App question for largish party

bruinred

Earning My Ears
We are visiting in January. There will be six of us; my husband and our four kids (well3 and one girlfriend) who are all adults. Do you find it best for everything to be on one persons phone? Or should everyone had downloaded the app?

We are visiting in January. There will be six of us; my husband and our four kids (well3 and one girlfriend) who are all adults. Do you find it best for everything to be on one persons phone? Or should everyone had downloaded the app?
Kind of depends on how you plan to tackle the parks. And as far as phone use I presume you mean booking G+ LL, ordering food or checking waits? If you will be together the whole time and ride a lot of the same stuff or rather want to be responsible for booking everyone, then one phone is fine. It's nice to have an extra person that can do stuff too, they don't even have to have their own MDE, they can login as you and do all the same things, like order food, book LLs, buy ILL$, pay for G+ etc. So long as you don't mind someone having the ability to pay for things with your card in the app, it's not a big deal. If you plan to divide and conquer, then those folks we'll need MDE on their phones and know how to do the basics.

ETA- our kids are teenagers and if/when they go off on their own, they are logged in as me, it's just easier since I have a CC in my app. It also helps so I can see the "my plans" page and know what G+ plans they may have and vice versa. And I can see all the money they spend on mobile order ;0

With adults, I would say it is easier in the long run for everyone to have their own MDE accounts and have them linked. That way each person can use mobile ordering and the mobile pay (shopping) if they want.
It can be a bit of a headache to get all the accounts set up and linked.

My family did a combination of both in March, and it was fine. The main thing is making sure that everyone is linked together in advance, and each person is only listed once.

I don't expect my husband to ever have his own MDE account. My parents each have their own, and its more trouble than its worth. My Mom is never going to log into her account during a trip, neither is my husband.
I think my sister made her 14 yo his own, which is ridiculous, because he's nonverbal. I think she just got overexcited, but it meant she had to log in to a second account in order to approve every single connection. There were 19 people in play in March (originally) so there was a lot of mucking it all out before the trip.

In any case, just make sure everyone is only listed once, and all their "reservations" are linked to the same account. You can call (or maybe even do a chat) to get it sorted, if it gets mucked up, but it's easier to do everything "right" the first time.

We had 7, 2 different accounts but all listed in F&F. Easily got VQs both mornings. Once they were successful, once us. We had 4 people trying on the 2 accounts. Group 6 both times - one for each VQ.

We had a group of 7 on 2 accounts just link the 2 accounts and make sure you can make reservations for other account or however many accounts you want. You can have one account with multiple people signed in as well for one family or more if you want. We use my account and have 3 signed on at the same time never had an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter