AP Sales Paused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I believe is one FL resident pass that is still available but it’s one pretty restricted.

One thing I did just think of is that people have used tickets for years during block out dates around Xmas and then upgraded to Gold.

Reports were the loophole was closed but maybe they are concerned CMs will do it anyway? Look what’s been happening with Sorcerer passes being sold to white card holders.

The other option is they are rethinking things and maybe we will see some level of discounts or lower pricing offered? Lots of backlash about the price of these. I know..positive wishful thinking.

Certainly an interesting development.
They paused the unrestricted incredipass too though, which wouldn’t be helpful for that workaround since the holidays are priced in it

I think this is purely to control capacity the remainder of the year. The Pixie Dust pass that is still for sale, has most the rest of the year blocked out, so selling those won't impact capacity --- that alone leans the reasoning towards that capacity issue. I wouldn't be surprised if they opened back up after the marathon weekend.

Note all the flack they got in CA when AP holders couldn't get reservations, I think they are trying to avoid that issue.

But at this point, we don't know if it's a bit of a temporary glitch, or something more significant, right? It just says the sales are paused, not why or if it's long-term.

Not a glitch. You can click through multiple pages on the site and they have been changed to show there are not for sale, wording to state so and it is clearly reprogrammed by them to pause.

Wonder if this impacts renewals, too.

All reports is no they are not impacted.

EDITED to add this has been verified by Disney and is on their website.

Last edited:
I think this is purely to control capacity the remainder of the year. The Pixie Dust pass that is still for sale, has most the rest of the year blocked out, so selling those won't impact capacity --- that alone leans the reasoning towards that capacity issue. I wouldn't be surprised if they opened back up after the marathon weekend.

Isn't capacity control the reason for park passes? I am also unaffected by this move to 'pause' but would be absolutely livid if it did affect a trip.

I assume if we have a renewal certificate we will be good getting it activated....

Our pass expires in the middle of our Christmas trip.

Isn't capacity control the reason for park passes? I am also unaffected by this move to 'pause' but would be absolutely livid if it did affect a trip.

You mean reservations? Yes, of course the actual capacity is controlled by reservations.

The issue is looking similar to Disneyland that sold lots of Annual Passes but then didn't have the capacity to let them in. There was an uproar as folks held passes but were not allowed to make reservations. I think they are avoiding that this holiday season because they are keeping the reservation/capacity parameters in place. There are APs that are already unable to get reservations this holiday season due to no reservations available so the worse thing they can do is add more APs to the pool trying to get in.

The only reason it would affect someone's trip is if they didn't buy their annual pass voucher when they made plans to go. Disney warned this could happen, which is why I would never bank on buying my AP closer to my trip or upgrade when I got there. We looked at all the potential outcomes and felt the only way to guarantee an AP and AP discounts was to just go ahead and purchase it ... activate on arrival.

This is ridiculous and is another bad look for Disney. I'm sure there are many people that were planning on getting APs over the next month, myself included. Magically they are available again in 2022. That is purely greed.

We do not know when they are coming back. That has not been announced but is speculated.

I get people will be disappointed but at least they did announce it was a possibility back in August.

I was planning to buy a brand new voucher to have in my account even though I can renew. But put it off since I can’t renew until January and wanted the option to maybe not do it if my March and April trips get canceled.

But, I also knew it was a risk waiting because they could stop selling them.

Last edited:
They paused the unrestricted incredipass too though, which wouldn’t be helpful for that workaround since the holidays are priced in it

Yes, but not selling any helps ensure the work around isn’t done.

Again, that was just my guess. The reports it has to do with park reservations booked up makes a lot more sense.

I'd really take a breath and give them a week or two to hike up the prices.

After that, I think I would start rearranging my schedule. If they hadn't sold APs by the end of 2021, I had decided to sell a couple of contracts, honestly. My DVC plans did not work without APs.

I am so thankful I decided to buy my husband's pass early (we likely aren't going to go into the parks for this Thanksgiving trip, but will be in December), because I'd be furious right now that yet again we got locked out of getting him an annual pass. As it is, I am not happy that it is paused, as I need Sorcerer's Passes for my sons beginning in February, but I'm holding out hope that we can purchase them passes come the new year.

I wonder how this is going to work for legacy passholders (I've held a pass for almost 10 years straight) that have kids aging into needing a ticket.

Daughter is 2 and when she turns 3 will I be able to buy her one? weird.

I wonder how this is going to work for legacy passholders (I've held a pass for almost 10 years straight) that have kids aging into needing a ticket.

Daughter is 2 and when she turns 3 will I be able to buy her one? weird.

When the passes were paused, they did allow those with APs who had a child aging up to get them. So, if they follow the same plan, you should be able to do it.

APs we’re not intended to have unlimited supply - if parks have capacity then necessarily tickets must also

bummer folks have to spend more
Neither were the previous AP’s but they never sold out. It is probably the reservation system like others have said that is causing a big headache for WDW. WDW does not have the AP issues that DL does.

I screwed up big time. My DD is doing the Disney College Program and we have many trips planned starting Jan 2 - end of August.

I have not been focused on Disney plans and did not buy the vouchers we needed. It got pushed down the to-do list.

I simply have been overwhelmed with a large home improvement project, my DH has had an identity theft issue, my kid is completely changing up her college plan and needs a million doc appointments before she leaves, holidays are coming up and my job is going through a transition that will drastically reduce my hours (though I'm working non-stop at the moment).

I'd like to think they will resume sales in January, but if it's not by Jan 7, we are screwed.

I am just so upset. When it rains it pours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter