AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I activated a DVC Platinum Pass 9/7/2021. The next day the system changed to the new passes. My current pass shows 9/6/2022, should have been 9/7/2022, but that is not important. It shows a renew now tab. When I click on it, it is renewing as an Incredi-Pass for $1,175.76.
I have another new pass voucher that I want to use. Are they activating any new vouchers, or only renewing existing APs? I cancelled my Sept trip, and am thinking of cancelling my Dec trip. I want to activate my voucher, not pay money to renew.
Has anyone been allowed to activate new vouchers?

I activated a DVC Platinum Pass 9/7/2021. The next day the system changed to the new passes. My current pass shows 9/6/2022, should have been 9/7/2022, but that is not important. It shows a renew now tab. When I click on it, it is renewing as an Incredi-Pass for $1,175.76.
I have another new pass voucher that I want to use. Are they activating any new vouchers, or only renewing existing APs? I cancelled my Sept trip, and am thinking of cancelling my Dec trip. I want to activate my voucher, not pay money to renew.
Has anyone been allowed to activate new vouchers?
Since you have a voucher, meaning you've already paid for a new AP, they will activate it. If the voucher you have is for an AP that did not have any blockout dates and did have PhotoPass downloads, you will be given the current equivalent, which is an Incredi-Pass with PhotoPass downloads.

Others on the TPAS board have reported activating vouchers that they've had for some time. Disney is not selling new vouchers, but they are activating existing vouchers.

Since you have a voucher, meaning you've already paid for a new AP, they will activate it. If the voucher you have is for an AP that did not have any blockout dates and did have PhotoPass downloads, you will be given the current equivalent, which is an Incredi-Pass with PhotoPass downloads.

Others on the TPAS board have reported activating vouchers that they've had for some time. Disney is not selling new vouchers, but they are activating existing vouchers.
Thank you, Carolyn. That is great news. I think the new voucher is a DVC Gold from 2012, which had PhotoPass, but I have read they are not giving PhotoPass when activating these vouchers. They did for 2021, the first year of chance over, only, no more for future. Have I misunderstood that?

Thank you, Carolyn. That is great news. I think the new voucher is a DVC Gold from 2012, which had PhotoPass, but I have read they are not giving PhotoPass when activating these vouchers. They did for 2021, the first year of chance over, only, no more for future. Have I misunderstood that?
For a DVC Gold voucher you will get the DVC Sorcerer Pass with PhotoPass Downloads. You paid for an AP with Memory Maker, so Disney should activate the equivalent for you. If they don’t, politely remind them.

The difference will be the blockout dates - Gold had Easter & Christmas blockout dates, Sorcerer has Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Coming back with my renewal update!!

Just got off the phone from renewing our Sorcerer passes! I called the DVC line and then she stayed on the line with me while she connected us to the ticket lady (Mindy) who took payment and answered my ticket questions.

Here are the details:

* Renewed 2 passes, 1 with picture download $903 and 1 w/o pictures $813 = $1,716.78 total with taxes...

*I specifically asked Mindy if I needed to go to GS @ a park before going in and she said "NO, these are active passes and unless you want a new physical card b/c we are not using a magic band or MDE, you can skip that line and go right into the park"!

Here wishat 1 of the tickets looks like in my MDE:
1660493804879.png

We arrive on Oct 16th so our original tickets will definitely be expired so we will test the information on being able to walk right into the park!

The whole process took less than 15 min including waiting for DVC to pick up initially!! Super duper easy process!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you, Carolyn. That is great news. I think the new voucher is a DVC Gold from 2012, which had PhotoPass, but I have read they are not giving PhotoPass when activating these vouchers. They did for 2021, the first year of chance over, only, no more for future. Have I misunderstood that.

2012 is pre-Gold pass and pre-Photopass with AP's. A voucher from then should be given an Incredi-pass with no blackout dates.

I used an old DVC voucher to activate as a new pass in April. Was given the equivalent of that - the Incredi-pass with no blackout dates. Now I'm curious if it could be upgraded in some way to add Photopass downloads?

I used an old DVC voucher to activate as a new pass in April. Was given the equivalent of that - the Incredi-pass with no blackout dates. Now I'm curious if it could be upgraded in some way to add Photopass downloads?
I would think so since it is an add on to the pass. When we renewed to a Sorcerer Pass they asked if we wanted to add on Photo Pass. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...ing-a-passholder/#drawer-card-drawerPhotoPass

Disney PhotoPass Downloads⁵​

Capture every magical moment with unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads for just $99 plus tax for the year.
With Disney PhotoPass Service, you can get everyone in the picture, with photo opportunities at select attractions and iconic park locations across Walt Disney World Resort.
What’s Included?
  • Iconic, professional photos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers
  • Select attraction photos and videos
  • Digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos and videos captured in your account from the first valid date of your pass until your pass expires
  • Discounts on prints and physical product purchases
Learn more about Disney PhotoPass service.

Was your old voucher already on your MDE account or did you have to scan it in?

I know that if there isn’t an annual pass for DVC available by the time we go on our next trip which will take place in Jan 2023 we will definitely change how we do Disney. We may buy a few day passes through Shades of Green but that isn’t a definite plan at this time.

A lot of times we go into a park just to enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants housed within the park. I guess going forward that will change, no pass means no entry into park which means we can’t eat at favorite restaurants within park. This could equate to a loss of revenue for the restaurants within the parks if enough people do the same thing.

I’m hoping they do bring back the DVC annual pass program along with Tables In Wonderland program. We have enjoyed both for many years now but I guess the old saying that “all good things must come to and end” may be applicable here. I sure hope not!
Same here. We had a big trip for the summer plus the Wine & Dine Half Marathon trip planned and out last will be January for Marathon Weekend. If AP isn’t back by then I’ll be banking/selling points going forward.

I activated in early October 2021. It was a lifelong dream to me to get an AP.

My renewal window is coming soon, and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. My next trip is planned entirely within the existing pass.

Would be great to hear some news on WDW APs. Ours are expiring in November and our next trip isn't until July 2023. We'd still get value out of those APs if we renewed (two 5 day trips and couple 2-3 day stays), but I'd rather just buy new starting July.

It seems that all of them has blockout dates… right?
So… it would be AP plus holidays tickets in the budget? :(

Yes, all the Disneyland passes have blackout days. For the new Inspire pass (the highest), there are only 10 blackout days from 12/21 - 1/1. I have been during Christmas week many times ---- I do not feel a strong need to return during those dates. So no extra tickets for the holidays for me. All other holidays are available as are all Saturdays which is typically when I go since I work M-F.

The difference in the price from the Inspire to the Believe is $500 --- I will pretty easily make that up in shopping discounts and with the parking (20% versus 10% discount on merchandise, free versus $15 each time). While I don't love the price, I expected it to go up so this is not surprising and I planned for it. I should end my Dream Pass with about 30 visits or so for the year, so I came out ahead on it. I expect the same on the Inspire one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter