AP vouchers

disneywithfive

Mouseketeer
We bought AP vouchers several years ago but never activated them. This was prior to theme park reservation requirements. How do we activate them now and make a reservation? Do we have to do this in person? If so, how would we make a park reservation for the same day?

If they are several years old I think they have a monetary vale for new ones but are no loner valid as an AP. In other words you will probably need to buy new AP's.I would call MS if you are DVC or Disney if you are a Florida resident.

If they are several years old I think they have a monetary vale for new ones but are no loner valid as an AP. In other words you will probably need to buy new AP's.I would call MS if you are DVC or Disney if you are a Florida resident.
Actually that's only for the more recent vouchers, maybe purchased within the past year or so when vouchers starting having a 1-year expiration date.

To my knowledge, older vouchers will still be honored. You'll get the current AP that most closely matches what was originally purchased. If there were add-ons included such as Memory Maker, make sure you get that as well.

Actually that's only for the more recent vouchers, maybe purchased within the past year or so when vouchers starting having a 1-year expiration date.

To my knowledge, older vouchers will still be honored. You'll get the current AP that most closely matches what was originally purchased. If there were add-ons included such as Memory Maker, make sure you get that as well.
Thanks for the reminder of the Memory Maker. It was included then. I'll try to make a park reservation as they are noted in the mydisneyexperience app and see if it will accept it.

We activated old platinum vouchers in January. Did not have to pay a difference or buy new ones. The lady at guest services told us that the difference in the price for the two vouchers vs todays price for two incredipasses was over $1200!!!
Did you activate and then were able to enter the park or did you make a park reservation with the inactive vouchers first?

I activated a 4-5 year old AP voucher this past Dec. It was in MDE so I had no problem making park ressies ahead of time. When I arrived at the park I had to activate. I went to a ticket window since the line was shorter than guest services and I read here that they could handle it. Took 5-10 min to activate and on I went.

I activated a 4-5 year old AP voucher this past Dec. It was in MDE so I had no problem making park ressies ahead of time. When I arrived at the park I had to activate. I went to a ticket window since the line was shorter than guest services and I read here that they could handle it. Took 5-10 min to activate and on I went.
Thanks! I have some old AP vouchers and I was wondering about activating them.

Bumping up an old thread - for those with several old AP vouchers, did you just assign them to your current profile in MDE? Eg do you have your current AP and say 3 old (non-expiring) AP vouchers assigned to one MDE profile?

Bumping up an old thread - for those with several old AP vouchers, did you just assign them to your current profile in MDE? Eg do you have your current AP and say 3 old (non-expiring) AP vouchers assigned to one MDE profile?
To avoid any confusion, or accidental activation, I suggested assigning them to an alternate profile -- such as using your middle name or first+middle initials instead of your first name. You can then shift them to your regular profile when ready to use.

We activated old platinum vouchers in January. Did not have to pay a difference or buy new ones. The lady at guest services told us that the difference in the price for the two vouchers vs todays price for two incredipasses was over $1200!!!
We activated DVC Gold AP vouchers (bought in 2018) in October because we were told that, after 12/31/23, we would have to pay the difference if we wanted to convert them to Sorcerers (or other) current AP. I was not happy as I was hoping to save them for use in a few years. I wonder if I was told wrong information. :( We were told that by several calls to DVC and the GS at Epcot where the vouchers were changed into tickets.

We activated DVC Gold AP vouchers (bought in 2018) in October because we were told that, after 12/31/23, we would have to pay the difference if we wanted to convert them to Sorcerers (or other) current AP. I was not happy as I was hoping to save them for use in a few years. I wonder if I was told wrong information. :( We were told that by several calls to DVC and the GS at Epcot where the vouchers were changed into tickets.
That sounds so wrong. I am shocked that Disney is not honouring the no-expiration feature of those vouchers. They've always honoured old tickets. I did hear of some differences with DVC vouchers but I am not DVC so don't really understand.

My only data points are redeeming Platinum Pass vouchers purchased in early 2019 (just before they started expiring) in December 2019 and then another set in September 2022. In 2022, they gave me an Incredi-Pass and added waterparks and Memory Maker.

Last edited:
That sounds so wrong. I am shocked that Disney is not honouring the no-expiration feature of those vouchers. They've always honoured old tickets. I did hear of some differences with DVC vouchers but I am not DVC so don't really understand.
Well, these were DVC Gold AP vouchers with the expiration date of 2030 or later but they weren't actually tickets. I was told that the price I paid would be put toward converting to current APs or I could get a refund, if I had waited until after 12/31/23. There's no way I wanted to pay for the difference in a few years since I had paid less than $500 each in 2018. DH and I don't get to WDW enough. However, I was hoping to save them for retirement in a few years and use our DVC points to stay for several weeks. Luckily we had a trip planned last October, so we activated them then and extended the trip by a few days to use the APs. I found a good deal for April at POP, so we'll use them one more week. Not what I had planned and I hope I wasn't told incorrectly.
I still have old tickets, some with no expiration, that I hope are still valid since they are actual tickets and not vouchers.

I have a voucher I purchased on May 4th, 2023.

I haven't been able to go when I thought I would.

Will I pay the difference PAST May 4th or am I going to lose it altogether?

I have a voucher I purchased on May 4th, 2023.

I haven't been able to go when I thought I would.

Will I pay the difference PAST May 4th or am I going to lose it altogether?
It will retain a credit value of what you paid. You will need to make up any difference to current prices when ready to use it after the voucher expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter