APH Hotel prices 2023?

daraus

Earning My Ears
I have been looking at several weeks starting in JAN through MAY. The prices are crazy high.Never seen the rates this high.

I booked HRH for a night in early January for 291.

May dates in May 14 to 21st HRH-$511 RPR-$453 PBR-$545. I've never seen it this high.
First week in April all premier are over $800 per night. Are ppl ok with these rates?

May dates in May 14 to 21st HRH-$511 RPR-$453 PBR-$545. I've never seen it this high.
First week in April all premier are over $800 per night. Are ppl ok with these rates?
Not those I know lol

There is a date & rate thread here for reference purposes

Think of them as placeholder reservations, prices will likely adjust

Typically if u r booking 3 or 4 nights shoukd at least see a discounted rate option for the longer stay if nothing else SMSM/savvy traveler
Or whatever it’s called now

FYI My recent 4 nights at that rate for 2weeks ago beat the APH rate that was released later

That

I have found that the savvy traveler rate I booked over the summer for January 2023 ( 2 queens, water view) at PB is lower than the AP rates that have come out for a standard 2 queen for those dates. For four people with express passes, it is still okay but almost double what we paid in 2021.

What many WDW folks don’t realize is U Loews runs their pricing differently than WDW

It’s not where they set a rack rate like WDW & it’s carved in stone, reduced by various sale prices targeted to Specific guests (APH & their branded CC thru chase)

Loews sets a placeholder price (typically in the past) quite high, then it ebbs & wanes.

This year was a bit different with ‘revenge travel’ and many new disgruntled WDW regulars…whatever occupancy matrix was reached early this year.

Accordingly, initial rack rates jumped substantially higher & faster than typical patterns. Remains to be seen if ‘the market stabilizes’

Any discounts that do roll out, are reflected off ‘the then’ rack rate

Bottom line, if you find a cancellable rate you can live with, book it and monitor it

If u do jump resorts tho after finding a great rate, you do need to cancel the first entirely & rebook a new reservation

My spring 2023 trip is going to be a Disney/Universal combination. I had booked 5 nights at Aventura but cancelled it. I will need a rental car for part of the trip, so I went offsite to a Marriott property using the stay 5 nights, get 1 night free with points. Free parking and free breakfast there. With my preferred AP I will get early entry and free parking at Universal garage.

Agree that savvy traveler is the safest bet for "good" rates. I had that booked at RPH for our February trip, and then when the AP rates dropped I panicked and started reserving what I could get, figuring I'd stitch it together. Honestly? It was a bad idea. We now have AP rates for 3/4 nights, but the rack rate for that 4th night jumped and it almost washes out any savings on the AP rates. On top of that, I had to pay deposits for each individual reservation (rather than one night and save for the rest), and I *also* need to call the hotel and hope they can make sure we can remain in one room for the duration.

In the end, we saved $140 (total) on two rooms, but I'm not sure it's worth all the hassle and up front cost we just absorbed.

Also, I think the AP rates are still really good if you're not staying at a premier resort. We also booked an AP rate for the full stay at SF (because I am indecisive) and I'm now trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$$$ for the express passes. I'd say no, except we are bringing two grannies along and I think it'll be nicer for them to have shorter waits (both in line themselves, and when they are waiting for us). It'ss February but it's also Mardi Gras. Hard to know.

I know rack rates REALLY jumped up in the past year :(
We are 1st timers going to UOR in May 2023. Those are the prices that were listed when we were booking. Less than a Disney Deluxe, but way more than a moderate. I've been hearing about how affordable UOR is and then I saw these prices! We are only staying 2 nights so we won't get a "longer stay" discount. We don't have AP - do they offer any other discounts besides that one?

Looks like 2023 AP rates are up to week before Mardi Gras. I wonder when they will release after that?

Nov 7-9 Royal Pacific @ $287/night (AP Rate).
Jan 16-20 Club Level at Portofino Bay @ $395/night (AP rate).

Hoping for more attractive rates for April 19-23 trip
Your AP rate at PBR is the same rate that we have for our late November trip. Very reasonable I thought, especially when you factor in the free express pass and then compare it to Disney's CL room pricing. We absolutely love PBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter