AP voucher with Maxpass?

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
When you get an AP Voucher online, can you add the year maxpass option? Trying to decide if I should get Signature or Signature Plus for next year; if I can add Maxpass to the voucher when I purchase, probably will go with Sig, otherwise I may just go Sig Plus.

Just curious...are you buying a voucher now to activate later and currently have an active AP? (You seem like a frequent visitor.) Was thinking of doing this exact thing and have done so in the past pre-Disney app days. Was thinking this would still work ok but haven't tried it a for a few years.

Just curious...are you buying a voucher now to activate later and currently have an active AP? (You seem like a frequent visitor.) Was thinking of doing this exact thing and have done so in the past pre-Disney app days. Was thinking this would still work ok but haven't tried it a for a few years.
Yes, that's what I did last year. I got a voucher last fall, but my AP didn't expire until early April. So for several months I had an active AP and a voucher, both with the same name and in the same account. I didn't have any issues activating the voucher in mid-April after my previous AP had expired, I just showed the barcode on my app at the ticket counter and they printed off a new AP, easy peasy. Since they don't have renewal discounts, it didn't make a difference. I was going to hold off as late as possible to activate, but friends ended up coming into town, so I only had a week between expiration and activation.

The main strategy with that is to lock in the current prices (though for me it's not going to end up helping as I decided to upgrade to Premier again after buying the voucher). Some people also were able to use that to lock-in the previous Premium AP benefits; they bought the voucher before the Premium stopped being sold, then waited a year to activate (vouchers are only good for 1 year), so they were able to continue on with their Premium AP with no blackout dates for almost 2 years after they got rid of them.

Yes, that's what I did last year. I got a voucher last fall, but my AP didn't expire until early April. So for several months I had an active AP and a voucher, both with the same name and in the same account. I didn't have any issues activating the voucher in mid-April after my previous AP had expired, I just showed the barcode on my app at the ticket counter and they printed off a new AP, easy peasy. Since they don't have renewal discounts, it didn't make a difference. I was going to hold off as late as possible to activate, but friends ended up coming into town, so I only had a week between expiration and activation.

The main strategy with that is to lock in the current prices (though for me it's not going to end up helping as I decided to upgrade to Premier again after buying the voucher). Some people also were able to use that to lock-in the previous Premium AP benefits; they bought the voucher before the Premium stopped being sold, then waited a year to activate (vouchers are only good for 1 year), so they were able to continue on with their Premium AP with no blackout dates for almost 2 years after they got rid of them.
The current vouchers being sold apparently have a 12/31/18 activate by date on them to guarantee the pass type you bought at that price.

When you get an AP Voucher online, can you add the year maxpass option? Trying to decide if I should get Signature or Signature Plus for next year; if I can add Maxpass to the voucher when I purchase, probably will go with Sig, otherwise I may just go Sig Plus.

Btw, when you do buy your voucher if you didn't mind posting whether you have a one year from date of purchase or 12/31 expiration date, that would be great confirmation for others like me trying to figure out when to buy their next annual pass.

Btw, when you do buy your voucher if you didn't mind posting whether you have a one year from date of purchase or 12/31 expiration date, that would be great confirmation for others like me trying to figure out when to buy their next annual pass.
Will do, but it probably won't be for a month or so!

Shouldn’t the expiration date be disclosed in the terms and conditions before purchasing? Has anyone tried adding a pass to their cart and reading all of the small print? It seems really odd that it wouldn’t be listed prior to purchasing.

Shouldn’t the expiration date be disclosed in the terms and conditions before purchasing? Has anyone tried adding a pass to their cart and reading all of the small print? It seems really odd that it wouldn’t be listed prior to purchasing.
I just read it all and there was nothing about the expiration date for vouchers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter