• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Apple bees or chilis?

from Canada

Mouseketeer
hello, Im going to cash in for a gift certificate at MyPoints. I am un familiar with either of these 2 restaurants and am looking for some opinions on what each is like. also is either on close to HIFS area (we will have a car). I already have a rainforest cafe cert and thought we'd like to try another family restaurant. Our kids are 5,8,11.
TIA
Karen

I've been to both and prefer, but only slightly, Applebee's. They have a great kids menu and a great dessert menu!

They are both similar restaurants that sell grilled meats mostly. Chili's I would consider more Tex Mex. Check out their menus at www.applebees.com and at www.chilis.com.

There is no Applebees near your hotel. Chilis is on 535 near dt disney, maybe 2 miles from your hotel.Chilis is very good, but expect it to be busy.

I just went to Chilis menu and see they have Kraft macaroni and cheese for kids! (My DDs favorite if you can stand it!! lol) So between that and the location on 535 near HIFS , I gues Im leaning towards cashing in for a gift cert from there. We may still go to Apple bees though , if we can find one!
I LOVE these boards!
Thanks again, Karen

We are Chili's fans all the way. Great burgers and ribs. Southwest eggrolls are to die for! And don't forget to save room for a chocolate shake; it's better than any I've ever had.
You won't regret it!

My kids are 5 and 8 and they love both but Chili's is a little on the spicer side.Kids love the pizza there.It is the size of a regular small pizza so they split one.

All restaurants are going to be different, but I do not like the food at our local Applebee's at all. For this reason, I have never tried any others. However, I have never met a Chili's I didn't like. They have great ribs, chicken fried steak & mashed potatoes and burgers. Their Southwest Chicken Enchilada soup is wonderful also!!!! Ooooooo am I getting hungry now! I would without a doubt go there.

They are similar. The family and I have eaten at both and we like Chili's better. great mudslide desert feeds all 4 of us.

I don't know if other area's of the country are as populated by Chili's as we are in the Dallas/ Ft. WOrth area, but we have them everywhere. I much prefer Chili's to Applebees. I have only eaten at one Applebee's and as someone else mentioned never bothered to try another. They have great burgers, and the Fajita's, Ribs, and CHickern Fried steak are also good.

Chili's is the best!! We ate at an Applebees in MA and were not impressed. Chili's has one of my favorite meals of any restaurant: Chicken Crispers! Plus their desserts are great! :) If you go there, try the Molten Chocolate Cake too. *Yum!*

They have the BEST queso!!!!!!! Hummm..... think dh and I will go tonight after this thread. I'm not really a big fan of Applebee's. Their ribs are about the only thing I will eat there, and compared to any good Memphis BBQ. Their not even in that class. Most of their food seems to taste the same IMO.

OH, don't know what I was thinking great queso and wonderful salsa. The molton cake is good too!!

Queso dip - cheese dip. It contains a mix of cheeses, a blend of tomatos & chili's, ground beef or sausage. Sometimes it's mixed with creams (half & half), cream soups or just chili. It's also not just used for dipping.

:D Yum:D Yum:D

This thread is making me VERY hungry!!
Thanks for all the input guys....
this is the ONLY thread Ive ever started that has received the "red envalope" (15 or more replies)....who would'a thought?
:) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter