• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

App check in questions

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
My 30 days will come up later this month and I was wondering about the check in process in the app.
Normally, I would do this on a computer but I will be out when our check in starts and not have access my laptop.

Some questions:
1. What is the max file size and dimensions for uploading passport and passenger photos? I want to make sure they're the right size before I start.
2. Are regular glasses OK for the passenger photo or do you have to take them off?
3. The people in my stateroom have different outbound flights and hotel plans. Can I just skip that section or will I have to have to input it individually?
4. It seems like the Royal Gathering reservations open up at the same time. Should I prioritize the Royal Gathering or the online check in to get the port arrival time?

I don’t know about file size or glasses.

3. I do know that you can simply list all passengers as driving to and from the port, then go back later (even days or weeks later) to add their actual travel plans.

4. Whether to prioritize Royal Gathering or port arrival time is a personal preference. If my family really wanted Royal Gathering, I would be willing to have a port arrival time 15 minutes later to ensure I could book it.

Someone else maybe can confirm, but when I would hit SAVE, it didn’t automatically go to next screen. So I wasted so much time repeating the same step! Also try doing the pics needing to be uploaded from your phone then move to a computer for the rest. Good luck!

I took pics on my phone, then transferred it to my computer and uploaded them that way during online check in.
my selfie pic that I used was 2208x2944. 1.77MB. I wore my regular glasses in it.
For my cruise, the online check in was running VERY slow, and crashed a few times. I used that time to book the Royal Gathering and then tried to resume online check in. Still ended up with an 11:15 PAT.

We removed our glasses. I thought I read somewhere that we needed to but can't be sure.

If you really want to book the Royal Gathering, do that first as it fills up quickly. Also, do it at 12 a.m. eastern time when it'll be your 30 days before the cruise. My wife and I worked together on this, she would input the online check-in items as I was booking the Royal Gathering, Pixar character breakfast, and the Pixar encounters for our cruise that just past last month. I was using the DCL app, while she used a laptop.

I used this from another post -

Preparation:
1. have downloaded to your device 1) a clean headshot of each person (straight on, no eyeglasses, hats or hair accessories, shoulders included, cannot be the same as passport photo), low resolution and 2) passport photo. Must be JPEG file!
2. a document with each passenger's birthdate, address, cell phone, email address, passport number, passport expiration, safe word for kids club, emergency contact name, emergency contact phone number, credit card information
3. Flight information for all legs -- date, airline, airport from, airport to, confirmation number/record locator number, flight number, time departure, time arrival
For speed:
1. Upload photo and if it says it doesn't meet the criteria, click SAVE and move on. Deal with it after you get your PAT.
2. For Onboard account, select Cash to get through it quickly
3. For Travel Plans, select Driving to get through it quickly. I just used home address for the return.
4. Finish each stateroom then go back and fix photo, add credit card, add flight information.
You can change PAT times, so keep checking to see if any better ones become available closer to the cruise.

We removed our glasses. I thought I read somewhere that we needed to but can't be sure.
My parents did as well (I don't wear glasses), as I thought I read they needed to. Maybe it was unnecessary but it did avoid any extra stress of photos potentially not getting approved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter