apples???

kmclark

Earning My Ears
We were at MK over the weekend and for the first time we were asked if we had any apples. They said apples were not allowed but bananas and grapes (the lady in the bag check line beside us had some) and they were okay just can't take apples. Does anyone know why? Not that we take food into the parks, just curious.

Never heard of that rule. The only prohibited items are alcoholic beverages (all parks) and, for the water parks only, anything in glass containers.

"We're they joking around? Like....maybe they didn't want apples bc Snow White was poisoned with an apple?"

Kinda what I was thinking but he seemed to be serious and there was nothing but adults around, no kids. My wife looked at me and I looked at her and we were like what??? Just not sure about this one.

Maybe one of the adults around you had on a shirt that prompted the response. Lots of adults wear Snow White or the evil Queen tees.

Never heard of that rule. The only prohibited items are alcoholic beverages (all parks) and, for the water parks only, anything in glass containers.

When I was going into Epcot, glass containers were prohibited there too. I remember a guy had bottled water that came in a glass container, and he was a little upset when security took it away.

Kinda what I was thinking but he seemed to be serious and there was nothing but adults around
5ce12.jpg

Who else besides adults really know the story of Sleeping Beauty. :thumbsup2

But yes the security hosts have a tedious almost thankless job and will try to insert levity whenever they can.

I can't think of what I have heard they say.

As PP's have said, WDW does not "ban" apples from the park, they are just checking since Snow White has PTSD and they want to give you fair warning.
Has anyone offered Snow White an apple during a M&G?

The running joke I heard last week, from several different CMs, was that you can't let Snow White see your iPhone because she has a thing for apples

Actually glass containers are prohibited in all the parks, not just water parks:
Items not permitted include
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)

But yes the security hosts have a tedious almost thankless job and will try to insert levity whenever they can.

I can't think of what I have heard they say.

We've been behind pepole who take an entire lunch in their bags and the security person will ask "what time is lunch and where will you be eating it? I'll need to schedule my break around that time."

My husband walked in with his Atlanta Braves hat on (with a large A) on the front and the security guard said "Aaaaaayyyyyy" like Fonzie from Happy Days. My husband was fast and said "do you think I"m Potsie?" and the guard smiled and said, "just commenting on your hat" which neither one of us got until we realized the joke.

Other guards will look at my particular shirt and say "excuse me miss but you can't enter since you have Pooh on your shirt". I have seen a couple of people gotten by that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter