• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ap?'s Sorry

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
Ok I am a little giddy right now because I am actually considering getting AP's for our trip next July!!! I never would have even considered it would be worth it because we drive from MO BUT....were staying 10 days in July next year....I had thought about doing Sea World and a whale watching tour and beaches and stuff like that but then I started looking into Sea World and you have to pay to get in and then pay extra to do all the fun stuff and my kids are to little for US and I would have LOVED to do the WB tour but they are too young for that also...so then I got to thinking....we will be there 10 days Sat is a blockout day so I figure we can do the Whale watching tour on the Saturday that we will be blockedout and then we can do some beaches and touring and stuff some half days and do some half days at DL so instead of only doing 5 days at Disneyland we could get in up to 9 and the pass would pay for its self!!!! And thats not even including the discounts!! And then we could plan a trip for the next summer before it expires and only have to pay for transportation and hotel!!!....so my questions are....

1. would it be better to buy the 5 day PH and the upgrade when we get there or just go a head and order the AP when we book our stuff in September
2. the date goes by when you first activate it in the park like your regular tickets right? If I went ahead and bought it now it would still be from the first day of use for a year correct?
3. Am I crazy living in Missouri and getting an AP??

1) I wouldn't buy the PH and upgrade, it would not be necessary. You should wait and purchase the AP's in January 2014 at the earliest. That way, they will be effective for 2014 even with any price increase. If you purchased in September and take in July, you will have to pay the difference of any price increase.
2)Yes. The effective date of your AP should be your first date in the parks.
3) Why not? Sounds like it may be cost effective.

Oh Gosh I don't know if I can wait all the way until January to get them lol I may just pay the extra for any price increase.....it shouldn't be much should it?

1. Tickets and APs purchased now are good through December 31, 2014, so there is nothing wrong with buying now. I, personally, don't like to buy so far out because you never know what life will throw your way, and the tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE. Current policy though is that expired tickets can still be used; you just have to pay any price difference if there has been a price increase. So, you can buy tickets are APs right now if you want; if it were me though I would wait a bit. As for the question about whether to buy a ticket first and upgrade...the only reason for doing this would be if you are not staying onsite and would like to be able to take advantage of one magic morning at Disneyland. You would need to use the magic morning, and then you could upgrade to APs. The only negative here is that you will not be eligible for AP discounts until you upgrade those tickets.

2. Even if you bought your tickets now, they are not active until you use them at the turnstiles to enter the park. If you buy tickets and choose to upgrade them to APs, your AP will be backdated to the first date of entry on the tickets.

3. It seems to me that if you want to vacation at DL two years in a row, then this is the cost effective way to do it. I had friends who did just what you're proposing, vacationed at DL then did it again the next year, moving the dates up by one week.

Ok I am a little giddy right now because I am actually considering getting AP's for our trip next July!!! I never would have even considered it would be worth it because we drive from MO BUT....were staying 10 days in July next year....I had thought about doing Sea World and a whale watching tour and beaches and stuff like that but then I started looking into Sea World and you have to pay to get in and then pay extra to do all the fun stuff and my kids are to little for US and I would have LOVED to do the WB tour but they are too young for that also...so then I got to thinking....we will be there 10 days Sat is a blockout day so I figure we can do the Whale watching tour on the Saturday that we will be blockedout and then we can do some beaches and touring and stuff some half days and do some half days at DL so instead of only doing 5 days at Disneyland we could get in up to 9 and the pass would pay for its self!!!! And thats not even including the discounts!! And then we could plan a trip for the next summer before it expires and only have to pay for transportation and hotel!!!....so my questions are....

1. would it be better to buy the 5 day PH and the upgrade when we get there or just go a head and order the AP when we book our stuff in September
2. the date goes by when you first activate it in the park like your regular tickets right? If I went ahead and bought it now it would still be from the first day of use for a year correct?
3. Am I crazy living in Missouri and getting an AP??

Not sure where your getting that from, but admission to Sea Wold includes all attractions, shows, and exhibits.

From SeaWorlds website:

Admission Includes

All shows, exhibits, aquariums and rides are included with park admission. Food, dining experiences, merchandise, Behind-the-Scenes guided tours and animal interactions are optional and an additional cost. Advanced reservations can be made by Booking Online.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-sandiego/Park-Info/Know-Before-You-Go?from=Top_Nav

Not sure where your getting that from, but admission to Sea Wold includes all attractions, shows, and exhibits.

From SeaWorlds website:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-sandiego/Park-Info/Know-Before-You-Go?from=Top_Nav

Have you been to there? Do you know if it is worth seeing I have never been before my kids will be 5 and 6 and I want to do whatever would be the most fun for them and it would cost $300 for us to go to Sea World and an extra 3hrs driving there and back???

We did a trip that included San Diego and Anajeim a few years ago. We visited Sea world in San Diego. I wouldn't advise doing a day trip down to San Diego. It's a lot of driving, I would recommend staying at least one night there. Sea world was fun but I don't think we'd go back. My kids were 11 and 13 at the time. They said they would have rather just done another day at Disney or the beach.

FourM's said:
We did a trip that included San Diego and Anajeim a few years ago. We visited Sea world in San Diego. I wouldn't advise doing a day trip down to San Diego. It's a lot of driving, I would recommend staying at least one night there. Sea world was fun but I don't think we'd go back. My kids were 11 and 13 at the time. They said they would have rather just done another day at Disney or the beach.

Thanks maybe we can get our APs this time and when we go back before the year is up go to sea world since we wont have to pay for disney tickets :)

Seaworld is okay, but quite the drive for the day. The really neat things, swimming with the dolphins, adds extra costs and there are age limits. The beach might be a nice break for a day. You're not crazy to get an AP, and you can purchase now and activate it when you get there. Price increases usually occur before your trip so they may charge you for the difference. Enjoy your trip planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter