Apparently it is stealing now to park at Springs to take a bus to the resorts?

Is there a policy somewhere that states Disney does not approve of this? I know its the case regarding the parks, but everything I have seen is specific to the parks.
There is seldom anything in writing about this kind of thing.

There is seldom anything in writing about this kind of thing.
Aren't there signs at the Contemporary saying there is no theme park parking? I know they had them at one time.

Also, the phrasing of the resort parking in general is it is complimentary to day guests visiting the resort. So at least the implication is it is not there so you can park and do other things.

But the Disney Springs parking info just says:

"Standard self-parking is complimentary at the Disney Springs area." There is no "for guests enjoying Disney Springs" added to the end like there is with the resorts

It's not like Disney doesn't like putting it's policies in writing. On the contrary, if they want to ban something, like selfie sticks or stroller wagons, they specifically ban them. With parking, its not like they wouldn't have considered all of the scenarios. So if it is not in their policies, nor are there any signs, I don't see how we can assume they have a problem with it. I guess we could ask a CM, but chances are we would get different answers depending on who we ask, as is always the case when the policies are unclear.

Certainly I wouldn't chastise someone else for doing it if Disney themselves doesn't care enough to even state they don't want them doing it.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I'm not 100% convinced that someone using this strategy would be confronted at the Pearly Gates by Saint Peter, pointing out that when you parked at DS and took a bus to a resort you were actually violating the Eighth Commandment and would therefore be denied entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven. But I guess to be on the safe side any Catholics who have done this may want to mention it to the priest at their next Confession, in order to obtain absolution.

To the parks but did you read the initial post?
This is about going to a resort.
You can't go to another resort from SSR so their buses have zero impact from what is being discussed in this thread
I did read the initial post. But instead of using a bus for the parks, people want to bus over to a skyliner resort.

I commented on someone’s post in a Disney Facebook group, who was asking how to park at a Disney resort, so they could eat at a quick service and ride the Skyliner.

Since they don’t let you park at resorts anymore unless you have a dining reservation, I suggested that they park at Springs, and take a bus over. One of the moderators in the group, deleted my comment and messaged me to tell me that “that’s stealing” and I would be removed from the group. The moderator told the OP that they should pay to park at the parks, and then bus to the resorts.

This seems absolutely insane to me. What do y’all think?
Yes paying to park at a park to bus to a resort is totally INSANE. That's a good example of someone thinking they have power but choosing to not use their brain.

Seeing how riding the bus is free I am not sure who or what that is "stealing" from.
Disney themselves says their buses are available for all to use, not just park or resort guests. Any and all.
I'd say, that's a group you are good to have been booted from. Who needs advice from folks like that?
Exactly...that "mod" is lying- and doing it from the perception of an "expert" or someone in power and taking advantage of ppl. who don't know any better or who blindly trust what this "leader/expert" is telling them, which makes it even worse...there's a name for that. Certainly not someone to trust or want to get advice from.

Exactly...that "mod" is lying- and doing it from the perception of an "expert" or someone in power and taking advantage of ppl. who don't know any better or who blindly trust what this "leader/expert" is telling them, which makes it even worse...there's a name for that. Certainly not someone to trust or want to get advice from.
To be honest, I’m kind of glad I was removed from the group if that’s how petty they are. :rolleyes1

I commented on someone’s post in a Disney Facebook group, who was asking how to park at a Disney resort, so they could eat at a quick service and ride the Skyliner.

Since they don’t let you park at resorts anymore unless you have a dining reservation, I suggested that they park at Springs, and take a bus over. One of the moderators in the group, deleted my comment and messaged me to tell me that “that’s stealing” and I would be removed from the group. The moderator told the OP that they should pay to park at the parks, and then bus to the resorts.

This seems absolutely insane to me. What do y’all think?
Has this changed? in the last year I've been able to pull up to the guard shack at the Poly and say I wanted to eat at Captain Cooks and have been allowed in.

That is highly variable. It really depends on what guard feels like at the time. Luck of the draw.
Last time we parked at a resort that we weren't staying at, the guard asked if we were staying on Disney property and wanted to scan a MB. I got the impression that he was allowing anyone staying on Disney property to park there but would turn away offsite guests.

Last time we parked at a resort that we weren't staying at, the guard asked if we were staying on Disney property and wanted to scan a MB. I got the impression that he was allowing anyone staying on Disney property to park there but would turn away offsite guests.
Or he was going to charge the 25 dollar parking fee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter