AP Preview for VelociCoaster

I have ridden Hulk twice. I don't know why. It scared me so much I thought I was going to cry. I am 51. I, for some crazy reason, got caught up in the rush and was able to get my daughter and I spots for May 3rd. It terrifies me to look at the VelociCoaster. My daugher is 16 so she can't ride without an adult. We live in Kentucky. I am waiting on emails to make sure she'll be excused from school for missing two days and I can get off work to book our flights. I went ahead and booked a room at Pop Century since there were no on-site rooms available at Universal and I can take the Magic Express from the airport for free. I'll just have to get a ride to Universal and back. If on May 3rd between 2:30-3:00, the ride is stopped, I may have passed out from terror and the EMT's are trying to get me off.

I feel this so hard! I’m too scared to ride rip ride rocket or the hulk coaster...but I somehow think I’m going to be able to pull on my big girl panties for the Velocicoaster? :scared1: I started watching videos on YouTube and that giant hill is freaking terrifying! My husband goaded me into it so if you see someone in line shaking like a leaf, it’s probably me.

I feel this so hard! I’m too scared to ride rip ride rocket or the hulk coaster...but I somehow think I’m going to be able to pull on my big girl panties for the Velocicoaster? :scared1: I started watching videos on YouTube and that giant hill is freaking terrifying! My husband goaded me into it so if you see someone in line shaking like a leaf, it’s probably me.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I'm so excited about this! I was able to get myself and my sister spots for the same time on Monday. Only problem is we have to fly down from Kentucky that morning, can't come the day before because we have something else going on, so fingers crossed my flight is on time and we make it to our reservation without a hiccup. We are flying down just for this ride lol. It will be very disappointing if something happens and we don't get to do it.

I think I managed to get the last available standard room at RPR for those dates so we are going to stay for 2 nights so we'll make the best of it even if we don't get to ride velocicoaster. Our flight is 6 am to 8 am and our reservation is 12:00-12:30 so I think we'll be okay unless our flight is majorly delayed.

If you read the fine print on the confirmation email it says we have to sign liability and press release forms before riding. I'm not worried though, as we all know "they won't kill you in a theme park as long as you have a dime left in your pocket!"

I'm so excited about this! I was able to get myself and my sister spots for the same time on Monday. Only problem is we have to fly down from Kentucky that morning, can't come the day before because we have something else going on, so fingers crossed my flight is on time and we make it to our reservation without a hiccup. We are flying down just for this ride lol. It will be very disappointing if something happens and we don't get to do it.

I think I managed to get the last available standard room at RPR for those dates so we are going to stay for 2 nights so we'll make the best of it even if we don't get to ride velocicoaster. Our flight is 6 am to 8 am and our reservation is 12:00-12:30 so I think we'll be okay unless our flight is majorly delayed.

If you read the fine print on the confirmation email it says we have to sign liability and press release forms before riding. I'm not worried though, as we all know "they won't kill you in a theme park as long as you have a dime left in your pocket!"

lol....how true!!

Fingers crossed you make it down on time Ruthie and get to ride it....it looks spectacular!

In case any one is wondering here is some reviews from the TM preview.

Example descriptors include, "UO outdid itself," "one of the most incredible coasters I've ever been on," "amazing," "incredibly intense," "insane hang time," and "really smooth ride." Someone claimed of his TM friend that, "he's been on every [coaster] here and a lot in Europe too. He says Velocicoaster stacks up with the best of them." Previewers seem to give high marks to both the "dark ride" portions and the faster outdoor stuff.

Just got off the ride. It was FANTASTIC! Our reservation was for 11, we got in at ~1050, scanned our APs. Walked the queue, lockers, metal detectors, rode in about 20 minutes.20210502_110401.jpg

Attachments

• 20210502_110559.jpg
    20210502_110559.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I am just sad that it doesn't have the over the shoulder restraint. Without that, I can't ride it. Rip Ride Rocket taught me that.

How do you get a preview AP email? Is it just luck? We are there Memorial Day Weekend. Crossing or fingers. Any tips?

Got to ride it around 4PM, I agree with a lot of others, this is the best coaster in Florida right now, and up there among the best I've ridden anywhere (This includes California Parks and Ohio Parks/Cedar Point) I love Mako over at SeaWorld, but this wins just on the elements and theming. Yes, the air time is crazy, and this is one of those rides the front row is definitely the best, as you get to see a lot more of the theming elements that way (which is important since the ride moves so fast). The queue is top notch also. This sets the new bar for high end thrill roller coasters. You do wind up out of your seat, a lot, particularly after the second launch and the heartline roll over the water toward the end got to me, even though I knew it was coming. Can't wait to ride the thing again, it's running really well, so if you are here before June 10th there's a really good chance you may get to ride it, just go back and check. Entrance is behind the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, and the outside part of the queue line gets REALLY close to the roll over the water.

That said, between this and Hagrid's, IOA is going to be slammed more than usual this summer.

Last edited:
Well, after watching a couple videos today, I’m going to be cancelling my reservation for May 5th (for my DH and myself). There’s absolutely no way I can do an upside down coaster with no shoulder restraints. It didn’t help hearing that you get a lot of air time and feel like you’re going to fall out. This chicken is chickening out. :car:

Well, after watching a couple videos today, I’m going to be cancelling my reservation for May 5th (for my DH and myself). There’s absolutely no way I can do an upside down coaster with no shoulder restraints. It didn’t help hearing that you get a lot of air time and feel like you’re going to fall out. This chicken is chickening out. :car:

For what it's worth, no shoulder restraints on coasters that go upside down are pretty much the norm now. Up here in Cedar Point there is Steel Vengeance which currently holds the world record for negative Gs (the feeling of you out of your seat) at 28 seconds. And you're just in a lap bar. I've ridden it multiple times and never had fear that I was unsafe or was going to feel like I was coming out.

Give it a shot! You can do it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter