Apple Watch...Tell Me Everything

@kristenrice I love it with the lavender band! That is the color combination I have for my phone (rose gold phone, lavender case) and I may need the matching band!
Actually, it's not a lavender band...it's "stone". When you put them side-by-side (the rose gold 38mm and the rose gold 42mm), you can see that the larger band is more gray than lavender. The pictures don't do it justice. The white was too WHITE...and the lavender was just a shade too purple for me, even though purple is my favorite color. I wanted to keep it as neutral as I could, but I really love that rose gold. It's just neutral enough that it is not too overpowering. Before I made my final decision, I went to the Apple store to see them in person. I am glad I did because I nearly opted for the aluminum case with the white band...and I would have HATED it. Once I saw the watches in person, the only decision I had to make was between the 38mm and 42mm. Honestly, it's only 4mm and it really is the difference between a square face and a rectangular face. When I tried them both on, I didn't notice a difference in the SIZE, just the SHAPE. Then, it was just a matter of which band I preferred and the stone won.

I loved the rose gold stone look too, but sadly the rose gold seemed to clash with my skin so I ended up getting gold off white and have ordered a couple of bands off of amazon :)

Actually, it's not a lavender band...it's "stone". When you put them side-by-side (the rose gold 38mm and the rose gold 42mm), you can see that the larger band is more gray than lavender. The pictures don't do it justice. The white was too WHITE...and the lavender was just a shade too purple for me, even though purple is my favorite color. I wanted to keep it as neutral as I could, but I really love that rose gold. It's just neutral enough that it is not too overpowering. Before I made my final decision, I went to the Apple store to see them in person. I am glad I did because I nearly opted for the aluminum case with the white band...and I would have HATED it. Once I saw the watches in person, the only decision I had to make was between the 38mm and 42mm. Honestly, it's only 4mm and it really is the difference between a square face and a rectangular face. When I tried them both on, I didn't notice a difference in the SIZE, just the SHAPE. Then, it was just a matter of which band I preferred and the stone won.
AH...I see. I know what you're talking about now, I remember seeing the "stone" one too!

I keep changing my mind! ARG!!

FYI - Best Buy is having a sale on the original Apple Watch Sport Smartwatch, $189 for the 38mm and $219 for the 42mm, various colors available. I see Best Buy's eBay store also has Apple Watches at the sale prices, and there is a targeted 6% eBay Bucks offer going on until the end of tomorrow.

@kristenrice and anyone else - If you purchased an Apple Watch from Best Buy or Best Buy's eBay store within the past 15 days, you may want to request a price adjustment to the new price pursuant to their Price Match Guarantee.

Thank you so much for posting this! I just ordered one for my older daughter, :). So now I have her main gift for Christmas done, yeaa! Not going to chance that I could've gotten it cheaper closer to Christmas. I wanted to get her the 38mm space gray one and didn't want to chance that it might sell out.

@kristenrice and anyone else - If you purchased an Apple Watch from Best Buy or Best Buy's eBay store within the past 15 days, you may want to request a price adjustment to the new price pursuant to their Price Match Guarantee.

I just bought mine last week! How wouldn't go about doing this? I bought it via eBay from Best Buy. I didn't get a receipt when I picked it up but I have all of the confirmation emails.

I just bought mine last week! How wouldn't go about doing this? I bought it via eBay from Best Buy. I didn't get a receipt when I picked it up but I have all of the confirmation emails.

Easiest way might be to call Best Buy first. From Best Buy's website: Call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com price match request. Please be prepared to direct our representative to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-w...1e6b6b8964bf99121d90INT&id=pcmcat748300489188

You are still within your return and exchange window (15 days), so you can request a price match against Best Buy's own lower price. They will ask you for your order number (or eBay store equivalent).

Worst case scenario, the CS rep will just recommend you go to a store to return or exchange your watch for a new one at the lower price. I know that can be a hassle backing up your watch, resetting it to factory settings, repackaging everything and going to a store, but Best Buy doesn't charge a restocking fee.

Thank you so much for posting this! I just ordered one for my older daughter, :). So now I have her main gift for Christmas done, yeaa! Not going to chance that I could've gotten it cheaper closer to Christmas. I wanted to get her the 38mm space gray one and didn't want to chance that it might sell out.

Glad you got a deal! We can probably expect to see sales on the new Apple Watch on Black Friday and going into the holidays, but this sale is clearing out the original "first generation" Apple Watches so we may not see these low prices again.

Apple is keeping a variation of the original Apple Watch Sport around as the "Series 1." It's kind of the same as the first generation, but the Series 1 watches will have a faster processor and will cost $269 for the 38mm, and $299 for the 42mm.

I'm upgrading to Series 2 Nike+ edition. Glad I waited on replacing my MIA Garmin. I've found myself using the watch more (I've had it since launch day) and with the new bands over the past 2 years and updates coming with series 2 the watch should fit my needs and wants even more. So my 1st edition silver with Milanese loop will be going up for sale for a steal to help off set the cost of my upgrade.

I got a Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas and really like it, but saw a co-worker's Apple Watch and got a big jones for one and all the additional things it can do. Decided to wait for the 2nd version because of the added GPS.

This morning I got up at 3:00 a.m. ET :sad2: to order so I could get it as soon as possible, but still got put in the backorder queue. Anticipated delivery's 3 Oct for the one I ordered (42mm silver aluminum). I'm going to stop by our Apple Store next week and if I can get one. If so, I'm going to cancel my online order.

Easiest way might be to call Best Buy first. From Best Buy's website: Call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com price match request. Please be prepared to direct our representative to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-w...1e6b6b8964bf99121d90INT&id=pcmcat748300489188

You are still within your return and exchange window (15 days), so you can request a price match against Best Buy's own lower price. They will ask you for your order number (or eBay store equivalent).

Worst case scenario, the CS rep will just recommend you go to a store to return or exchange your watch for a new one at the lower price. I know that can be a hassle backing up your watch, resetting it to factory settings, repackaging everything and going to a store, but Best Buy doesn't charge a restocking fee.
I called and the representative processed the information and told me that I would receive $80 charged back to PayPal, which will take 2-3 business days. My only question is will PayPal put it into my PayPal account or credit it back to the eBay gift cards that I used? I kept them so that's not an issue. Any idea?

I called and the representative processed the information and told me that I would receive $80 charged back to PayPal, which will take 2-3 business days. My only question is will PayPal put it into my PayPal account or credit it back to the eBay gift cards that I used? I kept them so that's not an issue. Any idea?

My guess would be your eBay gift cards but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was a cash refund. Good job on getting $80 back!

I got a Fitbit Charge HR for Christmas and really like it, but saw a co-worker's Apple Watch and got a big jones for one and all the additional things it can do. Decided to wait for the 2nd version because of the added GPS.

This morning I got up at 3:00 a.m. ET :sad2: to order so I could get it as soon as possible, but still got put in the backorder queue. Anticipated delivery's 3 Oct for the one I ordered (42mm silver aluminum). I'm going to stop by our Apple Store next week and if I can get one. If so, I'm going to cancel my online order.

Best Buy is taking pre orders for delivery on release day FYI.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/apple-watch-series-2

That $189 deal on the first Apple Watch was too good to pass up. I got the rose gold with the lavender band and have os3 downloading right now. I can't wait to use it! What apps do ya'll love and find most useful for all things Disney?

My favorite app for WDW is Magic Guide on iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch. Here's a neat little trick with the Apple Watch. If you connect your iPhone to WDW WiFi, your watch will connect, too. Then since the Apple Watch can connect to any known WiFi, it will do it even if you do not have your iPhone or have it turned off to save battery. Of course, I'm using a Mophie so I will have lots of battery but my DD13 keeps her iPhone 6 Plus in low power mode because she shoots so many videos. She wears her Apple Watch all the time and tells me the ride times for certain rides.

My guess would be your eBay gift cards but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was a cash refund. Good job on getting $80 back!

I checked my gift cards today and the $80 has not been credited. I also checked my PayPal account and there has been no activity there either. Does anyone else have experience with this? The only other time I bought a "non-eBay" item with PayPal and returned it, was when I bought something from Eddie Bauer. I returned the item to the store and handed him my PayPal debit card. He simply credited the refund to the account. I know it has only been 4 business days so I need to be patient, but I am trying to plan out my best course of action if this money doesn't show up somewhere. I don't think I need to call Best Buy again since the transaction has already taken place on their end and I am now out of the 15-day window. But the thought of trying to deal with PayPal??:crazy2::drinking:

I checked my gift cards today and the $80 has not been credited. I also checked my PayPal account and there has been no activity there either. Does anyone else have experience with this? The only other time I bought a "non-eBay" item with PayPal and returned it, was when I bought something from Eddie Bauer. I returned the item to the store and handed him my PayPal debit card. He simply credited the refund to the account. I know it has only been 4 business days so I need to be patient, but I am trying to plan out my best course of action if this money doesn't show up somewhere. I don't think I need to call Best Buy again since the transaction has already taken place on their end and I am now out of the 15-day window. But the thought of trying to deal with PayPal??:crazy2::drinking:

You may want to call BB to check on the status of the refund and see if there's anyway to expedite it. When I've received money transfers or refunds through PP, I typically get a notification right away when the transaction is made, even if the funds can be stuck in "pending" for days thereafter. It sounds as if BB hasn't initiated your refund yet.

You may want to call BB to check on the status of the refund and see if there's anyway to expedite it. When I've received money transfers or refunds through PP, I typically get a notification right away when the transaction is made, even if the funds can be stuck in "pending" for days thereafter. It sounds as if BB hasn't initiated your refund yet.
Would the "pending" status show up somewhere if it is being refunded to the eBay gift cards that I used for the purchase?

Would the "pending" status show up somewhere if it is being refunded to the eBay gift cards that I used for the purchase?

I received a refund from a private seller on eBay recently, received notification of the refund by email, saw the refund appear in my activity ledger on PP, and it was stuck on pending for like 5 days? But the point is, if a refund has been initiated, PP should reflect the transaction almost immediately even if it takes a few days for the funds to come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter