nicely honed edges.
. . . I am certain there will be others willing to assist in re-sizing the porch furniture.
. . . Plus, aid in making comrades among fellow campers through a pleasantly united task.

Lets not get carried away with the burning of the high chairs and tables. The answer is right here in Rusty's sermon.

The porch items listed CAN be broken down into more manageable sizes

Meaning that if there is a Diser at the Fort with woodworking skills, one can make new rockers and a smaller table. (With the cover of darkness, of course).

It was as I remembered has to be enclosed. Hubby was hoping if it was propane not necessary to have it enclosed. Guess I just need more blankets.

. . . . Guess I just need more blankets.

Fire Pit Pros:
. . . looks nice
. . . radiates warmth
. . . allows a gathering of family
Blanket Pros:
. . . snuggling with your other half

NO CONTEST. FORGET THE FIRE PIT. GO WITH THE BLANKETS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter