AP Sales Paused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol!! And which bucket do you think they will make sure has availability?

It really doesn't matter. They have determined the amount in their pools, folks can book early or wait until last minute and risk it.

I don’t see that as much of an issue.

Many do.

Many here are blaming the reservation system, and probably rightly so.
However, notice they are still selling day tickets. I guess the reservation system isn’t overwhelmed if you’re willing to pay more.

And they are still blocking reservations some days for those day tickets.

I am not there yet but my husband is now expressing concerns that we may have made a mistake going into DVC with all of the negative changes the last few months and we haven't even had our first stay on our points yet. Hopefully in a year or two things even out a bit... this stream of negative news and changes has been a bit disheartening.
My wife and I are having the same feelings, and we bought in 2017, way to many extreme price increases lately.

Depending on how things go for our April trip, we are already talking about selling off some of our points and only going every other year.

Only new sales. Renewals are allowed same as they always were.

It’s being reported elsewhere it has to do with park reservations being booked up for the holiday season and that they were paused to prevent people buying and then being angry they can’t use it.
So if park reservations are the reason, then I don’t understand why people with valid tickets for the remainder of the year aren't allowed to upgrade to an AP. I am basically taking my existing tickets for 12/10-18 (with valid park reservations) and swapping to an AP for travel in 2022. I can’t use the Sorcerors pass during blackout days from the 18th through the end of the year anyways. Basically, I am losing the value of a 6-day ticket that could have been applied to the AP. Park tickets were purchased in March 2021, so they have had my $4k for 9 months now…

I am beyond upset by this. I recently extended our December tickets an additional day and went over upgrade options with the cast member. We're International and have to provide a negative covid test to enter the U.S. Purchasing the incredipass made no sense since there is a chance one of us will test positive and we won't be able to travel. Our March and August trips would require just a Sorcerers pass. The cast member agreed and walked me through how easy it would be onsite and how it was better since my park pass reservations wouldn't be impacted if we waited until we were onsite. All this after being denied an AP during the summer. We're going to seriously consider renting a car and doing UOR instead for March and August if WDW doesn't reverse this decision.

Sounds like you understand just fine to me.
I might understand, but it really sucks to have $4k not be applied to APs. I bought back in March due to the park reservation system and multiple CMs advised me to upgrade during my trip when APs first became available, even when point blanked asked about the possibility of APs not being offered.

I have an update from my own situation! In case it helps anyone worrying about the same thing.

I called this morning and when I finally got through I explained that I'm currently an AP and needed a new pass for my 3 year old. She said that she was able to do this since he just became three and we are already pass holders. I didn't want to take any chances that things would change, so I just did it in the moment and renewed our passes at the same time.

However, I was charged multiple times so now I have a new headache :guilty:

So if park reservations are the reason, then I don’t understand why people with valid tickets for the remainder of the year aren't allowed to upgrade to an AP. I am basically taking my existing tickets for 12/10-18 (with valid park reservations) and swapping to an AP for travel in 2022. I can’t use the Sorcerors pass during blackout days from the 18th through the end of the year anyways. Basically, I am losing the value of a 6-day ticket that could have been applied to the AP. Park tickets were purchased in March 2021, so they have had my $4k for 9 months now…

Because it would simply be the same as everyone e still being allowed to buy. The purpose of APs is to be able to book up to 5 without needing a resort reservation.

Someone who pulled from the ticket bucket abs upgrades now has a pass that can’t be used if the AP bucket is full. Granted, in your case you are not planning to go again before 2022.

But others might and I don’t see how you make it case by case. Either everyone can buy a new AP or they are suspended for all.

There are a lot of people out there who are not on the forums who have no idea about all this and would buy an AP with no clue days are booked.

I might understand, but it really sucks to have $4k not be applied to APs. I bought back in March due to the park reservation system and multiple CMs advised me to upgrade during my trip when APs first became available, even when point blanked asked about the possibility of APs not being offered.

And I get that it is disappointing but frontline CMs have no idea what will happen. But they should have never said don’t worry. I agree with you there.

However, as you said, you knew it was a risk sales could be paused. I am sorry this is not what you had hoped for and maybe by the time you go they will be unpaused!!

Many have speculated sales of APs will resume in early 2022. If that does happen will guests be able to apply the value of a regular ticket they used durring the period AP sales were paused toward the purchase of an AP once sales resume?

Many have speculated sales of APs will resume in early 2022. If that does happen will guests be able to apply the value of a regular ticket they used durring the period AP sales were paused toward the purchase of an AP once sales resume?

First time around, I'd read of people having something "noted" that the ticket would apply to a future AP if sales were reinstated, but I've not heard of a single person that actually went back and got it applied.

I will be in WDW 1st week of Jan, 3rd week of Jan, and last week of Feb. So, as my luck typically goes, AP's will be reinstated March 1. lol

I don’t have a screen shot and can’t find the post anymore but someone posted a flash of pricing they saw today noting sorcerer pass for $764. Glass half full me says perhaps Disney will use this to price passes properly, glass half empty me says glitch

I don’t have a screen shot and can’t find the post anymore but someone posted a flash of pricing they saw today noting sorcerer pass for $764. Glass half full me says perhaps Disney will use this to price passes properly, glass half empty me says glitch
$764 is the renewal rate for Sorcerer.

As DVC members that go every 6 months for 10 days, we are in a bind now. We buy our APs, go in September, February and again the week earlier in September to get a third trip out of them. The. Let them expire and rebuy before March and start over. Therefore only having to buy every 18 months but going twice a year. Now in a bind because our passes expire in February. So if they are still paused, do I renew and lose out because I will only get 2 trips out of it, or let it expire and take a chance that they will sell them before September?? I don’t want to take a chance of losing them. Hopefully they resume before then. I’ve heard some people being told early next year and some saying sometime in 2022.

So my gift cards arrived and now I am not sure what to do. If I purchase regular tickets today and passes go back on sale before our trip can we call to have them upgraded over the phone or do we have to wait until we arrive at WDW?

They did not allow that as a practice. I know friends who were told it would apply and it did not.

That doesn’t mean someone was able to sneak it through but as a policy it followed the regular rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter