Apart from this , what do you do in your free time?

Today's agenda --

Already got out at 2:32AM for a 39.39 mile bicycle ride
Back home I put garbage out
Just vacuumed carpets since DW is out right now walking 3 miles with 83yo neighbor
When DW returns I will do a load of wash
Do some food shopping
Later fix dinner and clean-up
After dinner DW has her 1st Tuesday of the Month Girl Scout meeting and I will hopefully install a bird bath in the Memorial Garden Area the church has that lets her hold her meetings. Will check the benches also to be installed by me very soon. NOTE-Her Troops (she has 40 girls in 2 Troops) donated the benches and bird bath and they also maintain the garden. Likely other stuff will pop up.

DW takes care of bills, insurance, registrations, keeping track of all medical and trips, also now Hurricane Ian repairs so basically all the $$$$ stuff (brain power) and I do the rest (weak muscle power). :teeth:

Last edited:
Play Hay Day on my iPad, now that the weather is starting to get nicer I love sitting on our porch or deck reading and sipping coffee, listening to music, watch movies, take walks.

Oops, senior moment…didn’t realize I had posted on this one already☺️

Usually I love doing needlework and crochet/knitting but I haven't had time for any of that because lately I've been packing, we have accumulated a shocking amount of useless crap over the last few years living here!
I also do crocheting and quilting. You do accumulate alot of "stuff" over the years. I am currently trying to get rid of all the unused, unwanted stuff in the house. It's quite a job, but I get about one or 2 bags to take to charities a week, so far:) I like to crochet while watching or listening to a show on TV.

I have hobbies that come and go, but a constant has been crocheting. I love to crochet. I also do jigsaw puzzles, read a *lot,* create things for The Sims to share with my friends in that world, and I love to cook. I watch TV at night in bed. I usually have my earbuds in during the day when I'm on the computer; I love music.
Bluestarryhat, I knew we must like the same things, as I usually "like" your posts to death, LOL.
I have been crocheting since I was in my 20's and started up again a few years ago. What do you usually crochet? I am making baby blankets for future great grandkids. I also quilt and have made baby quilts for all the grands. I used to hate puzzles, but I tried my husbands puzzle one time and got hooked. Now I think I have more Charles Wysocki puzzles than the store does. I find that I am a puzzle snob and only do Wysocki puzzles, LOL.
The thing I don't like to do is cook, but I love to bake, which is not good for the waistline. Anyway, just had to share:)

Bluestarryhat, I knew we must like the same things, as I usually "like" your posts to death, LOL.
I have been crocheting since I was in my 20's and started up again a few years ago. What do you usually crochet? :)
I make blankets, and stuff like shawls and baby clothes mostly. I used to make historically accurate ensembles for Barbie dolls using size 10 crochet cotton but I have the eyesight of a mole now so I had to give that up. I learned to crochet when I was about 19 or 20. My great-aunt Gloria taught me by standing behind me to show me the stitches because I'm left-handed. I buy so much yarn to put away for 'someday.' I would crochet 24-7 if I could.

I made this blanket for a cousin's baby:
XVLmrB.jpg

Besides the usual household chores, shopping, errands? Babysit the grandchildren, attend an endurance and strengthening class at the gym, walking every time we get a chance. Hopefully some gardening soon.

Drive my classic car.
Listen to music.
Work in the yard
Travel.

I make blankets, and stuff like shawls and baby clothes mostly. I used to make historically accurate ensembles for Barbie dolls using size 10 crochet cotton but I have the eyesight of a mole now so I had to give that up. I learned to crochet when I was about 19 or 20. My great-aunt Gloria taught me by standing behind me to show me the stitches because I'm left-handed. I buy so much yarn to put away for 'someday.' I would crochet 24-7 if I could.

I made this blanket for a cousin's baby:
XVLmrB.jpg
That blanket is just beautiful! My Mom tried to teach me but she's left handed, so I had to teach myself, LOL.
I can't do the little stuff now either, but have arthritis in the hands so can't hold the little hooks easily. Crocheters Unite! It is a fun, relaxing, and rewarding hobby isn't it?

That blanket is just beautiful! My Mom tried to teach me but she's left handed, so I had to teach myself, LOL.
I can't do the little stuff now either, but have arthritis in the hands so can't hold the little hooks easily. Crocheters Unite! It is a fun, relaxing, and rewarding hobby isn't it?
Thanks! It is a fun hobby. If I'm crocheting a blanket with a repetitive pattern I find it very soothing and relaxing. It focuses my mind. Something more challenging, where I have to count stitches I love as well. Family always look at the instructions when I'm working, and then they ask me how I can understand it. To me, it's easy but I can see where it might look like a foreign language to a non crocheter.

I also do crocheting and quilting. You do accumulate alot of "stuff" over the years. I am currently trying to get rid of all the unused, unwanted stuff in the house. It's quite a job, but I get about one or 2 bags to take to charities a week, so far:) I like to crochet while watching or listening to a show on TV.
I do the same, put on a show I like and crochet or sew. I've been limiting myself to just mending recently because I don't want to start any new projects that I will have to pack up to move. I put new ear loops on most of our face masks over the last couple weeks and I fixed a couple socks and a sweater because focusing on making small, perfect stitches de-stresses me like nothing else can! Can't wait until I can start doing projects again. What kinds of projects do you do with your crocheting and quilting?

I’m retired. I love racquet sports so I play tennis, pickle ball, paddle tennis throughout the year, I go to Pilate classes 3 or 4 times a week. I have a disabled adult daughter so I spend time taking her to her various activities, I’m on the board of a not for profit and on a couple c9mmittees so that takes up some time. And I meet friends for coffee, lunch, walks etc. I do projects around the house. We travel a few times a year. I don’t really have hobbies but I like to read and binge on Netflix or huLu from time to time. I consider myself blessed that I have the resources and time to pretty much do what I want.

Besides working and all that pet care and cleaning I’m hanging out on Instagram keeping up with my friends and watching horse racing !!! ❤️❤️❤️ then I read for hours on end because I can’t sleep !!

I do the same, put on a show I like and crochet or sew. I've been limiting myself to just mending recently because I don't want to start any new projects that I will have to pack up to move. I put new ear loops on most of our face masks over the last couple weeks and I fixed a couple socks and a sweater because focusing on making small, perfect stitches de-stresses me like nothing else can! Can't wait until I can start doing projects again. What kinds of projects do you do with your crocheting and quilting?
I am doing baby receiving blankets in crochet for future great grandchildren. A friend gave me that idea and I have started doing this. If I am not around or can't crochet anymore, at least the great grands will have something from me:) I also quilt baby blankets for the crib which is a lot of fun to do. So far I have 3 quilted and 4 crocheted. My lis at least 6 in total.
I do quilting and recently made a Big bed quilt with all my "scraps" and fabrics, and a valance for the window. I will slow down on all that while we are finally having summer like weather.

I listen to true crime podcasts and make handmade greeting cards. In fact I usually listen to the podcast while I am making cards. I also have learned to love walking and slowing becoming a jogger. Again I usually listen to the true crime podcast while walking, which makes me hyper alert to what is going on around me LOL

I am doing baby receiving blankets in crochet for future great grandchildren. A friend gave me that idea and I have started doing this. If I am not around or can't crochet anymore, at least the great grands will have something from me:) I also quilt baby blankets for the crib which is a lot of fun to do. So far I have 3 quilted and 4 crocheted. My lis at least 6 in total.
I do quilting and recently made a Big bed quilt with all my "scraps" and fabrics, and a valance for the window. I will slow down on all that while we are finally having summer like weather.
I love the idea of making the blankets as family heirlooms! That's awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter