• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP renewal price increase

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
(starting a new thread since my question now is specific to APs)

just wondering about the following:

if admission prices are scheduled to increase this Oct, and my APs expire this Nov, does that mean my AP renewal cost will be higher?

has anyone ever done an early renewal at the pre-increase price, or is it still going to cost the higher price no matter when you renew (as long as before expiration that is)?

(sorry this might sound confusing, i'll try to reword it later if it looks like no one can figure out what i'm talking about :o )

another increase? they just had one jan 15th and one not too long before that and again before that! how much more can they raise it to and still have people afford it? yeesh

they had a price increase last Oct to! I felt Like I beat that out buy buying mine this past Christmas..they had a "gift annual Pass" so mine is good to go for a while!!! but it was cheaper buying myself a holiday one.....and given it to myself for christmas!!

oh i don't actually know if they'll really have another one this Oct, i really hope not! then i won't have to worry about this mess i'm conjuring up in my head... :p

just preparing for the worst, trying to figure out when i should renew my AP or if i should just wait until the next trip after my AP expires to buy a new AP w/ different expiration date.

so my original question, let's say there is another increase in Oct... if i called the AP hotline now to renew, will i pay the current renewal price, or will i be charged whatever increased renewal price it might be this November?

can i even renew it right now? or do i have to wait until closer to my expiration date. :confused:

urgh, i'm confusing myself thinking of all these different options :p thinking too much about Disney is making me dizzy! :p

anyway, your input is appreciated! :bounce:

I think the rule is you can renew up to 30 days before your expiration date, so you can't renew November now. The last couple of times the prices increased, rumors got out ahead of time so that you could buy them before the increase date. This happened to me a couple of years ago, mine expired mid-October and rumors started that the price was going up October 1, so I hurried up and called at the end of September to renew and got the old price.

Don't forget that renewals are now effective with the old one's expiration. So if your next trip after the expiration is a while away, you maybe better off buying a new one. If you hear there's going to be an increase before the 30 days prior to your renewal, that would be all the more reason to buy a new AP voucher at the current price rather than waiting for renewal.

My understanding is that APs did NOT go up in the fall of 2000 as they had done in years past. Both APs and multi-day admission tickets went up in early January. If that's the case, then you should be OK to renew in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter