Apple Watch for Park Pass

Saad

Mouseketeer
is it possible to use the Apple Watch in place of the magic band? Do we have to click every time we check in somewhere for a lighting lane entrance etc or is it auto detected at the check points if we download the app or feature?

is it possible to use the Apple Watch in place of the magic band? Do we have to click every time we check in somewhere for a lighting lane entrance etc or is it auto detected at the check points if we download the app or feature?
Yes, we used our Apple Watches in place of MBs in March and June. You tap the watch face to the Mickey same as you would a MB. Haven’t used Genie+ LL yet but I know you have to tap at the LL entrance and often at a second tap point. The Watch doesn’t link long distance ride photos, though - you have to allow MDE to access Bluetooth on your phone for that, and we found it didn’t work very well back in June. Maybe it’s better now.

Yep, my wife and I both used our Apple watches almost exclusively two weeks ago instead of our magic bands. (My wife bought a new MB for this trip, and I used one I had from a couple years ago.) We were able to use ours at the tapstiles to get into the parks, and also for the Genie+ LL and the ILL.

You will first have to add your Disney park ticket to the Apple wallet on your watch. When you do, it'll give you a notice indicating Express Mode (I think that's what it's called) will be turned on for that ticket so that it is always "broadcasting" so you won't have to select it to use it like you normally would when using Apple pay. You just tap and go, like you would with a MB. The only thing we couldn't do with our watches was opening the door to our Disney resort room. We had to use our MB or the MDE app on our phones to do that. Oh, and you'll need a MB to get ride photos automatically added. But we didn't have memory maker this trip, so that wasn't an issue for us. Overall it was pretty slick how well the watch worked in place of our MB.

I just set this up for my Aunt and cousins. They are not what you consider as tech savvy individuals. They said it was tough for the first day until they got the hang of it. But once they did, they said it was effortless. I dont think they used it for G+ but just to pay and park entrance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter