Apple Watch...Tell Me Everything

My favorite app for WDW is Magic Guide on iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch. Here's a neat little trick with the Apple Watch. If you connect your iPhone to WDW WiFi, your watch will connect, too. Then since the Apple Watch can connect to any known WiFi, it will do it even if you do not have your iPhone or have it turned off to save battery. Of course, I'm using a Mophie so I will have lots of battery but my DD13 keeps her iPhone 6 Plus in low power mode because she shoots so many videos. She wears her Apple Watch all the time and tells me the ride times for certain rides.

Ugh....Now I think I might go try to buy an Apple watch before vacation next week. Still haven't made the complete decision to go full in on Apple ecosystem but now that you tell me that I kinda want to go get one. Crazy she can kill that 6+....from everything I've read most ppl say it's nearly impossible to drain it in a day.

My iPhone 6s Plus has a Mophie battery pack on it. Truthfully, very few days do I have to switch it on but if I am using the iPhone for calls a good part of the day, then I will get rather low. I was a BlackBerry man. I had Dell computers, Belkin routers, Roku streaming devices. I went all Apple. I love how it all works together without me having to do anything. I can switch back and forth from the MacBook to the iPad or iPhone seamlessly. Basically, it just works and they last. When I upgraded my DD13's 2007 MacBook to a newer model, we passed that 2007 down to her 7-year-old sister, where it is still in service. That computer is 9 years old and still works.

My iPhone 6s Plus has a Mophie battery pack on it. Truthfully, very few days do I have to switch it on but if I am using the iPhone for calls a good part of the day, then I will get rather low. I was a BlackBerry man. I had Dell computers, Belkin routers, Roku streaming devices. I went all Apple. I love how it all works together without me having to do anything. I can switch back and forth from the MacBook to the iPad or iPhone seamlessly. Basically, it just works and they last. When I upgraded my DD13's 2007 MacBook to a newer model, we passed that 2007 down to her 7-year-old sister, where it is still in service. That computer is 9 years old and still works.

Yeah I've had Android for a lot of years now and I've always found that to just kinda work for me. I had the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, a week with the 6+, and now the SE. I'd say now is a time where iOS feels good enough for me to make the switch full time. The S7 active/edge have me somewhat second guessing though because I'd really like to use Samsung pay and their camera is a little better it seems.

I've spent the last year with a Moto X Pure which is a little smaller than the iPhone plus version and I think I might be over the whole gigantic phone thing. Problem is the regular version of the iPhone the battery life isn't nearly as good as the plus version and you'll get a lesser camera as well. So if I went iPhone I'm still torn on whether I can happily carry around a giant bezeled 5.5" phone, or if it would be better to grab a battery case and a regular version.

I'm not a huge fan of how the Apple watch looks but it's the only option with Apple. I did try out Android wear a little bit with iOS and it really wasn't worth it. But I have a gift card through BB so I think I might get the series 1 version and try it out.

When I first got my Pebble Watch, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I could not figure out how I lived without it. On release day, I got my Apple Watch and the feeling was there again. I switched from BlackBerry to iPhone, I never went through an Android phase. I have had an Android tablet, I didn't like it. My iPad Pro is just better, in my opinion. I love handoff, open something on the iPad and continue it on the MacBook.

What did the two BlackBerry users say to each other last February? Nothing, the network was down again. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

For the earlier poster asking about durability against cracking or scratching.....last night I slammed it into the corner of my granite countertop. My arm felt like it was broken...this was a hard hit. It was directly on the watch and there isn't even a scratch.

The Apple Watch - Sport is harder to crack or break but easier to scratch. The Apple Watch - Stainless Steel is easier to crack or break but harder to scratch.

I received a refund from a private seller on eBay recently, received notification of the refund by email, saw the refund appear in my activity ledger on PP, and it was stuck on pending for like 5 days? But the point is, if a refund has been initiated, PP should reflect the transaction almost immediately even if it takes a few days for the funds to come through.
Ugh:headache:! I just got off the phone with Best Buy. The refund was requested and approved on 9/9, the day I called. They said that everything on their end shows that the refund has been processed. Great....now I get to deal with PayPal and eBay...:badpc: Best Buy refunded my money to PayPal and they haven't forwarded it on to me yet. I'm not sure how long I should give them. It has been 11 days (6 business days) so I think I have been patient.

I got my watch! I ended up changing my mind a bunch of times, so even though I got up at 3AM to pre-order and got a watch delivered to me on release day, I didn't end up keeping it.

After checking the Apple Store App religiously, I saw that the watch I finally decided on - 38mm series 2 silver aluminum with the white band - was in stock nearby! I'm loving it so far...my husband not as much as he has to listen to Minnie tell us the time multiple times per day. :teeth:

Ugh:headache:! I just got off the phone with Best Buy. The refund was requested and approved on 9/9, the day I called. They said that everything on their end shows that the refund has been processed. Great....now I get to deal with PayPal and eBay...:badpc: Best Buy refunded my money to PayPal and they haven't forwarded it on to me yet. I'm not sure how long I should give them. It has been 11 days (6 business days) so I think I have been patient.
I HATE PAYPAL!!!:furious::furious::furious:

I contacted Best Buy (per PayPal's request) and they told me that they have submitted my refund ELEVEN times and each time, they received a "Transaction denied" response from PayPal. I called PayPal with this informatoln and they said that my account is fine and set up to receive payments so "Best Buy needs to contact us and figure out why your transaction is being declined".

So, I called Best Buy back and explained to them what PayPal said....the associate is actually one whom I've spoken with before regarding this issue. She has been so helpful and understanding and she currently has me on hold so she can escalate this to a supervisor. PayPal suggested that I open a dispute.....um...not....I don't have a problem with the SELLER. They have tried ELEVEN times to do their part....PayPal is who I have a dispute with.

I really need a new case for my iPad ($40) and I was hoping to grab a $50 Walgreen's gift card to use up my remaining eBay gift cards while I still can. I was REALLY hoping to get in on the 10% eBucks too, but now, thanks to PayPal, I will miss out on $9 more in eBucks. I'm so frustrated....

Now, the Best Buy associate is setting up a three-way call with PayPal. Let's see how this plays out.....

Now, the Best Buy associate is setting up a three-way call with PayPal. Let's see how this plays out.....

Their response? PayPal says that because I paid with (3) gift cards ($100, $100, and $99.00), they can only refund the FULL amount of one of the gift cards. Supposedly, they can't just return $80 to a card....it has to be $100 or $99. So PayPal is now saying that if Best Buy will not refund $100 (or $99) then there is nothing they an do. Best Buy cannot send an $80 payment to my PayPal account because their system will not allow a direct payment to a personal account. PayPal will not accept a partial refund because I used a gift card.

The wonderful associate from Best Buy was NOT happy with the rep from PayPal. She finally said, "so you cannot allow us to give this young lady her refund?" The PayPal rep basically said, "yes, that is correct.......it's all or nothing". She thanked him for his time and told him he could "drop from the call now and I will handle this myself".

...and she did! She is sending me a BestBuy gift card in the amount of $80:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter