Applying for SW Premier and Plus

Hezzy04

DIS Veteran
I have an opportunity to earn 50,000 per card at the moment. I can apply online for the premier card, but have to call to apply for the plus. If I get both, that gives me 100,000 rr points after spending $4,000. Well...I guess technically I would have 104,000.

Anyway....does anyone know....if I want to take advantage and get both cards and all those points....how is it best to apply? Is it best to call and apply for the plus first, then go online and apply for the premier? Or should I do it the opposite way? Does it matter?

Also...I assume I would have to try for both the same day....do you think applying for one then waiting a week or two would make it less likely that I would get accepted for the other?

Just trying to get as much info as I can before applying! I don't generally do a lot of credit cards and rewards programs...but this kind of seems too good to pass up!

I think the best way is to apply on the same day but DH applied online for the Premier first (while we were on a Southwest flight) and then applied a couple of weeks later for the Plus and was approved for both. He has exceptional credit.

I have an opportunity to earn 50,000 per card at the moment. I can apply online for the premier card, but have to call to apply for the plus. If I get both, that gives me 100,000 rr points after spending $4,000. Well...I guess technically I would have 104,000.

Anyway....does anyone know....if I want to take advantage and get both cards and all those points....how is it best to apply? Is it best to call and apply for the plus first, then go online and apply for the premier? Or should I do it the opposite way? Does it matter?

Also...I assume I would have to try for both the same day....do you think applying for one then waiting a week or two would make it less likely that I would get accepted for the other?

Just trying to get as much info as I can before applying! I don't generally do a lot of credit cards and rewards programs...but this kind of seems too good to pass up!
Chase is not going to approve you for both cards if you apply for them in the same day. In fact, even applying in the same week will probably meet with automatic rejection of the second application. Chase is becoming more strict with approvals when it appears that the applicant is applying just for the bonuses.

I suggest that you read some of the travel hacking blogs like ThePointsGuy or MillionMilesSecrets to get a better feel for how to improve the likelihood of being approved for cards with bonus sign ups.

Chase is not going to approve you for both cards if you apply for them in the same day. In fact, even applying in the same week will probably meet with automatic rejection of the second application. Chase is becoming more strict with approvals when it appears that the applicant is applying just for the bonuses.

I suggest that you read some of the travel hacking blogs like ThePointsGuy or MillionMilesSecrets to get a better feel for how to improve the likelihood of being approved for cards with bonus sign ups.
I did not have this experience. I applied for the Plus and Premier and the same day, and I was instantly approved for both. The benefit of this was that I only had a single ding to my credit score, as it was only pulled once. I've helped two family members get this card within the past month or so, and they had the exact same experience - applied for both on the same day, instant approval for both. In all 3 situations the Plus (phone) application was done first and the Premier (online) second, although I have no idea if there is any relevance to that, or if was coincidental.

That being said, I am not full-on disagreeing with you, @Marionnette. I recognize that everyone will not have that experience, and they should not anticipate same-day, instant approval on both cards. I just wanted to offer some data points from my (limited) experience.

I applied for both on the same day with no issues. If you are declined just call the reconsideration line and usually after a few minutes you get approved. if you get up to 110000 RR then you get the companion pass.

How do you apply for the Plus and is it also for 50,000 points? All I can find online is the Premier and the business card.

I also applied for both in the same day...I think I did the Preferred online first, then the call for the Plus.

Anyone know where to find 50K bonus for the Plus card? All I know of is the 50K for the Premier, which I already have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter