AP with park reservations for this week - how do Good to Go days affect my park entry?

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi, all, I recently purchased a new AP and am flying down on Tuesday for a week’s visit. Staying at a DVC resort. A few weeks ago I made park reservations for all 8 days. I now see that many of those dates are Good-to-Go days. Do I need to cancel the park reservations?

I only ask because last year I also had an AP and had made reservations - and on the good-to-go days I had issues with park entry a few times. My travel party has multi-day passes so I just don’t want to be holding them up 😬

Many thanks!

There were no good to go days last year, didn't start until 2024.

I think how it's supposed to work is if you have a park reservation and a good to go day happens after you made your reservation, the reservation is removed and you have it available to use for another of your days. If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can make reservations for the length of your stay but if you aren't, you can only make x amount of them per week (I think it's 5). So if you weren't staying at a Disney resort and had a 6 day trip but were only able to make 5 days worth of reservations and a good to go day popped in on a day you already had a reservation, that reservation would be removed and you could now make another one for that last day of your trip. Does that make sense?

Disney stated that if you have a park reservation and it ends up being a Good to Go Day that your park reservation would still show in the MDE but you were not bound to go start at that park. So basically you can go to any of the parks, but the reservation still shows.

ETA: Last year they were called bonus reservations and you still had to make them if the park was a "bonus" it just didn't count against your allotment.

Last edited:
I only ask because last year I also had an AP and had made reservations - and on the good-to-go days I had issues with park entry a few times. My travel party has multi-day passes so I just don’t want to be holding them up 😬

Many thanks!
I remember seeing the good-to-go days last year as well. I still made park reservations for those days and didn't have an issue with park entry. Was your delay specifically related to the unnecessary park reservation? Or did you make reservation for one park and show up at another? Just curious.

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question since I haven't been back to WDW this year. On our next trip, I'm still planning to do park reservations regardless of "good" or "no good to go". I'll modify the reservation should we decide to go to a different park.

I remember seeing the good-to-go days last year as well. I still made park reservations for those days and didn't have an issue with park entry. Was your delay specifically related to the unnecessary park reservation? Or did you make reservation for one park and show up at another? Just curious.

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question since I haven't been back to WDW this year. On our next trip, I'm still planning to do park reservations regardless of "good" or "no good to go". I'll modify the reservation should we decide to go to a different park.

Thanks for confirming my memory on this! To be honest I can’t remember exactly what the issue was. But we were staying at Boardwalk and I and 2 of my family members (who also had APs) had some sort of issue. It might have been about park entry (or park hopping?) or perhaps it had to do with the app not letting us change our park reservation “day of”. But it definitely had an impact, and we had to go to GS at International Gateway at least 3 times on the days that this happened and they just fixed the problem - said it was a known “glitch” with the Bonus days for AP’s staying at resorts.

Wasn’t a huge deal, but was certainly an annoyance having to take the time to go to GS on 3 different days. Hopefully they’ve sorted that all out since then ☺️

Disney stated that if you have a park reservation and it ends up being a Good to Go Day that your park reservation would still show in the MDE but you were not bound to go start at that park. So basically you can go to any of the parks, but the reservation still shows.

ETA: Last year they were called bonus reservations and you still had to make them if the park was a "bonus" it just didn't count against your allotment.

Ah, thanks for clarifying the terminology!

Thanks for confirming my memory on this! To be honest I can’t remember exactly what the issue was. But we were staying at Boardwalk and I and 2 of my family members (who also had APs) had some sort of issue. It might have been about park entry (or park hopping?) or perhaps it had to do with the app not letting us change our park reservation “day of”. But it definitely had an impact, and we had to go to GS at International Gateway at least 3 times on the days that this happened and they just fixed the problem - said it was a known “glitch” with the Bonus days for AP’s staying at resorts.

Wasn’t a huge deal, but was certainly an annoyance having to take the time to go to GS on 3 different days. Hopefully they’ve sorted that all out since then ☺️
From what I can remember (we are APs who stay on site also) if a park was a Bonus Pass you couldn't modify your park reservation to that park you had to actually cancel the existing park reservation and rebook the bonus day. You also couldn't modify from a bonus pass to another park without cancelling first.

All that said, it shouldn't matter now. As long as Disney's IT is in sync with what was announced even if you have a park pass on a Good to Go Day you should be able to start at any park without an issue.

From what I can remember (we are APs who stay on site also) if a park was a Bonus Pass you couldn't modify your park reservation to that park you had to actually cancel the existing park reservation and rebook the bonus day. You also couldn't modify from a bonus pass to another park without cancelling first.

All that said, it shouldn't matter now. As long as Disney's IT is in sync with what was announced even if you have a park pass on a Good to Go Day you should be able to start at any park without an issue.

Thanks! The more I thought about it after posting I realized it might have had to do with the modify function. Appreciate the clarification, and hopefully there won’t be similar glitches moving forward 😊

I am here now. We have Sorcerer passes so I made our park reservations months ago. Every day during our stay (including today), we can enter any park of our choosing, even though our reservations still display. I cannot cancel the reservations, but it appears that Good to Go takes priority over them.

If we were here on Friday, we would have needed a reservation as it is not a Good to Go day.

I am here now. We have Sorcerer passes so I made our park reservations months ago. Every day during our stay (including today), we can enter any park of our choosing, even though our reservations still display. I cannot cancel the reservations, but it appears that Good to Go takes priority over them.

If we were here on Friday, we would have needed a reservation as it is not a Good to Go day.
Are you able to get a VQ for Guardians or Tron without having a corresponding park pass. I had wondered if you had made them for a different park if that would confuse the VQ system.

Are you able to get a VQ for Guardians or Tron without having a corresponding park pass. I had wondered if you had made them for a different park if that would confuse the VQ system.
I haven't attempted getting one yet. If I do, I'll come back and share my experience.

that's a good question--curious as well. But my guess is since you can park hop into any park that has a VQ (to try for the 1pm VQ), it shouldn't matter?? But would love first-hand experience 😁

that's a good question--curious as well. But my guess is since you can park hop into any park that has a VQ (to try for the 1pm VQ), it shouldn't matter?? But would love first-hand experience 😁
On non-Good to Go Days APs are NOT allowed to book a 7a VQ unless they have a park reservation to that park. They can join the 1p VQ if they are in the park. So, I was curious if a park pass to the "wrong" park on a Good to Go Day that you can't cancel has any ill-effects on booking a VQ.

Not exactly the same, but a time where we confused Disney IT was when we had a park pass for MK and were also going to the Christmas Party on the same day the system was super confused and said we weren't eligible to join the 7a VQ. It was later determined it was because we had the XMas Party ticket for later in the day. My point being, the system isn't very smart.

On non-Good to Go Days APs are NOT allowed to book a 7a VQ unless they have a park reservation to that park. They can join the 1p VQ if they are in the park. So, I was curious if a park pass to the "wrong" park on a Good to Go Day that you can't cancel has any ill-effects on booking a VQ.

Not exactly the same, but a time where we confused Disney IT was when we had a park pass for MK and were also going to the Christmas Party on the same day the system was super confused and said we weren't eligible to join the 7a VQ. It was later determined was because we had the XMas Party ticket for later in the day. My point being, the system isn't very smart.
Oh, good to know this! This is why I always come to the Dis to keep up-to-date. I honestly don't know how someone visiting WDW for the first time manages unless they've done a TON of research. We've been going to WDW for years and just when I think we've got it "down", something changes! 😂

Here now as well. Mine ended up being a little more complicated than it should have been. I purchased a Sorcer AP about a month ago and made all my park reservations at that time, as the good-to-go days weren’t listed yet. Once the GTG days were published I decided to just leave my reservations alone and see what happened (staying onsite). When I arrived at MK last Tuesday night my Sorcerer pass had to be activated (couldn’t get through the gate) which I wasn’t expecting, so was sent to Guest Services and she confirmed my DVC status and activated it.

She then asked if I wanted to make my park reservations and I explained I had made them already, but she saw no sign of them. It was crazy - perhaps it wiped them out somehow when she activated the pass? I have screenshots and they were also showing on my MDE for the past month. In any case she was able to make the park reservations I needed for the days that weren’t good-to-go but a few days later I started getting emails saying my upcoming park reservations were being canceled because I didn’t have the “right type of ticket”. I panicked thinking the new park reservations she made were being canceled but it was actually the old ones that were being cancelled (the ones she saw no sign of). It’s mind-boggling how confused the system can get (and thus us 😂)

In any event, everything has been working fine since Day 1, so not complaining, but it shouldn’t be this complicated.

@Boardwalk III our passes have been active since December, but we did not need to stop at Guest Relations to activate them at that time. I guess we are all test samples for this new process.

@Boardwalk III our passes have been active since December, but we did not need to stop at Guest Relations to activate them at that time. I guess we are all test samples for this new process.
Yes it’s weird. The last time I purchased a Sorcerer AP was in November 2022. We were staying at Boardwalk and went in the international gate and did go into GS to activate them (so I don’t know if they would have worked if we hadn’t done that at that time).

I believe I purchased this year’s online through the WDW website (signed in with my login)

I said I would share the results of trying for a virtual queue while holding a theme park reservation (today for Epcot) and it also being a Good to Go day for our Sorcerer's pass. Here's my virtual queue confirmation.
IMG_2200.jpeg

I said I would share the results of trying for a virtual queue while holding a theme park reservation (today for Epcot) and it also being a Good to Go day for our Sorcerer's pass. Here's my virtual queue confirmation.
View attachment 832158
Thanks. If you happen to try for a VQ while not holding an EP reservation (or MK for Tron) on a Good to Go day I'd be interested in that. That is when I wonder if the system could get confused.

Thanks. If you happen to try for a VQ while not holding an EP reservation (or MK for Tron) on a Good to Go day I'd be interested in that. That is when I wonder if the system could get confused.
I can't cancel my existing reservations, and Friday is not a Good to Go day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter