AP Sales Paused

Status
Not open for further replies.

But at this point, we don't know if it's a bit of a temporary glitch, or something more significant, right? It just says the sales are paused, not why or if it's long-term.

I will add that they did say this could happen. I am surprised it’s so soon.

It really is going to throw a monkey wrench into everyone who bought tickets to upgrade.

I read somewhere that sales should resume again after the new year.
If that's true, I guess that would qualify as significant! Wow.

If that's true, I guess that would qualify as significant! Wow.

Yup. I believe is one FL resident pass that is still available but it’s one pretty restricted.

One thing I did just think of is that people have used tickets for years during block out dates around Xmas and then upgraded to Gold.

Reports were the loophole was closed but maybe they are concerned CMs will do it anyway? Look what’s been happening with Sorcerer passes being sold to white card holders.

The other option is they are rethinking things and maybe we will see some level of discounts or lower pricing offered? Lots of backlash about the price of these. I know..positive wishful thinking.

Certainly an interesting development.

Maybe they are just trying to get through the holidays. Pixie Dust Pass - that you can still buy has lots of block out dates through the end of year - says a lot that they aren’t worried about that one and still selling.

Might want to explore this -

View attachment 624842

I'm quoting this from another thread…I hope it's true.

Yup. I believe is one FL resident pass that is still available but it’s one pretty restricted.

One thing I did just think of is that people have used tickets for years during block out dates around Xmas and then upgraded to Gold.

Reports were the loophole was closed but maybe they are concerned CMs will do it anyway? Look what’s been happening with Sorcerer passes being sold to white card holders.

The other option is they are rethinking things and maybe we will see some level of discounts or lower pricing offered? Lots of backlash about the price of these. I know..positive wishful thinking.

Certainly an interesting development.
More likely they felt they didn't raise prices high enough. I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they raise the prices.

I will add that they did say this could happen. I am surprised it’s so soon.

It really is going to throw a monkey wrench into everyone who bought tickets to upgrade.

I read somewhere that sales should resume again after the new year.
I am not happy. Advice from WDW and others was “wait until you get to WDW and upgrade in person so you don’t lose your existing park reservations”. I even questioned the CM when I called about the caveat that the AP sales could be suspended, and response basically was “you don’t need to worry about that“. I have 3 trips planned in the next year and that might have to change if I have to spend more $$$ on tickets. 😩

Currently on hold (wait of 60+ minutes) to get more information on this. Our passes expire this month and we needed to buy our son who just turned three his first pass. I'm crossing my fingers that since we are renewing and he just turned three that they will allow him to purchase. I know they were allowing this during the last pause.

Our next trip is February so I suppose if they won't allow us to purchase a pass that we can get him a 10 day and upgrade as soon as renewals open back up. That would be essentially the same, right? I'm trying to figure out if I should be panicked or not.

Currently on hold (wait of 60+ minutes) to get more information on this. Our passes expire this month and we needed to buy our son who just turned three his first pass. I'm crossing my fingers that since we are renewing and he just turned three that they will allow him to purchase. I know they were allowing this during the last pause.

Our next trip is February so I suppose if they won't allow us to purchase a pass that we can get him a 10 day and upgrade as soon as renewals open back up. That would be essentially the same, right? I'm trying to figure out if I should be panicked or not.

if possible could you ask if this blackout applies to dvc owners As per the post higher up?

I am not happy. Advice from WDW and others was “wait until you get to WDW and upgrade in person so you don’t lose your existing park reservations”. I even questioned the CM when I called about the caveat that the AP sales could be suspended, and response basically was “you don’t need to worry about that“. I have 3 trips planned in the next year and that might have to change if I have to spend more $$$ on tickets. 😩
That is so sad. Brutal if you can't rely on advice from Disney. The whole park reservation system is the reason for your problem. If you didn't need to worry about losing your reservations, you would have just bought your AP already.

I just shake my head. Disney needs to get it together and SOON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter