AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else (who uses their DVC for park visits) seriously struggling to find a way forward without an AP..?

We’ve reduced length of ticket (incorporating 50% non park days), reduced to base instead of hoppers…. The cost is just prohibitive. I’m not even thinking of the discounted pass (which is useless to us as Xmas travellers)… just any AP!

I don’t understand how they market DVC anymore, but given the proclivity of most new - & many veteran - owners to choose studios (assuming to save points) and prefer multiple visits to larger accommodations…. Just why are they not allowing AP sales to DVC members?
I agree. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. I have 900 points. WHERE AM I GOING ON VACATION??/

The AP sales are determined by DPEP and when they make the decisions they make they take into account all guests. DVC, unfortunately are no more or less important to that division than the regular cash guests who also go multiple times a year, or FL/CA residents that go multiple times a year.

Now, what would be great is for them to have allowed DVC owners a chance to buy the pixie dust pass, like FL residents still can, during the suspension as I would snap up one of those without question and adjust my trips so I don't visit on weekends (which I don't normally anyway).

But, I think we just have to wait but the renewing gives me hope they will be back. I also think the lawsuit may be playing a larger role in this now since they did not return after the holiday crowds.
They have some nerve not seeing DVC owners as somewhat equals to Florida residents. Where are we going on vacation? Haaa. I probably paid more for my 900 points and 1/2 the Florida residents paid for their homes.

The issue with this is, I don't want to concede one more got dang thing to Disney. I've conceded dozens of things in the past few years in the name of "pandemic" or "short staffing" or "shortages" or "high demand" or "inflation" or just plain "Disney wanting a higher spending park visitor", the list goes on. I don't want to offer Disney a way to realize more profit on something that is already very profitable. Sure, they can make it for on-site stays only, or make it limited to a certain number of days a year, or a bunch of things, but the AP is the last "value" item left in the ENTIRE universe of Disney, and even then, it had 40% of it's value chewed out when it changed from Gold to Sorcerer. I have no way of stopping Disney from doing anything, and even if a hundred people agreed and left with me it wouldn't even be a blip on the balance sheet, but I won't pay more for it, or accept it when it's rebirthed as a more limited product at a higher cost. Disney has poked and prodded me for the past few years with price increases and I smile through clenched teeth each time, but this would be the proverbial straw, and I say that as a blue card member. Raise the price on Mickey Bars to $9 for all I care, but when you start artificially gating how many times I can come to a park that's, I guess coincidentally, on the same property as the property you leased to me as a "second home", it's over. "Welcome home, but not for that long of a stay!" It's almost like that movie where the guy has to maintain a certain adrenaline level or his heart stops, except it's Chapek and if he doesn't maintain a certain profit level, he self combusts.
It’s sickening.

BCV & BWV are our home resorts and we love the eating & shopping in Epcot & DHS too....we took a 12 night trip in Feb, normally have an AP, but this time bought a 4 day pass (could not justify an 11 day ticket that now cost more than an AP)....that said, i calculated Disney lost: $200 at Le Cellier, $150 at Tutto, $150 Mexico, $150 Norway, $200 Brown Derby and $150 Mama Melrose....Will they feel that?....I dunno....but we did find some very good offsite restaurants in the process....just my 2cents
Nice going!!

Of course, it would be great and last year, they did include DVC in the same ticket deal they offered cash guests.
Can you be more specific on what that was? I missed it last year. We need to buy tickets for our December trip but can wait if there's a chance for a discount for DVC members (we need to buy 5 adult and 3 kids tickets, so any savings adds up fast for us!)

Disney’s stock dropped by 7 points in after hour trading on Netflix news they Lost 200,000 vs gaining the expected 2.5M

fingers crossed Disney+ is in the same boat. The worse Disney+ performs the more Disney will need to rely on traditional business lines and ap may look more appealing to the bottom line

cross those fingers

They have some nerve not seeing DVC owners as somewhat equals to Florida residents. Where are we going on vacation? Haaa. I probably paid more for my 900 points and 1/2 the Florida residents paid for their homes.

it would certainly be nice if DPEP saw DVC owners in the same light.. and offered us the ability to purchase the pixie pass during the suspension of the others.

While it would not work for all, it would have helped many.

I do believe that if there was something that DVD could do in terms of getting that division to include us in those or any other option, it would be in place.

Can you be more specific on what that was? I missed it last year. We need to buy tickets for our December trip but can wait if there's a chance for a discount for DVC members (we need to buy 5 adult and 3 kids tickets, so any savings adds up fast for us!)

Last year, they had a buy 4 get 2 day free ticket offer for cash guests and they allowed DVC owners the ability to purchase the same thing when staying on points.

So far, no ticket offers this year..

I remember reading somewhere that Disney had to offer Florida residents some specific pas or access when they were first incorporating Reedy Creek. It may have something to do with it.

it would certainly be nice if DPEP saw DVC owners in the same light.. and offered us the ability to purchase the pixie pass during the suspension of the others.
It amazes me that as DVC Members, we are not offered access to all the Florida resident perks, discounts, etc.

When I log into the DVC member website, the first thing I see, BIG and BOLD, is "Welcome Back Home".
Everything from the cast members, to the signs, to the magicband readers at the parks, says "Welcome Home".
So according to Disney, we have a "Home" at WDW.

On the same Disney website it states that to become a member we "Purchase a real estate interest directly from Disney Vacation Club".
This is Disney confirming that we legally "Own" a Real Estate interest in Florida. (at least for WDW home resorts as well as Vero Beach)

So...... If Disney affirms that we own real estate in Florida, and says.... no, INSISTS, that WDW is our "Home", then how can they not say that we are Florida residents, as least when we are at WDW?

Disney should offer ALL the Florida resident perks, such as every Florida resident AP option, to DVC Members, even if only to be consistent with their branding.

Do new club 33 members still get an annual pass?

would really diminish the value of club 33 if they also are blocked from passes

not going to lie, I’m tempted to buy a club 33 membership (waitlist of course) to get the annual pass and associated perks

It amazes me that as DVC Members, we are not offered access to all the Florida resident perks, discounts, etc.

When I log into the DVC member website, the first thing I see, BIG and BOLD, is "Welcome Back Home".
Everything from the cast members, to the signs, to the magicband readers at the parks, says "Welcome Home".
So according to Disney, we have a "Home" at WDW.

On the same Disney website it states that to become a member we "Purchase a real estate interest directly from Disney Vacation Club".
This is Disney confirming that we legally "Own" a Real Estate interest in Florida. (at least for WDW home resorts as well as Vero Beach)

So...... If Disney affirms that we own real estate in Florida, and says.... no, INSISTS, that WDW is our "Home", then how can they not say that we are Florida residents, as least when we are at WDW?

Disney should offer ALL the Florida resident perks, such as every Florida resident AP option, to DVC Members, even if only to be consistent with their branding.

Because the POS clearly states that owning a timeshare does not qualify us as being considered a FL resident..which may based on FL law.

Now, DPEP can decide what proof one needs to provide in order to purchase the FL resident products it sells and over the years, it has relaxed those rules to allow things like a utility bill, etc.

But, the whole welcome home is based on a timeshare being a home away from home and nothing more than that.

Again, if they want to allow DVC owners the ability to purchase the same passes as FL residents, they don’t need ti qualify us as such. Just say these passes for for both FL residents and DVC..like the Sorcerr pass,,but they obviously don’t want us to be eligible for the same programs and thus, don’t allow proof of owning DVC as valid.

Do new club 33 members still get an annual pass?

would really diminish the value of club 33 if they also are blocked from passes

not going to lie, I’m tempted to buy a club 33 membership (waitlist of course) to get the annual pass and associated perks

Yes. Not sure what wait list looks like these days. I believe they also receive 50 single day tickets a year.

Correct. They pay $33k to join and then $15K a year which includes those benefits.

It is one very expensive program.
i Think I might try and go for club 33 vs buy another dvc contract. At least I’ll have tickets and the five tour guide days. So envious when I see families doing the tour jumping all the lines

probably sit on the waitlist for ten years though

i Think I might try and go for club 33 vs buy another dvc contract. At least I’ll have tickets and the five tour guide days. So envious when I see families doing the tour jumping all the lines

probably sit on the waitlist for ten years though

Hey..it doesn’t hurt to get on thte waitlist! Plenty of time to save up the funds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter