Apprehensive about Coronado Springs stay.....Reassure me.

DH and I stayed there last year and we loved it. We had the best bussing experience (I know we could go back and have the opposite happen), we loved the pool and hot tub and the grounds are gorgeous. I wasn't a huge fan of how the Pepper Market works but that wouldn't stop me from returning.

Stayed there a year ago for the first time. Nice size room with nice size bath. Are you going with kids? The pool is really cool and the walk around the water to the pool area is nice. The bath area has a sliding divider between the sink area and the main sleeping area. It is very close to Blizzard Beach and we slipped in for a few hours. We felt the bus service was fine.

Since we usually stay at Pop we were pleased with CSR.

To answer your question and cover a few more points, we are taking our DD, who will be 14. We hope to devote one afternoon to the pool and I think that will be nice, considering that pool.

I am from Texas, and just am not a fan of the Southwest theming. (the Ranchos in particular) I wish the room had a table and chairs instead of a desk. I'd prefer two sinks instead of one. I'm one of those women who would never buy a house with a single sink master bathroom. :lmao:

But I can deal with that if the room is clean and quiet. I'm beginning to worry about "quiet" as a CHEERLEADING group will be there when we are. Oy!

I don't think we will ever eat there, so I'm not concerned about the restaurants. We'll have a car, so if the bus is slow, we'll drive.

I really wanted POR, Mansions side. The Alligator Bayou section is so awful to me, I cannot begin to explain it. I know some people love it. I hate all things rustic, so that might explain it. For those who prefer CSR to POR, what exactly did you dislike about POR that makes you prefer CSR?

Why did we select Casitas? Well, the Ranchos reminds me of the part of the Southwest I don't like, so you'd have to pay me to stay there. The Cabanas aren't bad, but they look like every Caribbean resort I've ever stayed in. I actually think DD would like them, having come along after we stopped going on tropical vacations every year. It would be new to her. I just preferred the look of the Casitas. If it turns out the Casitas are near the cheerleaders, we will be switching to the Cabanas.

Please keep the feedback coming. It has been very helpful. ::yes::

For those who prefer CSR to POR, what exactly did you dislike about POR that makes you prefer CSR?

Please keep the feedback coming. It has been very helpful. ::yes::

Have stayed in all three sections of CSR and both Mansions & Alligator Bayou. CSR is our favorite moderate with a close second being POR. Stayed in a Royal room last year and just loved it. They are both beautiful resorts with the water feature, queen beds with similar setups in the room.

So what are some things about CSR that we think make it better than POR -

1) The pool area of CSR. Beautiful design that I prefer feeling like I am on vacation vs in the woods, the slide is great for older kids and adults, the oversized hot tub means always room to get in, the food availability right there and mostly it's never crowded and there is always plenty of lounges and tables. I travel low season and yet POR has always been a problem for lounges at main pool. Last year in 10 days we only went once because of it.

2) The buses. The bus locations at POR are awkward for many of the rooms and we found ourselves walking forever to get one. If you are on a last stop you might not sit down. We ended up walking to the main building to get on the first stop. The true stop for our room was WAY far away. Buses aren't a deal breaker for me, but when I have a choice, it factors. In CSR we have never had to walk far from our room to get on a bus and head to the parks.

3) The convention aspect is a plus for us. Why? because the resort is quiet and peaceful - during the day they are busy - while the pool, buses etc are less crowded. Having it a convention hotel means everything else is more upscale.

4) Dining Plan. If you are on it then CSR is way beyond the other moderates. The Pepper Market has bigger portions, and better options. It's more expensive but again, if on the Dining Plan, it's a QSDP so a big bonus. The snack/pastry and to go items are better and more varied.

If you have enough time between now and your arrival date, I would check back everyday for availability on the POR. Staying at the resort you want makes a big difference in your overall stay. We just got back from CSR yesterday. Although it was a beautiful resort, it does have the theme throughout that you are not so interested in. The Pepper Market did not work for our family. The bus system worked out great but I did not like the overall "convention" feeling there too.

We love CSR. We always request Cabanas 8A and have stayed there both times. It is a perfect location in our opinion. Our daughters love the Dig Site and main pool, it is very close to the bus stop and the parking lot (we usually drive) and *close enough* to the Main building. (We don't go there very often). The grounds are clean and beautiful. I suppose the rooms could use a little updating but they are clean. We have no complaints. We find it to be a very quiet resort which we love...we go to bed on the early side and are up very early every day for rope drop.

We are staying at POR for this upcoming trip because it is my parents' favorite and they are going too. We are staying at CBR in June only because we don't have a choice as our daughters will be dancing in the parade with Dance the World. Otherwise...we would be back at CSR in a heartbeat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter