• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Prices Going Up (December 2022) - Renew Now

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Just letting everyone know MS today stated that sometime in the next month AP prices will be going up possibly by around $100.

Just renewed 5 passes and purchased 1 new pass for my daughter as well.

Pricing is currently:
$813.66
$903.12 w/ Photopass

They announced this a few weeks ago I think the date is December 8th.

My renewal would be in June. Can I do something this early?

My renewal would be in June. Can I do something this early?

Normally they won’t let you renew unless you are 60 days out.

Couldn’t hurt to call!

But reported increase is $70 for Sorcerer and $100 for Incredi. Those are for new passes so possible a little less when renewing.

Couldn’t hurt to call!

But reported increase is $70 for Sorcerer and $100 for Incredi. Those are for new passes so possible a little less when renewing.
So they are selling new passes now?

I will give a call. Thanks.

I wish they were!
From what you say, I guess not. :(

Actually, I am going to wait to renew. I have nearly enough rewards with a big ticket item coming up. I also have to decide if we’re going with Incredible pass. This year we are paying for one day after Christmas, but we may want two or three next year.

So they are selling new passes now?

I will give a call. Thanks.
No…sorry for the confusion. They announced the increase in price for new passes, even though they are not for sale yet.

But, the rise in price would also raise the renewal rate.

Couldn’t hurt to call!

As long as I've been a passholder, it's 15% less rounded DOWN to renew WDW APs. That'd make the new pricing:

photo add-on new: $99
photo add-on renewal: 99-15% = $84

sorcerer new: 899+70 = 969+6.5% tax = $1,031.99
sorcerer renewal: 969-15% = 823+6.5% tax = $876.50
sorcerer with photos renewal: 823+84 = 907+6.5% tax = $965.96

incredi new: 1299+100 = 1399+6.5% tax = $1,489.94
incredi renewal: 1399-15% = 1189+6.5% tax = $1,266.29
incredi with photos renewal: 1189+84 = 1273+6.5% tax = $1,355.75

I'm curious to see if I get it right again. I'm not sure if they round down the add-ons separately because it comes out the same either way with the current pricing, but I could be off by one whole penny on the photo options. I accept no responsibility if this is the case :)

Last edited:
I didn't WANT to renew, I would rather have had a new pass as it rolled over in November, and that trip where I activated it was a one off. But I did renew with photopass, as I was not certain when/if new passes would be available. Glad I did before the price increase.

From what you say, I guess not. :(

Actually, I am going to wait to renew. I have nearly enough rewards with a big ticket item coming up. I also have to decide if we’re going with Incredible pass. This year we are paying for one day after Christmas, but we may want two or three next year.
Nice! I wish they would start to resell. Worse thing I ever did was give them up in Covid for that quick refund. If I knew sales would have stopped I would have just cut my losses.

Nice! I wish they would start to resell. Worse thing I ever did was give them up in Covid for that quick refund. If I knew sales would have stopped I would have just cut my losses.
Same boat. All those years of pass equity lost... And getting seriously dinged now having to buy 7-day passes three or four times/year. Did not see the halt in sales coming though.

I was able to renew, and they told me it would appear in my MDE app, but I'm confused how it all works, since this is my first time renewing vs buying a new AP for a future trip.

They told me it would appear in MDE and no further action was needed. I now show my current AP (listed as expiring 1/7/23 still), and a DVC member "Disney Sorcerer Pass Renewal" ticket, but not sure how that works and it shows no expiration date...
I assumed it would just change the expiration on my current pass from 1/7/23 to 1/7/24...

I was able to renew, and they told me it would appear in my MDE app, but I'm confused how it all works, since this is my first time renewing vs buying a new AP for a future trip.

They told me it would appear in MDE and no further action was needed. I now show my current AP (listed as expiring 1/7/23 still), and a DVC member "Disney Sorcerer Pass Renewal" ticket, but not sure how that works and it shows no expiration date...
I assumed it would just change the expiration on my current pass from 1/7/23 to 1/7/24...
We renewed the "normal" way (online none through DVC) because we need the incredi-pass. Our renewals don't show dates on them either.

We also just renewed our 3 sorcerer passes over the phone and I'm seeing the same thing that you do in MDE (current AP listed with the existing expiration and a renewal AP listed w/ no expiration). They said on the phone that the date will update automatically and no need to stop by ticketing or guest services anymore as it is now automatic. Also, I did not receive an email confirmation of the purchase like I had in the past. However the rep gave me a confirmation number and said the purchase information was notated on my DVC account with the confirmation number. I upgraded to the photopass option which she said will take effect as soon as my current pass expires (my new AP showing in MDE without the expiration date says that it has photopass).

Same boat. All those years of pass equity lost... And getting seriously dinged now having to buy 7-day passes three or four times/year. Did not see the halt in sales coming though.
yah no way I am. We just went for a 12 day trip and I went kicking and screaming for it. But it was one of the best trips we ever dad in over 20 years. But no way I', going them money for multiple trips per year till passes come back. Ill rent out my points I have left if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter