AP rates?

smt218

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I have a few questions about AP rates. When do they usually announce them? When are they usually announced for May? When making a reservation, do you need to already have your AP? Does everyone in the room have to have an AP?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance for any help.

Hi. Welcome to the club of crazed, rate-obsessed vacation planners! :)

AP rates are typically announced a couple of months prior to the check-in date. Last year the rates for mid-April thru July 4th came out around March 9th and I believe it was virtually the same this year.

You do not have to have an AP when you make your reservation but you should be prepared to show it either at check-in or during your stay to prove you really hold one. Not everyone has to have an AP. One person is entitled to make the reservation and supposedly needs to stay in the room, or at least the group of rooms. I have had success booking two rooms at a time for my family plus my parents, and only 4/6 hold AP's.

These rates go fast! They are quite like the cheap seats on airplanes. Even though there may be seats left on the plane, they won't offer them all at a good price... So folks here watch obsessively for the release of rates. We take turns calling CRO and asking if the rates are out yet. Once they come out you have to call fast to secure an AP rate! Some people have had luck getting the rates later, after evident cancellations. Mousesavers.com is a site that always posts the discount rates once they're available.

Hope this helps get you started. :sunny:

Hi,
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of going next May and want to be prepared. Never to early to start planning. :) I'm writing down all the tips I read on here and will mark down March 9 for the codes.

Thanks again.

ETA:I never noticed the discount forum before, when did it start?

It started right after the last round of AP rates and FL rates were released (around March 10th). A lot of people complained about all the discount posts on the resorts board...

Hi,
Another question. Can you add the AP rate to an existing reservation? For example, if I book under an AAA rate and an AP rate comes out, can I just switch it to the AP rate.

Thanks

Another question. Can you add the AP rate to an existing reservation? For example, if I book under an AAA rate and an AP rate comes out, can I just switch it to the AP rate.

You can, provided that there is a room available at AP rate. They only allow a certain # of AP rate (or any discount) rooms per room category per night. Having a prior reservation does not guarantee you the discounted rate when they are released.

I'm guessing that AP codes for late September should be released the 1st or 2nd week of June... right??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter