AP rates for 2022 resort stays?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
I was an AP holder and loved the AP discounts on resort rooms. I haven't bought an AP yet (Florida resident) as I have to really think about the budget in 2022 unfortunately. I was looking at room rates without discounts and gulped at the huge cost in late April. I just can't swing it without an AP discount, but yet don't want to put out $$$ for an AP voucher if I can't afford the rest of the trip. Is it possible to see the AP rates that far in advance?

Last year AP rates for at least part of April (I don't remember if it was the whole month, or not) came out in October. I have no idea if they will release them that soon this time around though. The discounts for this December just came out recently. They are very slim, and there were none for October, or November. So, who knows...but I hear ya. The rates for April 2022 are too high.

The room rates went up so much I am not sure a discount is going to help... this is why I stayed offsite last weekend.... and at the Dolphin in two weeks.

That’s what I am thinking. :( I think they priced me out of my visits, annual pass, and staying.

I was an AP holder and went for two days in December, 2019 when I activated, and 6 days with my friend at French Quarter.

I made a new plan to take the grandkids in May of 2020. Staying at Coronado, and happy with the price as an AP. They called me in February, and gave me (us) a complimentary upgrade for two of those days (it was a split reservation) to Beach Club!!!!!!!! It was of course cancelled, and I rescheduled for August for Pop. Which was cancelled.

My two grandsons were devastated, and after learning we were at the Beach Club with reservations for Beaches and Cream, it was even worse. Now, Pop is $200/night. Ouch.

It’s so dismaying. Two trips were cancelled last year through no fault of anyone- but I can’t seem to reschedule this. Airline tickets are $$$$$$, the rooms are $$$$$, and I am so disheartened.

That’s what I am thinking. :( I think they priced me out of my visits, annual pass, and staying.

I was an AP holder and went for two days in December, 2019 when I activated, and 6 days with my friend at French Quarter.

I made a new plan to take the grandkids in May of 2020. Staying at Coronado, and happy with the price as an AP. They called me in February, and gave me (us) a complimentary upgrade for two of those days (it was a split reservation) to Beach Club!!!!!!!! It was of course cancelled, and I rescheduled for August for Pop. Which was cancelled.

My two grandsons were devastated, and after learning we were at the Beach Club with reservations for Beaches and Cream, it was even worse. Now, Pop is $200/night. Ouch.

It’s so dismaying. Two trips were cancelled last year through no fault of anyone- but I can’t seem to reschedule this. Airline tickets are $$$$$$, the rooms are $$$$$, and I am so disheartened.
Have you ever considered the Dolphin or Swan? Or off site? It's been a real game changer for us.
We had stayed off site for seaworld and universal but never Disney untill Disney up the prices and blocked one night stays on me. I'm getting a super nice room at the Dolphin for 170 with my AP and last weekend I stayed off site in a two bedroom hotel room for under $100.
Airfare has been higher .. now we fly spirit and add one checked bag for the family. At first I was not sure but I have used them over a dozen times and been pleased with how much I have saved. I use skyscanner.com to look at flight prices.

I'm sure everything will settle down and you can get those grandbabies to Florida.

Looks like the Contemporary is almost the only hotel not included at all. That’s a bummer. I’ve always wanted to stay there but can’t justify full price.

AP discount dropped today for Jan 2-Mar 10.

I’m not seeing it for Jan 24- 30.
Edit- found it! Had to search a bit, but found it.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to include Pop, BC, YC, Poly, Contemporary, etc. I could book at AK for the same price as the Swan so I’m contemplating……

Last edited:
I’m not seeing it for Jan 24- 30.
Edit- found it! Had to search a bit, but found it.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to include Pop, BC, YC, Poly, Contemporary, etc. I could book at AK for the same price as the Swan so I’m contemplating……
I think they are just trying to fill holes so whatever isn't booked, gets a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter