AP renewal

Madame

DIS Veteran
Hopefully someone can help me here as I've searched pretty extensively online and can't find an answer. I have an USO AP that was activated Aug 18th last year. I'm trying to figure out if there's *currently* a renewal discount. I want to keep the same level (prefered) but change from a 3 park to a 2 park pass (so eliminate the waterpark access). The only info that I can find about a non Florida AP renewal is:

1687357965238.png

TIA!

mine expired last month but I was offered 20% off. I didn't renew because I bought Disney Incredi Passes instead and that was a big enough blow to the travel budget. I couldn't see how to renew my UP passes until I was in the month of May, the month they expired.

mine expired last month but I was offered 20% off. I didn't renew because I bought Disney Incredi Passes instead and that was a big enough blow to the travel budget. I couldn't see how to renew my passes until I was in the month of May.
Perfect thx! I'm waiting until the last minute to renew to see if USO will offer more than the standard 12 month AP - I think that they do make offers like that sometimes. Thx again!

They have in the past had 15 month ones in the past. Hope you snag a good deal!

when you renew I assume it starts as soon as the previous AP expires, not the next time you go to the parks.

For example, if the AP expires August 1st and you renew, but do not go back to Universal until November 1st, would the renewed APs 12 months start August 1st or or November 1st.

when you renew I assume it starts as soon as the previous AP expires, not the next time you go to the parks.

For example, if the AP expires August 1st and you renew, but do not go back to Universal until November 1st, would the renewed APs 12 months start August 1st or or November 1st.
You are correct a renewal starts the day the other pass expires. If you want it to start at a different date you would by a new AP to activate.

@mamapenguin is right, and this is why it is so important to crunch the numbers for your situation when you look at renew vs start fresh. The paid-in-full renewal discount is 20%, so consider how much of a year will elapse before you return. With Aug to Nov, it’s pretty close: 20% discount while missing 25% of the year. But there are other people who won’t be back for six months who consider renewing, and that kind of blows my mind that they’d waste 50% of their pass time for a 20% discount.

My strategy is to buy an AP, and make sure I take at least one “big” (longer than a weekend) trip just before expiration. Then take a year off. That way I’m coming for at least a week every year, but only buying an AP every other year.

We renewed (and downgraded) our AP's today. Even though we currently only have one six day trip on the books for only 16ish dollars more we were able to renew our AP's to the seasonal AP's (we don't travel during the blockout dates.) Plus wth the extra three months we now may be able to sneak in an extra trip next year. Seemed the extra sixteen dollars was well worth that. But as others have said above, it is all about doing the math.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter