Appetizers for dinner

Deviled eggs, crock pot meatballs w bbq sauce and jelly, 7 layer dip, pigs in a blanket.

I make the best egg-rolls. I usually make them for big get togethers but I love it when we have some of the filling left. I will freeze it and pull it out for an appetizer night too. Sometimes I will make up some wonton or hot and sour soup. Sometimes we use random things we have found on a Costco trip, like Mozzarella sticks, Panko shrimp or buffalo bbq wings. We love making Potato Skins too. My husband loves Little Smokeys in BBQ sauce.

Oh and just to add, garlic cheese bread. YUM.

Last edited:

Buffalo chicken dip and rotel cheese dip with sausage or ground beef are our go-to appetizers for meals.

Potato Skins - take small baked potatoes cut in half, scoop out some of the flesh, how much depends on your preference, but enough for the toppings to fit in. Brush with melted butter sprinkle sea salt on them stick back in oven for about 12 - 15 minutes per side. Add shredded sharp cheddar cheese & bacon - melt in oven. Top with sour cream & green onion.

Potato Skins - take small baked potatoes cut in half, scoop out some of the flesh, how much depends on your preference, but enough for the toppings to fit in. Brush with melted butter sprinkle sea salt on them stick back in oven for about 12 - 15 minutes per side. Add shredded sharp cheddar cheese & bacon - melt in oven. Top with sour cream & green onion.

mmm my favorites, now you have me craving them, lol!

I eat Trader Joe's mini tacos all the time for meals. I bake them up, cover them in cheese and salsa and they are like the best nachos ever.

I also like potstickers and egg rolls as a meal.

I've done that before and I usually just go to the store and buy a bunch of freezer appetizer options; our favorites are the Friday's loaded potato skins, jalepeno poppers, soft pretzels, and onion rings and mini corn dogs. The only appetizers I will make on my own is these mini bagels that are baked with mayo, cheese, and bacon (so fatty and delicious!) and fried zucchini.

Another favotite meal that follows that theme is I will drive around and get everyone's favorite fast food menu items to make a mix and match meal. For example, my son and I prefer Wendy's fries so we will get fries there, along with curly fries from Arby's, nuggets from Burger King, burgers from Five Guys, icees from speedway, ice cream sundaes from McDonald's, or some variation of all that. Then we all share the fast food smorgasbord.

Some of the favorites I can recall off hand are nachos, pigs in a blanket, philly cheesteak dip, buffalo chicken dip and pizza/calzones/Stromboli.

cheese, fruit, crackers, chacuterie board and a bottle of good wine.

My quick and easy - a block of cream cheese on a plate, pour salsa over. Use wheat thins to scoop up.

And, of course, the infamous veggie assortment with dip.

cheese, fruit, crackers, chacuterie board and a bottle of good wine.
This is typical for us on a Sunday evening, we talk about the weekend and the week ahead, just a nice relaxing time. I'm not a huge fan of the deep fried, greasy appetizers.

We had an appetizer party last weekend...naan bread pizzas cut up into triangles - one with pesto base and another with tomato base, spinach and artichoke dip, nachos, onion rings, mini quiches, spring rolls (from Costco) and hummus and crackers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter