App to filter language? iphone recommendation

lovedisney123

DIS Veteran
I do not like seeing profanity in texts. Not everyone I know feels the same way and uses it freely. Is there an app for iphones that will filter out profanity in text so it is just a blank or something like that? Thanks!

I am surprised there isn't a filter built into the phone. Profanity doesn't offend me so I have never looked into it.

I would look at apps designed for parents / kids. Some kid of "net nanny" for the iPhone.

You can use text replacements (an option in Settings, at least in iOS), but I think that might be for things you type, not receive.

Thanks, I was just hoping something could 'bleep' it out for me. And just normal texts don't have it, but some people just don't understand that I don't want to see it and use it as adjectives quite a bit.

Thanks, I was just hoping something could 'bleep' it out for me. And just normal texts don't have it, but some people just don't understand that I don't want to see it and use it as adjectives quite a bit.

Block them, and tell them why. You shouldn't have to be subjected to casual use of language that you find offensive. They either clean up their acts or learn to call when they want to speak to you.

^^ I agree, phones have a feature where you can block numbers. Tell the person you find his/her text language offensive and inappropriate. If they don't change their behavior, then block their number and perhaps they will get the message.

people texting you are usually people you know. Why are people you know, texting you profanity? Block them. They're not your friends

Thanks everyone. It seems as this is not an available option. I have told the person I do not like it. To them, it is just how they talk. I don't want to get into further with them. There are bigger issues to deal with. I am just someone who really does not like it and would like it to be blanked out on my incoming texts when they decide to use these words as adjectives. But I will just deal with it. Maybe someone will create an app for this eventually. Thank you everyone for the information. Have a magical day :)

One thought. Maybe send a quick message/email to Apple. Telling them you would like a filter for incoming messages. You can't be the only one who would use this.

I would think I’m not the only one that’s curious to know what is this offensive word? Is it the F word? I know that it’s used as a noun,verb, adjective and offensive and in funny ways??

Language doesn’t bother me unless used. in a direct offensive manner to be purposly offend me that’s different but a word is just a word.

Thanks everyone. It seems as this is not an available option. I have told the person I do not like it. To them, it is just how they talk. I don't want to get into further with them. There are bigger issues to deal with. I am just someone who really does not like it and would like it to be blanked out on my incoming texts when they decide to use these words as adjectives. But I will just deal with it. Maybe someone will create an app for this eventually. Thank you everyone for the information. Have a magical day :)

Try to hang in there.

I would think I’m not the only one that’s curious to know what is this offensive word? Is it the F word? I know that it’s used as a noun,verb, adjective and offensive and in funny ways??

Language doesn’t bother me unless used. in a direct offensive manner to be purposely offend me that’s different but a word is just a word.

Yes, and I totally understand it is used commonly now in many different forms. I also understand in todays culture it is used freely. I am from a different era, and when I see or hear it, the rest of the message is over shadowed by the fact that I do not want to hear/see that word. It would just be nice if it could be blanked out. Seemed like there may have been an app for that...maybe one day. Honestly before texting I didn't hear this person say it so much. They seem to like to use it for emphasis in texting. To apply it as an adjective to make something more intense I suppose. Anyway, just wondered if there was an app. Thanks everyone!

I googled and didn't find anything that was well established. And I did tell the person. I till try talking to them again. I just thought if there was a filter then I wouldn't have to see it and they could still communicate in the way that helps them vent. I suppose I also need to work on tolerance. I would just prefer things to be different. But in the end, the main thing for me is to be there for this person and help them when they are going through a hard time. Thanks again everyone.

Weird that the texter is ignoring you. When I text a curse, nearly every time, Apple tries to make it into another word. I have to try again and again: I think it's because they think I am making a mistake and they are trying to help me. But I'm not.

Point being: it probably takes extra effort for this person to send curses. Explain that his/her life would be less stressful if they didn't text you these words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter