apart from coronavirus , have you ever been told by higher authorities to stay at home?

Several months ago, there was a hazardous material spill where nearby residents were told to either evacuate, or shelter-in-place turning off all fans, a/c or heaters, & to keep all windows and doors closed.

Original order was to evacuate many square miles, triggered an emergency alert, and breaking news alerts on tv but within an hour it had changed to a shelter-in-place order for most of the area, except for the few very close homes or businesses & schools. Evacuation involving schools is a mess… 😒

Active shooter situations on college campuses, which have unfortunately become more common in recent years, so yes 😕

Yes. Living on the Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah during the 70's.

During the summer months the US Govt would spray for mosquitos and would drive around the base instructing everyone to stay indoors while they sprayed. It was the most vile smelling crap that would still permeate the house even with the all the windows and door being shut.

Makes me wonder sometimes what was actually in that bug spray.....

Yep. Active shooters, air hazards due to wildfire, and when we get bad winter weather they ask folk to stay home. I know the latter probably sounds odd, but our city doesn’t have many plows and we don’t salt the roads here. We get a fair amount of freezing rain. Our snow is mostly wet too, not powdery, and it’s hilly here. If it doesn’t melt right away it freezes overnight and gets slick, especially in the shade, and we have tons of trees everywhere. Cars aren’t built to drive on melty sheets of ice, but everyone thinks they’re excellent drivers who can make up for that. Knowing how to pull out of a slide doesn’t matter if you don’t have room to maneuver…. Again, the fewer cars in it the better!

Snow Storms. DH was caught on the Turnpike during a state issued ban. Luckily State Police just directed him off the roadway and he was close enough to home to make it back without having to use a state road.

There was a Level 3 snow emergency during college. There was about an inch of ice before it switched to snow.

Our city was hit by massive, catastrophic flooding in 2013. A local state-of-emergency was declared and there were simultaneous evacuation (get out) and avoid all travel (stay home) orders in place, depending on where you were located. Two CRAZY days no one will ever forget. :scared:

Yes, for enormous snowstorms.

Mother ordered me to stay home many times when I was a teen. She was only 5'2" but I was never stupid enough to cross that lady!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter