• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Approved electrical devices?

ChristopherFamily

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for a few items that I can take on board.

I want to bring a fan, steamer & sound machine. Which ones are allowed.

I'm looking for a few items that I can take on board.

I want to bring a fan, steamer & sound machine. Which ones are allowed.

Appliances, Electrical Items and Electronics​

For the safety of all Guests on board, electrical appliances are restricted and therefore prohibited from being brought on board. Should any of these items be found in your baggage during the security screening process, they will be confiscated and result in a delay of your luggage delivery until late evening on embarkation day. To ensure swift delivery of your luggage to your stateroom, please leave these items at home. Select hairstyling and grooming tools are exceptions.
  • Electric irons and steamers (all ships offer self-service laundry facilities equipped with irons and ironing boards)
The following electrical appliances will be collected for inspection by the Chief Electrician and, if approved, will be returned for use on board the ship. Unapproved items found during the security screening process will be confiscated, causing a delay in the delivery of your luggage to your stateroom until late evening on embarkation day.
  • Portable fans
  • Sleep machines
  • White noise machines

I have taken a small fan and sleep machine that both have USB plugs and they were not pulled to be inspected. FWIW

Steamer is a no go. Other items listed are fine as long as they are in good working order.
Thank you. I was hoping to be able to space bag our items (we are a family of 6) but that always causes many wrinkles. I will have to come up with another plan.

Thank you. I was hoping to be able to space bag our items (we are a family of 6) but that always causes many wrinkles. I will have to come up with another plan.
I know you don't want to spend your trip ironing but their ironing facilities are pretty nice. Also Downy Wrinkle releaser and the shower work pretty well. I roll my clothes and that helps with the wrinkles even in the space bags.

I just use the laundry facility on the boat - they’ve got irons. I usually just take everything that needs ironed at one time and knock it out. But 6 people is a lot of clothes!

Depending on the items there is an iron in the laundry service area. For my dresses and such I hang them in the bathroom and take a really hot long relaxing shower. I get out and BOOM clothes are steamed LOL!

I also pack dress clothes last, I keep them hanging next to our suitcase until we leave. We always arrive a day or two early and I'll pull them out and hang them at the hotel and repack them right before we get on the ship. As soon as I have my bags I pull them out again and hang them back up. This really helps so the wrinkles are super heavy and set into the clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter