Apple Watch

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Considering getting one. Should I? Am looking for a reasonably modern model, not too hung up on getting the latest and best though. Which model would you go for?

Not interested in ever using one. Smartphones already have tiny keyboards that make texting annoying. No idea why I would want something with an even smaller display screen. Just seems like yet another electronic/internet related gadget I can do without. I believe you need it to be connected to an Apple phone to work properly.

Considering getting one. Should I? Am looking for a reasonably modern model, not too hung up on getting the latest and best though. Which model would you go for?
I currently have and love my Apple Watch Series 4 - which I think is from 2018 or so! They're no longer produced so when the time comes I'll upgrade/replace with a newer model - maybe even the 9... I'm pretty sure you can buy them refurbished - and most are probably just returns and never used. My phone and watch are always paired and it so customizable that I freak out when I forget to wear it because I have everything organized.. It's updated regularly and I think it costs me like $5/month to have on my verizon wireless acct.

I believe you need it to be connected to an Apple phone to work properly.
It depends. You can either get a non-cellular version, which you have to connect to your phone in order to get texts and calls, or a cellular version, which you can use without your phone, for example, if you are out jogging you can leave your phone at home and make calls and text directly from the Apple Watch.

I don’t have one, but my sister does. She uses hers a lot on the job, as she works at a hotel and is all over the building during the course of the day. It allows people to get in contact with her without having to carry her phone with her. For that use case, I think they make sense. I also think that the health monitoring can be beneficial for some people.

I haven’t ruled out getting one, but I have a Goofy watch that runs backwards which is my favorite timepiece of the moment, and I don’t really need most of the functions of a smartwatch right now.

if you are out jogging you can leave your phone at home and make calls and text directly from the Apple Watch.

I can't imagine texting from a small wristwatch sized screen. Do you have to use a toothpick to tap out the letters?................LOL.

Series 8 is on sale all over the place right now. Not a big difference between it and the series 9 that just came out. Give it a week and an half and I’m positive Amazon with have it on a deeper discount. Love mine and would immediately replace if something happened to it. I consider it a safety and fitness device above a communication device.

As far as texting on it, that’s what the mic is for. I’ve found it very accurate even in a very loud environment. When in the Parks it makes it so much easier not having to pull out my phone every 10mins.

I had a Series 3 that died while on vacation. I went directly to the Apple Store and bought a Series 8. I love it.

You can text by swyping letters or voice. Works great for me.

I like cellular service on my phone-I think it's an extra $10 on my cellphone plan. I've had my Series 5 since launch-about 4 years ago. I think the battery doesn't last quite as long as it used to, but she's been fantastic for me.

I really like them, I pretty much just mine as a fitness/sleep tracker. It is capable of much more than what I do with it I know. I am on my second one, my old first generation one still worked, but it was just so old it seemed that I was missing out on some desired features (like sleep tracking). I ended up getting a newer SE. I have been very happy with it, it does everything I want. I was also thrilled that my first generation bands fit the newer watch too. (I have this thing about bands, I have like a Rubbermaid container full of them, and I always match the band to my outfit). It takes maybe 5 seconds to change those out. I know there are some pretty high end Apple Watches out there, but the SE suits my needs perfectly.

I love mine, I'm on my second one (I think I had the 2 and now have a 4 or 6, not sure). I love that it automatically connects to my Peloton, that I can wear it in the pool, so easy using it for directions when I'm in NYC, etc. I have the one that has to connect to my phone, not the cellular one. Will definitely be getting the newest one when this one goes.

I just bought a series 8 and so far I like it- I had a fitbit to track my exercise but I accidentally wore it into an MRI last week and it is trash now. But the watch seems great at recording my workouts, walks etc and I like not having to take my phone out of my pocket- can see texts and answer calls right on the watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter