• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Appliances to add to packing list

We don't bring our home kitchen pots and pans, small appliances, etc. We have a separate set exclusive for our camp camping and when we get back home I'm just putting things up in storage instead of trying to piece my home back together.
We try to keep a separate inventory for the camper as well. We did have a separate set of pots/pans but they were, well.... Cheap and didn't last long. Unfortunately a descent set of pots/pans can cost a few more dollars than we currently have to spend on them (Because we spend our money on the TRIP itself) so we end up transferring a few things back and forth. Pots and pans and my butcher block of knives mostly. I also won't compromise on a cheap set of knives (it has the steak knives in it too). And again, a good set of knives isn't cheap either. So for us a little bit of extra "Transfer" is okay. I will, eventually have a separate set of both so I don't have to do this. Just not yet.

We try to keep a separate inventory for the camper as well. We did have a separate set of pots/pans but they were, well.... Cheap and didn't last long. Unfortunately a descent set of pots/pans can cost a few more dollars than we currently have to spend on them (Because we spend our money on the TRIP itself) so we end up transferring a few things back and forth. Pots and pans and my butcher block of knives mostly. I also won't compromise on a cheap set of knives (it has the steak knives in it too). And again, a good set of knives isn't cheap either. So for us a little bit of extra "Transfer" is okay. I will, eventually have a separate set of both so I don't have to do this. Just not yet.

Long ago we realized that we only need one fairly deep skillet and one decent sized pot for pretty much all cooking, so we have a dedicated one of each in our camper :)

I hear you on knives. My parents have had these hanging knives for decades and I asked my dad about them, they are Mac brand. Lo and behold I got a set for Christmas that year that I asked about them! They are perfect for in an RV since they hang. Their set came with a wall hanger but I had to make my own out of a strip of wood and some finishing nails at a little bit of an angle.

Here's the set my dad gave me: http://smile.amazon.com/Mac-Knife-S...UTF8&qid=1440438788&sr=1-2&keywords=mac+knife

I love the electric rice cooker. I have also cooked eggs and sausage for breakfast, hamburger or hot dog for lunch, and stir fry for dinner in it. Ours has a non-stick surface and is compact but holds enough for two or three. We like to make the rice while setting up the pop up, then dump a container of take-out Wendy's chili on top for a simple supper on the first night. Another night, we'll make the rice first and put it in tin foil to stay warm, then make a quick stir fry in the rice cooker to go over the rice. Fast and filling.

Another favorite gadget is a travel clothes steamer. If I steam a cleaning cloth with it, I can wipe surfaces clean and disinfect them at the same time. I like gadgets that can multi-task :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter