• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ap vouchers effected by new pricing or AP passes??

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
My husband and I bought 5 AP vouchers last year.. (No blackout dates)
They have no expiration dates and we were told told we can trade them in at anytime in the future for AP..

With all the new passes and pricing
Will this effect our AP vouchers?

Also which Ap passes will we be given when we arrive?

Non-renewal certificates for former standard Annual passes will become Platinum passes when activated in the computer system. At least, barring any errors or weird things that aren't supposed to happen.

Thank you!
Hubby is so so happy I talked him into buying them...
Saved us a ton of money..

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack your thread, OP, but my query is sort of related.

I prepurchased a premium annual pass ages ago (February!!) in anticipation of our trip next week. When I activate this at GS, what level of AP will I end up getting? I assume because it hasn't been activated yet, it won't be the old pass, it'd have to be mapped to the platinum plus pass? Would I have to pay to upgrade it?

I was intending to upgrade the pass to a premier pass as well, as we will be heading to Disneyland later in our holiday, and now THAT has jumped up a few hundred dollars :( If I were to do that, would the upgrade price be based on the price I paid originally ($779) or the price of the new Platinum plus pass ($829)?

no sure on the 1st question..
I know with my standard ap vouchers, I'll be given the one that has access to 4 parks (no black out, no water parks)
I would think whatever your vouchers state on them is what your be given along with any perks that level on AP hasn't no extra charge.

2nd question..
Biggest advice I can tell you is DONT upgrade to the premier pass until after you have used your non-voucher AP. Disney really has no way to tell what you paid after you are issued the new APs..
Therefor if you wait a a few days after you redeem your vouchers you SHOULD get the full $829

At least That's how it worked with older tickets when we wanted use discounted tickets to upgrade to APs..

Thanks LM! That makes a lot of sense. I'll get the AP activated, then a few days later before we leave Orlando, I'll upgrade to the PP.

There have been mixed reports on this according to people who have called. Some cm's are saying what ravenclawtrekkie said above and others are saying you will get the AP in effect when you bought the vouchers, no blackout dates but no photopass included.

@kennythepirate reported his DD received a Complimentary upgrade which included all the new benefits when she exchanged her voucher for her AP yesterday.

Hopefully the OP will receive the same! :)

There have been mixed reports on this according to people who have called. Some cm's are saying what ravenclawtrekkie said above and others are saying you will get the AP in effect when you bought the vouchers, no blackout dates but no photopass included.

The computers will not issue the old pass types anymore. Believe me, if it were possible to screw this up, I probably would have done it. :thumbsup2

I prepurchased a premium annual pass ages ago (February!!) in anticipation of our trip next week. When I activate this at GS, what level of AP will I end up getting? I assume because it hasn't been activated yet, it won't be the old pass, it'd have to be mapped to the platinum plus pass? Would I have to pay to upgrade it?

The computer automatically "bridges" non-renewal certificates to a current equivalent pass type. If you have a certificate for a Premium Annual pass, you will get a Platinum Plus pass when it is activated. No additional payment will be required.

I know literally nothing about the Premier (coast to coast) passes, because I don't sell or modify them.

The computer automatically "bridges" non-renewal certificates to a current equivalent pass type. If you have a certificate for a Premium Annual pass, you will get a Platinum Plus pass when it is activated. No additional payment will be required.

I know literally nothing about the Premier (coast to coast) passes, because I don't sell or modify them.

Many thanks :) That at least gets me up to the $829 pass, which will take SOME of the sting out of upgrading to the PP. I hope.

Many thanks :) That at least gets me up to the $829 pass, which will take SOME of the sting out of upgrading to the PP. I hope.
If you wait to upgrade to PP when you're at DL, you save money on taxes. DL still does not add on taxes to tickets.

So when we trade in our vouchers for what was a regular AP....we will get no blackout dates, and I thought I read no MM.
But if it is upgraded, do we get MM? I don't want to buy one ahead if it will be included.

So when we trade in our vouchers for what was a regular AP....we will get no blackout dates, and I thought I read no MM.
But if it is upgraded, do we get MM? I don't want to buy one ahead if it will be included.

As I said above, the computer automatically "bridges" non-renewal certificates to a current equivalent pass type. The equivalent of a former regular Annual pass is a Platinum pass.

Ravenclaw- any news on Being able to link "old vouchers" to the new FP+ system?

If we link are old vouchers to our account and make FPs I would think when thAt when the AP are issued that MM would be added to the account automatically..

Does anyone know what AP PASS is given if someone bought a standard AP voucher using the DVC discount???

If you wait to upgrade to PP when you're at DL, you save money on taxes. DL still does not add on taxes to tickets.

Great info! Here I was thinking I was saving the difference between CA and FL tax rates by upgrading at WDW. Zero tax beats the heck out of 6%!

As I said above, the computer automatically "bridges" non-renewal certificates to a current equivalent pass type. The equivalent of a former regular Annual pass is a Platinum pass.

If we have AP vouchers to redeem next month, can I safely cancel my prepurchased MM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter